The Student Room Group

Keele Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by arnab
thanks for the info mate. will look into the nottingham thread :smile:
just 1more question, do you know any thing about St.george? like about how they use the ukcat and that?:redface:

Sorry man, never researched into SGUL as my GCSEs aren't good enough for them. I think they do use the UKCAT a fair bit, but fairly sure they don't do a cut off like Newcastle or Manchester do.
Reply 21
Do you think it is worth the risk applying to Keele when i have a UKCAT score of 572.5?
Reply 22
im thinking of applying to the A100 course. do you think i would have a chance? (international student btw!) Thanks in advance :smile:

GCSE: 1A* 7A 1C
AS: AAAB (Math, Chemistry, Biology, Economics respectively)
Predicted AAA
UKCAT: 600

also can someone suggest another university that i could be legible for? because i am quite stuck with choices at the moment and im getting really worried :'(
Reply 23
Original post by franynli
im thinking of applying to the A100 course. do you think i would have a chance? (international student btw!) Thanks in advance :smile:

GCSE: 1A* 7A 1C
AS: AAAB (Math, Chemistry, Biology, Economics respectively)
Predicted AAA
UKCAT: 600

also can someone suggest another university that i could be legible for? because i am quite stuck with choices at the moment and im getting really worried :'(

I'd imagine you would have a chance :smile: Your grades are good etc. :biggrin: Have you got much work experience?

Also, the UEA has similar entry requirements to Keele if you hadn't already considered it.
Reply 24
Original post by Joseppea
I'd imagine you would have a chance :smile: Your grades are good etc. :biggrin: Have you got much work experience?

Also, the UEA has similar entry requirements to Keele if you hadn't already considered it.

oh i see :smile: well i am planning to apply for uea :smile:
well ive only done job shadowing and volunteering at elderly care home. which im a bit worried about because i couldnt get proper work. as i was rejected from norwich hospital because too many people volunteered so the age limit was 17 and a half. :frown:
plus i got rejected in a hospital in hong kong because my chinese isnt good enough i think.. haha
Reply 25
oh i see :smile: well i am planning to apply for uea :smile:
well ive only done job shadowing and volunteering at elderly care home. which im a bit worried about because i couldnt get proper work. as i was rejected from norwich hospital because too many people volunteered so the age limit was 17 and a half. :frown:
plus i got rejected in a hospital in hong kong because my chinese isnt good enough i think.. haha

Haha, no way I was going to apply to N&N for volunteering but I'm still note 17.5 years old...so all I would've been able to do is Meet & Greet in a hospital where I don't know the location of anything! :colondollar:
Thankfully I've got volunteering work sorted for another hospital nearby. ^-^

I imagine that elderly care home stuff will be fine as voluntary work. :yes:
Reply 26
Haha, no way I was going to apply to N&N for volunteering but I'm still note 17.5 years old...so all I would've been able to do is Meet & Greet in a hospital where I don't know the location of anything! :colondollar:
Thankfully I've got volunteering work sorted for another hospital nearby. ^-^

I imagine that elderly care home stuff will be fine as voluntary work. :yes:

haha yea meet and greet D: at least youre nearly of age and have a bigger possibility doing any other work expericence, im still 16 :/

i hope do hope my volunteering its enough! :frown:

which other unis are you planning to apply to?
Reply 27
haha yea meet and greet D: at least youre nearly of age and have a bigger possibility doing any other work expericence, im still 16 :/

i hope do hope my volunteering its enough! :frown:

which other unis are you planning to apply to?

Well, UEA, Keele (obviously), King and Leicester. :biggrin:

Will you be 18 by the time you'd start the course? I can't remember if that's a requirement for UEA/Keele? :confused:
Reply 28
Well, UEA, Keele (obviously), King and Leicester. :biggrin:

Will you be 18 by the time you'd start the course? I can't remember if that's a requirement for UEA/Keele? :confused:

SHOOT! i totally forgot about that! i really need to ask! that used to be the first question on my mind but with the application and all i forgot! :/
thanks for reminding me!
Reply 29
Hello all! Yes, i'm applying, i've got to say, Keele is probably my top choice!
Reply 30
Original post by Iaso
Okay, thank you!!

Anybody else seen this on the Keele website?

That's quite worring! Do you reckon there'll be less applicants this year because of it?

I spoke to the admissions tutor, thats because last year they where still AAB. :smile:
Reply 31
Decided on Keele as a definite choice now :biggrin: Either 2nd or 3rd... :biggrin:
Reply 32
Original post by SamHey789
I spoke to the admissions tutor, thats because last year they where still AAB. :smile:

Really? That's fantastic! I was really getting worried about this, thanks for clearing that up :biggrin:
Applied last year. Rejected in March with out interview. Some of you have a very very long wait ahead of you. Good luck.
Original post by Wilzman
I applied here last year, and got an offer, so please feel free to ask anything about the admissions process guys. I'll try my best to answer. :smile:

That said, don't ask me too much about uni life, I'm going to a different medical school so I won't be able to answer that. :tongue:

Good luck with your applications! :biggrin:

Hi! I'm thinking of apply to Keele but I'm not quite sure yet. I've read on their website they like to see long term volunteering/work experience. I volunteer at a nursing home once a week but it's been around a month. I intend to carry this on for as long as possible, so would this be okay, or do they want long term volunteering at the time of application :frown:? Also I have volunteered at my local temple for many years but that's both unrelated to medicine (although it involves working with children, organising activities etc) and not "official" as it's not a company or anything, I've mentioned this on PS would they regard this?

Also do you have any idea by what "Intellectual achievements and Potential" mean as stated on Keele's website? Would high AS grades/predictions be suffice for this?
Thanks in advance for your help :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 35
Original post by dunnicare
Applied last year. Rejected in March with out interview. Some of you have a very very long wait ahead of you. Good luck.

Hi
I was just wondering what feedback you got from them, as in what wasnt good enough for them to offer you an interview :colondollar: Also what is their admission procedure to get an inteview :smile:
Original post by vik94
Hi
I was just wondering what feedback you got from them, as in what wasnt good enough for them to offer you an interview :colondollar: Also what is their admission procedure to get an inteview :smile:

Well theory feedback was non-existant. They sent me a long email talking about the number of applicants that applied and how competitive a place was.

If you trawl through the 2010 thread you'll find the rejection emails. They give info on the real application process. They one you can't really find.
Reply 37
I really do want to get into Keele, has anyone else handed out that list they want for your reference into the people writing it?
Reply 38
Any idea what Fresher's week is like at Keele?
Reply 39
Original post by Wilzman
I applied here last year, and got an offer, so please feel free to ask anything about the admissions process guys. I'll try my best to answer. :smile:

That said, don't ask me too much about uni life, I'm going to a different medical school so I won't be able to answer that. :tongue:

Good luck with your applications! :biggrin:

I am applying to keele. I have a few questions to ask to you, please bear wth me! Thanks!

I have my Alevels already (yes! you guessed it I was rejected last year, but not from keele). I have A*AB and B in AS physics. However, I also have E in EPQ...Does keele put emphasis on EPQ and do you think this E will ruin my application?

Does keele put much weight on UKCAT? It would be better if you would enlighten me with the general selection process.

I would also like to know more about interview? (Not like I am expecting but def. loking forward to).

Quick Reply

Latest