The Student Room Group

Anyone work at Zara?

What are the benefits and pay rate like? Do you work part-time/full time and do you enjoy working there? Any other interesting details?

Thanks in advance :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
anyone ? :smile:
Reply 2
Hey, I've just got offered a job there - I start on Friday. I was told the pay was going to be £6.10 an hour...Not great, but it will do for a part-time job. :smile:
Reply 3
Thanks for the response :smile: I've also been offered a job there too and start the week commencing the 12th.
Reply 4
What do they look for in an employee/CV because I want to apply to Zara too. Thanks
Reply 5
Can I just ask how did you get the interview.. Did you just hand a CV in?

Thanks xx
Reply 6
Original post by 1meg2009
Can I just ask how did you get the interview.. Did you just hand a CV in?

Thanks xx

You hand in your own CV and they ask you to fill in their application form thingy (it says CV at the front though! :P)

Original post by starglide
Hey, I've just got offered a job there - I start on Friday. I was told the pay was going to be £6.10 an hour...Not great, but it will do for a part-time job. :smile:

By the way, after you put in your applications, how long did it take for them to reply, and ask you to come in for an interview?
Reply 7
Do they give you it to fill in there and then? Or do you take it away and do it...

Sorry for the questions xx
Reply 8
You can do either but I filled it in there and then and gave my copy of my cv too :smile:
Whats the pay in London like for Zara?

Or is that the London rate? =/
Reply 10
I just got a job at Zara, and i start on Wednesday
Reply 11
I've been working at Zara for about 2 months now! I like it but some of my co-workers are really unhelpful and rude. they pay you 6.40/h and u get a 15% discount after a months service.
Is it true that you have to be Spanish to work at Zara?
Reply 13
Original post by SarZh2
I've been working at Zara for about 2 months now! I like it but some of my co-workers are really unhelpful and rude. they pay you 6.40/h and u get a 15% discount after a months service.

What did you wear on your first day at Zara? The man on the phone told me, but i didn't really understand him and he was talking too fast.
Reply 14
Original post by Helen4
What did you wear on your first day at Zara? The man on the phone told me, but i didn't really understand him and he was talking too fast.

I wore a black skinny jeans :tongue: and a simple black shirt! I also asked one of my co-workers about skinny jeans, she told me its fine as long as its black.
Reply 15
I was told to wear black trousers, black top and black ballet pumps....I've been working there a month now, and let's just say, I'm thankful I only signed a temporary contract - 2 months to go and I'm out of there!! :biggrin:
Original post by takethyfacehence
Is it true that you have to be Spanish to work at Zara?

lolwut
Original post by Victor-PP
lolwut

That's what my sister told me when she tried to apply... I don't know whether my question was ignored up till this moment because it looks like a joke, or because it's a given... ?
Original post by takethyfacehence
That's what my sister told me when she tried to apply... I don't know whether my question was ignored up till this moment because it looks like a joke, or because it's a given... ?

Zara is a Spanish company and may want to recruit a few Spaniards... but they will surely need to hire Brits for their shops in the UK.
Original post by Victor-PP
Zara is a Spanish company and may want to recruit a few Spaniards... but they will surely need to hire Brits for their shops in the UK.

I was just wondering whether they do hire anyone other than Spaniards! At least my local Zara doesn't seem to...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending