The Student Room Group

HYMS Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
has anyone had an interview how did it go?im so nervous for mine, but excited too, i really want it to go well, need an offer from hull, its my first choice by far!
Original post by sophiell
has anyone had an interview how did it go?im so nervous for mine, but excited too, i really want it to go well, need an offer from hull, its my first choice by far!

I think the first ones are today so I guess we'll hear something this evening :smile:
Had my interview today at York! Don't worry guys, its pretty straightforward, its not something you should prepare for too much, just say how you feel at the time, its very informal :smile:
Reply 303
I had my interview at York today too! It was alot less nerve wracking and imformal than I thought it would be and the questions weren't bad either :smile:
Original post by Yellowmonkeyman
Heyyy, PBL going well is it? :tongue:

Not bad mate haha.....see you this afternoon!
For anyone who has had the interview, what was the interview like, were you allowed to have a conversation with the interviewers or did they just stick to their 8 questions?
is it worth coming there for the interview from Pakistan or should i let this one go and hope for an offer from a university higher on my list? There are 10 international seats, dont know how big a shot i have at getting in
It would be silly not to take the opportunity, you never know what might happen.
Original post by sgheewala1

is it worth coming there for the interview from Pakistan or should i let this one go and hope for an offer from a university higher on my list? There are 10 international seats, dont know how big a shot i have at getting in

Given that all international interviews are on one day..I am sure theyve cut down quite a few! So u shud really just come!
Reply 309
Original post by questionandanswer
For anyone who has had the interview, what was the interview like, were you allowed to have a conversation with the interviewers or did they just stick to their 8 questions?

When I had mine they stuck to the questions, they did slightly probe my responses but I wouldn't call it a conversation. Guess it's fair to all applicants but might seem a bit awkward (did for me anyway).
Reply 310

Why the hell did you apply then? Just pick like 2 unis or something? Someone else could have had that interview.
Original post by Eddie91
When I had mine they stuck to the questions, they did slightly probe my responses but I wouldn't call it a conversation. Guess it's fair to all applicants but might seem a bit awkward (did for me anyway).

In that case, your answers must have been pretty long then(considering its a 20 minute interview with only 8 questions)?
Interview in 2 days...kinda freaking out! But something tells me itll be just fine! We shall see! I have looked thru their practice qns and theyre all pretty fine! Just gotta hope it goes well! R the interviewers really friendly?
Reply 313
Just got an international student email. They forgot to hide everyone's email. :redface:
interview tomorrow, nervous but feeling chilled at the same time somehow.
Are the questions asked in interview more or less similar to the example ones provided? :smile:
Reply 316
Original post by holderbolder
Are the questions asked in interview more or less similar to the example ones provided? :smile:

I think its prob similar, the ethics and creativity questions may differ but feel like the other a question's will be similar. It is prob strongly recommended for a reason. :confused:
Hey everybody! I've only just stumbled upon this site but better late than never :biggrin: . I figured that I may as well toss in my HYMS info onto the pile:

Status: Interview offered (International student- Canadian)
Date: January 14th 2012.

It's a bit late, but good luck to everybody in the interviews :smile: .

PS Do all international students interview on the same day? :confused:
10gileshe1, gribben93, MJHERBZ, katiehockey22 - maybe I will see you tomorrow at interview! :biggrin: Good luck everyone :smile:
Reply 319
Original post by getchanceandluck
Hey everybody! I've only just stumbled upon this site but better late than never :biggrin: . I figured that I may as well toss in my HYMS info onto the pile:

Status: Interview offered (International student- Canadian)
Date: January 14th 2012.

It's a bit late, but good luck to everybody in the interviews :smile: .

PS Do all international students interview on the same day? :confused:

Hey welcome to TSR. :smile:
All intls are on the same day.
And i am canadian too. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending