The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

They've still got to have the Beauty Shot and Covergirl pic/commercial for this Cycle - sometimes they are the best pics!

-x-
Reply 841
Yeah the beauty shots are always gorgeous.
I always get jealous when i see them, lol! I know they have been touched up and things (in terms of making the skin smooth)... still, the faces look perfect!

-x-
Reply 843
I know! I like the black & white photos Tyra takes too.
Ohh yeah, forgot about them! I liked the one she did last Cycle - didn't like it when she used that tear stick thing, there's only so many ways you can cry and look good!!

-x-
Reply 845
ok i don't know what season y'all are on about, but i'm doing it the good ol' fashioned way and watching cycle 7 on living!

and, hallelujah, anchel's finally gone. she really annoyed me. she never tried, she was self-concious and didn't look like a model at all; all she had was a startling facial structure, that's ALL! no talent imo and it pissed me off that they kept her over the likes of aj (who i didn't really like, but had real talent!)
grace
ok i don't know what season y'all are on about, but i'm doing it the good ol' fashioned way and watching cycle 7 on living!

and, hallelujah, anchel's finally gone. she really annoyed me. she never tried, she was self-concious and didn't look like a model at all; all she had was a startling facial structure, that's ALL! no talent imo and it pissed me off that they kept her over the likes of aj (who i didn't really like, but had real talent!)

:ditto: Anchel was just bad...i couldn't help laughing when they were doing the action photoshoot and she was so timid in comparision to everyone else.
I LOVE Keridee (sp?) I hope she wins she made me laugh when she had to hide dizzyly.
We're on Cycle 8 :biggrin: But i think we can't watch anymore ep's, so all convo might be going back to Cycle 7!

Yeah i really didn't like Anchel, exactly like you said, she always managed to stay though she was rubbish!! I didn't really see what was so good about her in the first place, but oh well!!

-x-
Reply 848
maybe she's one of those people who's really really good looking in real life but just bleurgh on screen/in pics? like the black girl from liberty x (i don't know her name, haha how un-pc of me) i always thought she was a bit rank but i saw her one day in london and she is actually stunning, perfect skin, amazing face etc.

i don't know, i'm guessing there must have been something about anchel that made the judges keep her. But i think they're a little crazy sometimes..i mean, hello, didn't they realise that Jade looks like an overgrown underfed frizzy middle-aged chinese man who'd been run over a few times as a baby?! corrr.
Well I still think they should have kept anchal over jaeda-in fact anyone over jaeda. is it me or has Jaeda STILL not taken a better than average photo and yet the judges still keep her? It just baffles me. Shes doesnt even do particularly well in tasks either so I just dont get it!
Not to be harsh or anything, but Jael has the model body, whereas Anchel didn't... Possibly that's why she has managed to say in the competition!

-x-
Reply 851

Anchal actually had a decent career before ANTM, and out of the ANTM girls has been one of the most successful. She has appeared in French Vogue, as photographed by Bruce Weber, had a feature in Zoom magazine, has done runway in Miami Fashion Week 2005 for Efren Jarquin as pictured here - http://funkshion.com/2005/photos/day_2/Efren%20Jarpvin/Image_0133.JPG. Technically her experience actually makes her more successful than every winner of the show so far, French Vogue is really high up (especially since almost all of the past winners aren't actually successful or modelling at the moment). She is currently signed with Star Born talent and is studying nuclear medicine at Miami-Dade College (Florida).

I admire Anchal though, her and other models who already had experience (e.g. AJ) all became indifferent about the show and Anchal actually said after the show that very little of ANTM has anything to do with actual modelling (which is insanely true).
i liked jaeda, i actually thought she had supermodel potential! she was so striking imo. i hated anchal though, all she ever did was complain & tried to pull at everyone's heart strings. & i don't understand why everyone kept going on about how she's so 'beautiful' just as i don't understand how samantha from cycle 8 was described as 'one of the best looking girls here' by nigel.

what does everyone think of jaselene? i think twiggy summed it up well- "if she went into castings without the photographs, i don't think she'd get the job". she looks amazing in the photographs but appears below average on the screen. she looks skinnier than she should be and i don't like her chin!
Reply 853
she looks skinnier than she should be and i don't like her chin!

Fashion industry does like them scarily bony though, so I don't think that would hold her back in most places
Reply 854
if Michelle won the challenge it wasnt v fair that she didnt end up winning the clothes , they might as well have got all the girls to take part in the clthes grabbing task and whoever wins gets to keep them and give michelle a diff prize. i know if i won a challange and didnt get to keep a prize or treat for winning id be a bit peed off , esp if a person who constantly winning tasks gets to keep clothes.

this season im not getting the judges decisions at all , there are some girls who have stayed much longer in comp than i think deserve to,and others who wernt that bad but went before others . ok i know they are the experts and know more about these things but previous seasons iv usually been able to guess who'd be going every week, but this year, ppl like anchal eugena and jaeda i think should have gone before many of those already given the boot.

im also getting a bad feeling that Melrose might win, judges dont seem to be tiring of her at all, or ever have anything negative to say, and i thought Jade was annoying , Melrose winds me up even more
**R**
if Michelle won the challenge it wasnt v fair that she didnt end up winning the clothes

Yeah i thought that was really unfair, what was the point of having one if the actual winner doesn't get a prize?! Even sharing the total amount of clothes would of been nicer!

**R**
and i thought Jade was annoying , Melrose winds me up even more

Just wait until Cycle 8...

-x-
Reply 856
hmmmm ok , i suppose there is always worse to come , hard to imagine but il have to wait to see her
Reply 857
Cycle 8 people - part 2 and 3 of episode 6 are online here - http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=lps1997. Don't know where the other parts are though :frown:
EDIT: It says on that page that youtube rejects them :confused: but there's a link to download on that page too (I'll avoid, but it's there if you want it)
EDIT 2: Actually, if you search for "ANTM cycle 8 episode 6" on youtube you can get part 1 and 2 of the judging so there's not too much you miss out on.
Woop Woop!! Thank you SO much! Got them all loading up now, so we're only missing the first bit? That's alright, usually just some drama then they get told about the first thing they are doing!

Oh and if anyone is wondering, the link given to download off doesn't work!

-x-
Verdict on episode:

Spoiler

-x-

Latest