The Student Room Group

St Georges Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by DarkSunshine
Me tooo -___- ..and I thought 20 minute interviews were long! But I suppose that the sooner we get over it, the better! Plus its the chance to start afresh at every station. How are you preparing?

Probaly browse the website and try and predict possible interview questions, practice as many as possible. Also do a few mock interviews. Learn my personal statement inside out. Pretty much around it, not sure what else I could do :smile:.

Hopefully it goes well for us all. I live quite close so it would be an ideal uni to get into.
Original post by S_Azizi
Probaly browse the website and try and predict possible interview questions, practice as many as possible. Also do a few mock interviews. Learn my personal statement inside out. Pretty much around it, not sure what else I could do :smile:.

Hopefully it goes well for us all. I live quite close so it would be an ideal uni to get into.

I'm pretty sure they don't have your personal statement during the MMI style interviews. You fill in a sheet detailing work experience before the MMI starts and that is only used for one station.
Reply 142
Original post by manupalace
I'm pretty sure they don't have your personal statement during the MMI style interviews. You fill in a sheet detailing work experience before the MMI starts and that is only used for one station.

Oh, okay thanks for that. I wasn't aware of this.
Does anybody know what each station is based on? ie, ethics, role plays etc.
Reply 143
Are the references just for work experience or for all our voluntary work too?
Original post by Muggle#334025
What time are yours, mines at 2pm :smile:

Mines on the 12th too :smile:
Was your interview last year for medicine?

Mine is at 12, I have to be there at 9:20 though
Regarding the work experience evidence... Would a certificate be enough? It has my name and the duties and stuff on it... But im wondering if I still need to get a letter anyways?
Original post by tania<3
Regarding the work experience evidence... Would a certificate be enough? It has my name and the duties and stuff on it... But im wondering if I still need to get a letter anyways?

Its best to ring them and ask. My guess is that they'll ask for a letter anyway.
Its best to ring them and ask. My guess is that they'll ask for a letter anyway.

In that case i will probably just get the letter in case :P
Reply 148
Original post by tania<3

if ive read correctly....you have an interview on the 12th? same here :biggrin:
Original post by praj1
if ive read correctly....you have an interview on the 12th? same here :biggrin:

Yessss I do :smile: what time is yours?
Reply 150
Original post by tania<3
Yessss I do :smile: what time is yours?

3pm....yours?
Original post by praj1
3pm....yours?

12 :O good luck! What prep are you doing? :smile:
Reply 152
Original post by tania<3
12 :O good luck! What prep are you doing? :smile:

urm i had an interview here last year....so im just going through as many questions i can find on the internet....my family think ive gone mad talking to myself...
Reply 153
Original post by praj1
INTERVIEW ON THE 12th of DECEMBER....

ANYONE ELSE???????

:biggrin:

I HAD AN INTERVIEW HERE LAST YEAR >.....QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT ANY ADVICE :biggrin:

Got interview on the 13th, ADVICE PLSSSSS! Will give rep for it. :wink:
Reply 154
I havent gotten an interview date yet but im preparing all my work experience letters and I have 5 so far.
If you had interviews already or yours are pretty soon ..... how many letters do you have?????
Reply 155
Original post by praj1
INTERVIEW ON THE 12th of DECEMBER....

ANYONE ELSE???????

:biggrin:

I HAD AN INTERVIEW HERE LAST YEAR >.....QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT ANY ADVICE :biggrin:

advice please! do they have your personal statement at any of the stations? and how tough are the scenarios?
Original post by Jiggy13
advice please! do they have your personal statement at any of the stations? and how tough are the scenarios?

They don't have your PS at any of the stations, only a record of your work experience (at one station). There are some examples of MMI stations on the SGUL website.
To those with SGUL interviews, did you get the notification from St George's or UCAS track?
Reply 158
Original post by GMZ
Got interview on the 13th, ADVICE PLSSSSS! Will give rep for it. :wink:

Original post by Jiggy13

urm....dont bother with your personal statement...they dont have it at the stations....

make sure you do your research into the uni course and how its taught etc...

im not allowed to tell you the interview questions i had last year but this is what i can tell you (try and pick up the hints ;P)

there are 7 stations....you have to talk for 5 mins in each one!!!.....

they ask you a question and thats all they can ask!!!!!

OH YA

the scenarios themselves arent hard....its just the stress/pressure your under...SO REMAIN CALM!...DONT PANICK....

they almost all the time have an ACTOR scenario....

theres a reason why they make you fill out them work experience forms ....:wink:
Reply 159
To those with SGUL interviews, did you get the notification from St George's or UCAS track?

they email you....

MAKE SURE YOU CHECK YOUR JUNK FOLDER REGULARLY!!!....

last year the email went straight to my junk and i saw it 2 weeks after i had actually recieved it!!!!!!!! :O

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending