The Student Room Group

St Georges Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Interviewwwwwwwwwwwww :dddd
Reply 161
Got an interview on February. :biggrin: Anyone else?
Reply 162
That's awesome guys, well done.

Do you know what the GAMSAT cut-off was? I haven't heard anything yet.
Reply 163
i Hate this waiting, does anyone know any order they give out interviews in ?
Ok I got an email but have no idea how to confirm it. DO I email back? When I click the link I can't find anyway to reply. Help please!
Ignore me. :/ Not a good start...
Original post by deadonarrival
Ok I got an email but have no idea how to confirm it. DO I email back? When I click the link I can't find anyway to reply. Help please!

They send you attachments, download the 4 attachments they send you, there should be one called interview reply slip and you open it , fill it in , and email it back to them as an attachment (:
Reply 167
23rd of february anybody?? :biggrin:
Reply 168
Original post by ourchi
23rd of february anybody?? :biggrin:

congratulations! that quite a bit of practice time as well :smile: do u happen to be an international student?
Original post by JRPC
That's awesome guys, well done.

Do you know what the GAMSAT cut-off was? I haven't heard anything yet.

They sent an email out this morning. Their GAMSAT cut-off score is 61.
Original post by praj1
urm....dont bother with your personal statement...they dont have it at the stations....

make sure you do your research into the uni course and how its taught etc...

im not allowed to tell you the interview questions i had last year but this is what i can tell you (try and pick up the hints ;P)

there are 7 stations....you have to talk for 5 mins in each one!!!.....

they ask you a question and thats all they can ask!!!!!

OH YA

the scenarios themselves arent hard....its just the stress/pressure your under...SO REMAIN CALM!...DONT PANICK....

they almost all the time have an ACTOR scenario....

theres a reason why they make you fill out them work experience forms ....:wink:

......I can't take the winky face, it made my curiosity about the reason behind it double :tongue:
Original post by S_Azizi
Probaly browse the website and try and predict possible interview questions, practice as many as possible. Also do a few mock interviews. Learn my personal statement inside out. Pretty much around it, not sure what else I could do :smile:.

Hopefully it goes well for us all. I live quite close so it would be an ideal uni to get into.

Don't bother learn your PS and try to predict the questions. Things they ask you in the interview are REALLY random! (I remember I got asked to "describe how to tie up shoe laces without using your hands"). DO try to come out a good answer to why you want to study medicine though. (Needless to say:wink:).

Best of luck to everyone! Just remember to be yourself and do not eat muller yogurt before the interview!
Reply 172
how would you answer the following question?

if someone in your PBl learning group wasnt pulling their weight....how would you deal with it?
Reply 173
Original post by Biopolymer
They sent an email out this morning. Their GAMSAT cut-off score is 61.

Many thanks, yeah got the email.

Haven't received my interview date yet. Would really love to get a place here. Love the PBL stuff.

So what's the best way to go about preparing for the MMI? I've seen the few example questions on the uni website but that doesn't provide a great deal.

Looks pretty scary. I think I'd rather a traditional interview. Presumably there's one of those too, right?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by JRPC
Many thanks, yeah got the email.
I think I'd rather a traditional interview. Presumably there's one of those too, right?

Not at St George's. Just the MMI.

Difficult to prepare for, I've got mine in January for MMBS4 and I'm focussing on being ready for questions about my work experience and why I want to study medicine.
Reply 175
Original post by manupalace
Not at St George's. Just the MMI.

Difficult to prepare for, I've got mine in January for MMBS4 and I'm focussing on being ready for questions about my work experience and why I want to study medicine.

Yeah, that's the course I've applied for too. Haven't heard about a date yet though.

Someone above implied the importance of your work experience as well - you provide them with some sort of list by the sounds of it.

Does it come with the interview info?
Reply 176
Original post by JRPC
Yeah, that's the course I've applied for too. Haven't heard about a date yet though.

Someone above implied the importance of your work experience as well - you provide them with some sort of list by the sounds of it.

Does it come with the interview info?

that was me:biggrin:

i had one last year....

yeh the email tells you fill out a form where you gotta briefly outline your work exp...

now think....why would they want you to do that if they collect in your letters anyway?
Reply 177
Original post by praj1
that was me:biggrin:

i had one last year....

yeh the email tells you fill out a form where you gotta briefly outline your work exp...

now think....why would they want you to do that if they collect in your letters anyway?

Hehe. You're a tricksy one.

To be honest I've no idea what you're implying really lol.

Any additional hints would be greatly appreciated, by all I'm sure :wink:

Also - 'letters' as in proof of experience? Crikey - you know that never occurred to me! I'm sure I can get something for most of em - the most recent at least :s-smilie:
Original post by JRPC
Hehe. You're a tricksy one.

To be honest I've no idea what you're implying really lol.

Any additional hints would be greatly appreciated, by all I'm sure :wink:

Also - 'letters' as in proof of experience? Crikey - you know that never occurred to me! I'm sure I can get something for most of em - the most recent at least :s-smilie:

You need them. Any work experience not backed up by a letter won't be considered in your interview.
Reply 179
Original post by manupalace
You need them. Any work experience not backed up by a letter won't be considered in your interview.

Well that's got me a little nervous! For some of my experiences, 'letters of evidence' simply don't apply.

See what I can sort out.

Could someone advise as to the worth of non-healthcare related voluntary experience? For example, I've been quite heavily involved in youth - empowerment projects here and there. Not directly relevant I suppose, but I'd like to think shows certain skills and attitudes that should contribute positively to my application.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest