The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

I would like to start a band - Aberystwyth

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hi

ill be starting my second year, and been playing bass for around a year. mainly play Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Metallica etc. but willing to play pretty much anything. just throwing that out there.

Cheers
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Reply 41
adam05, do you play classic rock stuffs? You know, Pink Floyd, Led Zep, Black Sabbath etc? And how about jazz?
Reply 42
Don't really like pink Floyd. And have never thought of playing any led Zeppelin, might try learn a couple. And Sabbath are good yeah, play some of their stuff. And don't play any jazz on bass, but used to on the piano. Are you more into classic rock then I take it?
Original post by madznan
adam05, do you play classic rock stuffs? You know, Pink Floyd, Led Zep, Black Sabbath etc? And how about jazz?

Hey :smile: if you want to jam some Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin and need a singer then I'd love to partake- that's just the stuff I'm used to singing with my dad and his musician friends! Any other old 70s classic rock/heavy metal material like Rainbow, Scorpions, UFO, Judas Priest etc I'd be up for doing too
Reply 44
adam05, well yeah, Pink Floyd is pretty much a classic rock band and its my fav. But I also listen to and play stuffs like Pearl Jam, AIC, Nirvana and yeah thrash metal as well. Metallica, Megadeth. And hard rock like Scorpions and Guns N Roses. How about if we go jamming first? I used to play lead guitars in previous band btw. And I play the piano quite okay as well.

dethstarrequiem, yeah lets jam sometime! And how about playing guitar? Can you sing and play rhythm guitar at the same time?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by madznan
adam05, well yeah, Pink Floyd is pretty much a classic rock band and its my fav. But I also listen to and play stuffs like Pearl Jam, AIC, Nirvana and yeah thrash metal as well. Metallica, Megadeth. And hard rock like Scorpions and Guns N Roses. How about if we go jamming first? I used to play lead guitars in previous band btw. And I play the piano quite okay as well.

dethstarrequiem, yeah lets jam sometime! And how about playing guitar? Can you sing and play rhythm guitar at the same time?

yeah that'd be fun, it sounds like we like a lot of the same music :smile: as for the guitar- i'm working on it, but i think i've probably got quite a long way to go as yet- i tend to make a lot of mistakes on the guitar already without adding singing into the equation to distract me! Having said that, if it's just simple power chords like in the verse to Mother Mary by UFO i can sing along ok after going over it a few times
Reply 46
Im beggining my second year and have been playing guitar for a couple of years now. I mainly play hard rock like AC/DC, Guns and Roses.. etc although I am pretty open to most styles and am open to more pop rock or metallica styles.

Im looking for someone or a group to Jam with but not necessarily be in a band as I dont know how much I can commit due to my course.

I would consider myself an Ok lead, I can play the solos to Back in Black/ thunderstruck, sweet child of mine.... and can do rythm well if required.

Joe. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest