Omniscience
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hello, I am starting GCSE's from tomorrow and I wish to initiate my studying plan. However, I am in doubt as to how many hours I should invest in my studies after school. I wish to study at a pace that will ensure that I have learnt everything prior to the examinations.

How many hours should I study? At the present moment, I am planning on studying for 2-3 hours per day on weekdays and possibly 5 hours per day in the weekends.
DonBorat
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Omniscience)
Hello, I am starting GCSE's from tomorrow and I wish to initiate my external studying plan. However, I am in doubt as to how many hours I should invest in my studies after school. I wish to study at a pace that will ensure that I have learnt everything prior to the examinations.

How many hours should I study? At the present moment, I am planning on studying for 2-3 hours per day on weekdays and possibly 5 hours per day in the weekends.
hahah you serious thats how much you should do for alevels. 30 minutes aday is too much (unless an essay or something comes up)
German Jaime
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
So you created a thread for THIS

:hahaha: :gunfire:
James10000
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I did about 2 hours a day once there were 21 days left to the exam

and about 1 hour a week before that
ummm
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Just keep up with coursework and homework and revise for modulars a few weeks before them, and exams in the summer of year 11 a few months before them? Like a normal person?
Omniscience
Rep:
?
(Original post by German Jaime)
So you created a thread for THIS

:hahaha: :gunfire:

Is it not a question applicable to GCSE Students? Or is there another section in which I can post this thread?
TheEssence
Badges: 16
Report 8 years ago
work life balance...work life balance
barrister_2000
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Wow that's some serious dedication...fortunately you only really need to revise a few days before an exam for GCSEs :cool:
Locke54
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Sod all aside from when you have various coursework projects. I can't ever remember studying at GCSE level other than exam revision and the odd bit of coursework I had to submit.
pink pineapple
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
it depends on when exams are, I would only recomend studying that much if exams are coming up and you know when they are. If you've just started your gcse's then you won't have too much, just put in the hours for coursework because that takes ages to complete
Perpetuallity
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If you feel the need to, just read over your classwork for 10mins when you get home. No serious work required just yet though. There's only a real need to study fervently ~2 months before your summer finals.
jamdear
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Just do your homework and go to school. That's more than most people do! Come exam time, 2-5 hours revision a day when you're on study leave is enough. Honestly, GCSE's are a doddle if you have good attendance. Props to you though for being enthusiastic!
German Jaime
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Omniscience)
Is it not a question applicable to GCSE Students? Or is there another section in which I can post this thread?
You are right
shezshez
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Well I did none. All year...and came out with all B's...

So you know 5 minutes a day should suffice for 10 A*s...after all GCSE are getting easier.
Omniscience
Rep:
?
Thank you for the responses. I shall commence with my plan. The advice has been useful. Thank you. I will lock this thread now. EDIT: How do I lock it?
JollyGreenAtheist
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You need a mod to lock it, I think.

Yeah, just do your homework and pay attention and you'll do fine. Don't need to revise until a week before exams.
Deziah
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
2 -3 hours a night? I didn't do anything near that and I got all A's in my exams!
The idea is to just stay on top of things and make sure you understand what's being taught in lessons. For example, if you find yourself falling behind with coursework then it's best to take it home and spend a few hours there. Also, if you find yourself struggling with some work then see your teacher in private and I'm sure they'll be more than happy to spend ten minutes going over it. And then a few weeks before exams it's best to look over all the notes you should have taken in class.
Trust me, there isn't enough content in GCSE's to spend 2 -3 hours a night and it's best to enjoy the last few years of school before you go onto do more serious things, like sixth form and college.
I wish you all the luck! :-)
Acerbic
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If you don't stay chilled during at least the first year of GCSEs, you may come to regret it in later years.
Cherryblossompink
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
well everybody is different some will need more hours then others
just make sure your organised
MisanthropicLemon
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I really did very little and still did well, if you start off with too much enthusiasm then you'll lose energy gradually and it could be worse in the long run. Personally, I find the study leave realisation of 'I've done nothing all year' very encouraging. I even did the same thing at AS, as long as you get the essays etc. done then you should be fine. I hope this doesn't corrupt you too much though, do what works for you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.74%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.68%
I don't think they'd understand (52)
15.25%
It might lead to more bullying (131)
38.42%
There's nothing they could do (102)
29.91%

Watched Threads