The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

by tryin to be funny people are being clowns themselves without the extreeme measures of dressing up as a prat, so in some strange perverse way, you yourself are a clown

xxx
Mr White
Okaaay. I've dallied here long enough.

Because you are ashamed by your archaic attitudes towards clowns no doubt.
Reply 22
clowns are funny.
lilmissnaughty
by tryin to be funny people are being clowns themselves without the extreeme measures of dressing up as a prat, so in some strange perverse way, you yourself are a clown

xxx

Well if so many people are clowns by this description, surely they deserve more respect.
Reply 24
Iluvatar
NO, it is NOT. This is a SERIOUS issue.
I am sick of the way clowns are ridiculed by most of the population. I want this discrimintaion to stop.
I would not be sarcastic about an issue as serious as clowns.

Clowns are ridiculed because that's their job... they aren't serious ... they arrived to entertain the kings...
Reply 25
ShOcKzZ
clowns are funny.

They scare me.
Iluvatar
Well if so many people are clowns by this description, surely they deserve more respect.

my point xactly - but in a way mr white is just making fun of himself :confused:

xxx
Eternal Idol
Clowns are ridiculed because that's their job... they aren't serious ... they arrived to entertain the kings...

They are ridiculed by society, and if this sort of attitude was taken to any other group of people there would be outrage.
Reply 28
lilmissnaughty

xxx

How exactly do you define a prat (Mr White, Timmy Mallet) and clowns (Charlie Chalk), but remember that there are evil ones (Stephen Kings IT)
Mr White
They scare me.

So as you fear them, you believe its right to take this sort of attitude towards them?
So it is you with the problem, and not the clowns.
Reply 30
Iluvatar
They are ridiculed by society, and if this sort of attitude was taken to any other group of people there would be outrage.

But his job is to be funny and ridiculous just to entertain that's what they do ... at least that's the way that I understand it.
lilmissnaughty
my point xactly - but in a way mr white is just making fun of himself :confused:

xxx

I know. Its funny how in modern civilisation people can still hold this sort of viewpoint.
bazippit
How exactly do you define a prat (Mr White, Timmy Mallet) and clowns (Charlie Chalk), but remember that there are evil ones (Stephen Kings IT)

in this sense im defining charlie chalk as a clown in traditional prattish outfit
(im not actualli callin mr white a prat, jus seyin how he himself is calown- tryin to be funny and all, so surely is dissing himself in some round about way :rolleyes: :confused: )

xxx
Eternal Idol
But his job is to be funny and ridiculous just to entertain that's what they do ... at least that's the way that I understand it.

A clowns job is to entertain, not to be ridiculed by members of society who think that clowns are just a joke, and therefore they can treat them with such contemptuous attitudes.
Reply 34
Iluvatar
I know. Its funny how in modern civilisation people can still hold this sort of viewpoint.

Don't you find some clowns at least a bit scary!
Reply 35
Iluvatar
So as you fear them, you believe its right to take this sort of attitude towards them?
So it is you with the problem, and not the clowns.

Clowns are just another leech on society. What do they do for its benefit? Annoy children at parties?
bazippit
Don't you find some clowns at least a bit scary!

Why fear your fellow human beings?
Reply 37
Just like lamposts, everybody has one, the one who gives you light and shows you the way when you know of no other.

Everybody has a lampost but lamposts who do lamposts have?

Everybody also has a clown, the one who always cheers them up, makes them laugh, even if you don't realise it someone in your life is your clown. Metaphorically speaking and then of course there are the clowns we immediately recognise as clowns.

Everybody has a clown, but who do clowns have?

Edit: IT may appear to be a clown, but he is not a true clown, think about it.
Reply 38
Mr White
Clowns are just another leech on society. What do they do for its benefit? Annoy children at parties?

And who the hell are you to say that?
What contributed have you done to the society?
Mr White

They are always useful for poking with a stick...

Latest

Trending

Trending