Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    by tryin to be funny people are being clowns themselves without the extreeme measures of dressing up as a prat, so in some strange perverse way, you yourself are a clown

xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    Okaaay. I've dallied here long enough.
    Because you are ashamed by your archaic attitudes towards clowns no doubt.

ReputationRep:
    clowns are funny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilmissnaughty)
    by tryin to be funny people are being clowns themselves without the extreeme measures of dressing up as a prat, so in some strange perverse way, you yourself are a clown

xxx
    Well if so many people are clowns by this description, surely they deserve more respect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    NO, it is NOT. This is a SERIOUS issue.
    I am sick of the way clowns are ridiculed by most of the population. I want this discrimintaion to stop.
    I would not be sarcastic about an issue as serious as clowns.
    Clowns are ridiculed because that's their job... they aren't serious ... they arrived to entertain the kings...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShOcKzZ)
    clowns are funny.
    They scare me.

ReputationRep:
    Well if so many people are clowns by this description, surely they deserve more respect.
    my point xactly - but in a way mr white is just making fun of himself :confused:

xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternal Idol)
    Clowns are ridiculed because that's their job... they aren't serious ... they arrived to entertain the kings...
    They are ridiculed by society, and if this sort of attitude was taken to any other group of people there would be outrage.

ReputationRep:

xxx
    How exactly do you define a prat (Mr White, Timmy Mallet) and clowns (Charlie Chalk), but remember that there are evil ones (Stephen Kings IT)

ReputationRep:
    They scare me.
    So as you fear them, you believe its right to take this sort of attitude towards them?
    So it is you with the problem, and not the clowns.

ReputationRep:
    They are ridiculed by society, and if this sort of attitude was taken to any other group of people there would be outrage.
    But his job is to be funny and ridiculous just to entertain that's what they do ... at least that's the way that I understand it.

ReputationRep:
    my point xactly - but in a way mr white is just making fun of himself :confused:

xxx
    I know. Its funny how in modern civilisation people can still hold this sort of viewpoint.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bazippit)
    How exactly do you define a prat (Mr White, Timmy Mallet) and clowns (Charlie Chalk), but remember that there are evil ones (Stephen Kings IT)
    in this sense im defining charlie chalk as a clown in traditional prattish outfit
    (im not actualli callin mr white a prat, jus seyin how he himself is calown- tryin to be funny and all, so surely is dissing himself in some round about way :rolleyes: :confused: )

xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternal Idol)
    But his job is to be funny and ridiculous just to entertain that's what they do ... at least that's the way that I understand it.
    A clowns job is to entertain, not to be ridiculed by members of society who think that clowns are just a joke, and therefore they can treat them with such contemptuous attitudes.

ReputationRep:
    I know. Its funny how in modern civilisation people can still hold this sort of viewpoint.
    Don't you find some clowns at least a bit scary!

ReputationRep:
    So as you fear them, you believe its right to take this sort of attitude towards them?
    So it is you with the problem, and not the clowns.
    Clowns are just another leech on society. What do they do for its benefit? Annoy children at parties?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bazippit)
    Don't you find some clowns at least a bit scary!
    Why fear your fellow human beings?

ReputationRep:
    Just like lamposts, everybody has one, the one who gives you light and shows you the way when you know of no other.

Everybody has a lampost but lamposts who do lamposts have?

Everybody also has a clown, the one who always cheers them up, makes them laugh, even if you don't realise it someone in your life is your clown. Metaphorically speaking and then of course there are the clowns we immediately recognise as clowns.

Everybody has a clown, but who do clowns have?

Edit: IT may appear to be a clown, but he is not a true clown, think about it.

ReputationRep:
    Clowns are just another leech on society. What do they do for its benefit? Annoy children at parties?
    And who the hell are you to say that?
    What contributed have you done to the society?

ReputationRep:
    They are always useful for poking with a stick...

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.