The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Question and Answer Thread

Scroll to see replies

Argh, I hate you guys. :L I'm not going to Lancaster until next year but I've been following this thread regardless so I could get a head start on anything I'd need :L I'm rather jealous of everyone - still stuck at home ): (and ill, to top things off).

Is the superior standard in County a good choice? I was originally thinking of going for the superior ensuite but I think the savings I'd make over the year by going for standard would be more than worth it. Plus, I'd never have toilet roll in if it as left to me. ):
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Just sorted out my timetable and I have things in a few places I've never been to before.

Whereabouts is the Marcus Meriman lecture theatre? Also Frankland LB1? [I don't know if that is an error and should be LT on the LUVLE thing but it says LB]

Reply 1582
affinity89
Just sorted out my timetable and I have things in a few places I've never been to before.

Whereabouts is the Marcus Meriman lecture theatre? Also Frankland LB1? [I don't know if that is an error and should be LT on the LUVLE thing but it says LB]

You're probably correct about the latter however I have no clue where the Marcus Meriman lecture theatre is. :confused:

Friday night posters unite. :cool:
Reply 1583
affinity89

Marcus Merriman is in Bowland North. Do you know where that is? It's a kind of new building just near County. The Marcus Meriman and Elizabeth Livingstone LTs are both in the same kind of older building in that area. In the middle of the kind of rectangular shape the building makes. Hope that makes sense :s-smilie:

Back to takeaways: Wibbly Wobblys is open til 11. The Indian near County has shut down though.
*banana
Marcus Merriman is in Bowland North. Do you know where that is? It's a kind of new building just near County. The Marcus Meriman and Elizabeth Livingstone LTs are both in the same kind of older building in that area. In the middle of the kind of rectangular shape the building makes. Hope that makes sense :s-smilie:

Back to takeaways: Wibbly Wobblys is open til 11. The Indian near County has shut down though.

Ahh I do indeed. I had quite a lot in Eliz Liv last year. Thank you! :biggrin:

Is Frankland in the Faraday building?
Reply 1585
affinity89
Ahh I do indeed. I had quite a lot in Eliz Liv last year. Thank you! :biggrin:

Is Frankland in the Faraday building?

Yeah - it is i think. But will that be open for next week because it looks like there's a load of building work going on in there:s-smilie:
*banana
Yeah - it is i think. But will that be open for next week because it looks like there's a load of building work going on in there:s-smilie:

My course in there starts after Christmas. :biggrin:

I noticed the work. I wonder what they are doing. Campus always feels like a big building site to be honest lol!
Reply 1587
Anyone go to Sugarhouse tonight? Simba was dropping some boss dubstep, even some relatively unknown stuff like by 16Bit which was cool. Proper got me looking forward to Lancaster Loves '09, nice one!
danzoradpants

Is the superior standard in County a good choice? I was originally thinking of going for the superior ensuite but I think the savings I'd make over the year by going for standard would be more than worth it. Plus, I'd never have toilet roll in if it as left to me. ):

Can't help you too much in terms of Superior Standard, because I'm just in regular old standard :rolleyes: However, I really like my room as it is. I've not had to queue to use the toilet or shower as of yet, and don't think I will have to either. The toilets are kept clean, though because of one of my maulting flatmates there's a few hairs on the floor in the shower room, but you can still put up with those :smile: Overall, I think Standard is a good option!

My friend is in County Superior Ensuite, and though it looks really nice, I think, as does she, that my room is better than hers! Firstly, I can't tell what's actually superior about it - the ensuite room is so tiny! It looks much more modern than mine, as is slightly larger, but then again, I'm not in County so County standard could also look the same! She also has lots of building work going on outside her room, whereas mine seems lovely and quiet :smile:

So yes, I think County Superior Standard would be a good choice :smile: Though Furness Standard is better :p:
Untitled1
I've not had to queue to use the toilet or shower as of yet, and don't think I will have to either. The toilets are kept clean, though because of one of my maulting flatmates there's a few hairs on the floor in the shower room, but you can still put up with those :smile: Overall, I think Standard is a good option!

Haha, that's good to know. I don't like the idea of queuing (then again, it'd kind of be like at home :rolleyes: ). Looks like I'll be going for Standard then.

Untitled1
Firstly, I can't tell what's actually superior about it - the ensuite room is so tiny!

Ah, maybe I was just lucky (or unlucky perhaps) when I went to the open day - I saw a superior ensuite in Fylde which was a great size. :rolleyes: Maybe they'd put in mirrors or something to give an illusion of a bigger size. You never know with these crazy universities...

Untitled1
So yes, I think County Superior Standard would be a good choice :smile: Though Furness Standard is better :p:

Pfft, don't try and convert me to Furness! Then again, I was stuck on Bowland last month, and now I've "decided" on County... maybe I'll change my mind by the time picking actually comes around. :mmm:

Thanks for all the help and info
I presume faraday lecture theatre is in faraday building but how can i access this when theres building being done?
How many seminar rooms do bowland north have? Apparently i'm in room 25?
One last thing... where are seminar rooms in county main?
Thankyou!
Reply 1591
fweefwee
I presume faraday lecture theatre is in faraday building but how can i access this when theres building being done?
Thankyou!

I'm not really sure how you can access Faraday building atm, but I imagine there'll be some signs or something:s-smilie: The Faraday LT is the one that's right in front of you if you use the entrance from the spine with the automatic doors.

Bowland North have lots of seminar rooms. They're all on the ground floor - you'll probably find 25 in the 2nd quad (behind Elizabeth Livingstone LT).

County Main seminar rooms are all on the ground floor. It's also a quad shaped building (grey) - in case you're not sure what you're looking for!
*banana
I'm not really sure how you can access Faraday building atm, but I imagine there'll be some signs or something:s-smilie: The Faraday LT is the one that's right in front of you if you use the entrance from the spine with the automatic doors.

Bowland North have lots of seminar rooms. They're all on the ground floor - you'll probably find 25 in the 2nd quad (behind Elizabeth Livingstone LT).

County Main seminar rooms are all on the ground floor. It's also a quad shaped building (grey) - in case you're not sure what you're looking for!

Thankyou for your help - although i'm a little worried now as to how i'm going to get into Faraday LT - practically all my lectures are in there!
Can I just ask where the 1st and second quad are in terms of bowland north? Is it easy to find?
Also, county main, is that very north of the campus - past bowland?
Thankyou again :smile:
fweefwee
Thankyou for your help - although i'm a little worried now as to how i'm going to get into Faraday LT - practically all my lectures are in there!
Can I just ask where the 1st and second quad are in terms of bowland north? Is it easy to find?

Try to wander down before your lectures in Faraday to see where the entrance is. If they have scheduled lectures in there, logic would suggest there would be a way in. :biggrin:

County Main is the tip of campus yes. You go along the spine, past Bowland, turning right at the Great Hall complex passed the Spicy Hut and then right again at the Round House and there it is. :smile:
affinity89
Try to wander down before your lectures in Faraday to see where the entrance is. If they have scheduled lectures in there, logic would suggest there would be a way in. :biggrin:

County Main is the tip of campus yes. You go along the spine, past Bowland, turning right at the Great Hall complex passed the Spicy Hut and then right again at the Round House and there it is. :smile:

Ok thankyou very much!
Reply 1595
fweefwee

Bowland North is just off the spine - if you go up towards the great hall, it's kind of the last builing on your left. Just before County laundrette on your right. The building is a rectangular shape but it's kind of split into 2 quads. If you just follow the room numbers round, you'll find it :smile:
fweefwee
Thankyou!

Faraday is open now, just use the main doors.
Ive been trying to find some nice walks i can access around campus? Any ideas, and how to get there. I only know the north(bowland) end of campus really.
does anyone know the cheapest way to get from lancaster to manchester? is there a bus that goes there?
areusureaboutthat
does anyone know the cheapest way to get from lancaster to manchester? is there a bus that goes there?

A bus would certainly take a long time I imagine!

Erm...I know the prices if you have a railcard. Usually, it's £9.20 for a day-return, although sometimes if you book ahead of time, it can be cheaper to get 2 singles it seems. The cheapest single I've seen is £3.65 I believe, as well as £4.75 and £5.25. It's worth going on CrossCountyTrains probably, and having a check at the timetable etc. because the price seems to be dependent on the time that you are travelling.

If you don't have a railcard, it's £14 return I believe, and singles are around £6.50 or £7.

I imagine that train would still be the cheaper option than a bus though. It's difficult to find organised buses too I've found!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending