The Student Room Group

Southampton Medical School 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2200
Original post by Blink1632
I'm a grad applicant to BM5. Haven't heard. Read the thread about track updates and checked track but still nothing!

I'm in exactly the same position! So so nervous. Been rejected from Kings and Newcastle and still waiting to hear back from UEA post-interview. Getting really anxious now. I just want to be put out of my misery and concentrate on finishing my degree!
Reply 2201
Tomorrow is most likely the day for offers/rejections. Last friday, a lot of people were contacted.

If not tomorrow, then next possible day is tuesday/wednesday. Hope we hear back soon.
Original post by ljm38
I'm in exactly the same position! So so nervous. Been rejected from Kings and Newcastle and still waiting to hear back from UEA post-interview. Getting really anxious now. I just want to be put out of my misery and concentrate on finishing my degree!

Nice to see someone in the same situation! What degree you doing? I've been rejected from all others now so soton is my only hope. Hopefully we'll get good news tomorrow : ].
I've applied for the BM4 and haven't heard anything yet.

Does anyone know what form the "Offers" take for graduates?

For example, I have a 1st Class in a BSc Hons and I'm doing Biology and Chemistry A Levels at the moment (1 Year Courses).

Soton state on their entry requirements that they don't take A Levels into consideration... so would I be asked for specific grades in the A Levels I'm currently studying?
Original post by dezshearer

For example, I have a 1st Class in a BSc Hons and I'm doing Biology and Chemistry A Levels at the moment (1 Year Courses).

Soton state on their entry requirements that they don't take A Levels into consideration... so would I be asked for specific grades in the A Levels I'm currently studying?

For people with degrees you need passes in science subjects (including chemistry and/or biology). There was someone last week who was made a conditional offer on them achieving 2.1 or above.
Original post by dezshearer

I think it said on the prospectus that you need at least a Grade E (!!) in Chemistry A-Level, so perhaps an offer would be conditional on you getting that?

I think that they don't take it into consideration when comparing applicants, but they do check that you have the required grades.
Thanks for that.

Fingers crossed I guess.
So nervous, tomorrow may be the day for another batch, seen as it was last friday! :s-smilie:
Original post by ljm38

Same situation here, getting increasingly nervous and frustrated, hopefully it will be worth it :smile:
Original post by ChemClues
Same situation here, getting increasingly nervous and frustrated, hopefully it will be worth it :smile:

so you did pharmacy degree first eh? im thinking of doing that? how are you going to finance medicine?? I heard its incredibly expensive to do grad entry and also you graduate untill your 26!!
Reply 2210
Original post by Blink1632
Nice to see someone in the same situation! What degree you doing? I've been rejected from all others now so soton is my only hope. Hopefully we'll get good news tomorrow : ].

Studying BSc Molecular Medicine at Sussex uni at the moment. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for us tomorrow then! Good Luck!
Reply 2211

It's such a long, drawn-out process, it's really not good for anxiety levels. Felt increasingly unable to concentrate on anything else apart from stalking TSR forums and repeatedly checking my inbox. Everytime an email comes up on my phone I crap myself! I guess though, at this point, no news is good news, and whilst it may be tough to feel like we're dangling by a thread, i guess we're lucky we're still dangling. Know quite a few people who have been rejected from all 4 choices already...at least we still have HOPE that tomorrow will be the day somebody gives us the chance of a lifetime hey!?!
Reply 2212
Hoping that BM4 news will be out tomorrow, having had 3 rejections already I just want to know my fate :smile:
Reply 2213
Original post by .eXe
Tomorrow is most likely the day for offers/rejections. Last friday, a lot of people were contacted.

If not tomorrow, then next possible day is tuesday/wednesday. Hope we hear back soon.

why do you say that?

also will there be an offer holders open day after the 5th of march, because if there isn't i can't imagine that they will give out anymore offers.

hopefully there is another open day, and i have read that the replies are given out after the open days so maybe 5th/6th march?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2214
Original post by Shreyank
why do you say that?

also will there be an offer holders open day after the 5th of march, because if there isn't i can't imagine that they will give out anymore offers.

well because last friday they contacted many people, so I am assuming (and hoping) that the trend continues.

There is an offer day for BM4 on Mar 27 I believe. There definitely will be one, I seriously doubt they have already filled their quota already. We just began march and they just finished interviews (to my knowledge atleast) last week.

I doubt they've completed the process this early
Original post by levantine
so you did pharmacy degree first eh? im thinking of doing that? how are you going to finance medicine?? I heard its incredibly expensive to do grad entry and also you graduate untill your 26!!

Thankfully pharmacy pays pretty well so money isn't too much of an issue. I really want to do medicine as well so i'm willing to put in the time. :smile:
Ahh gosh, the suspense is killing me now! :frown: Without an interview under my belt, I feel totally lost in this situation :/ Does anyone know how Soton pick applicants without giving interviews? As much as interviews can be extremely nerve-wrecking, I wouldn't feel this in the dark if I had one.

Oh well, nothing we can do now. Good luck you guys! :smile:
Original post by ljm38
It's such a long, drawn-out process, it's really not good for anxiety levels. Felt increasingly unable to concentrate on anything else apart from stalking TSR forums and repeatedly checking my inbox. Everytime an email comes up on my phone I crap myself! I guess though, at this point, no news is good news, and whilst it may be tough to feel like we're dangling by a thread, i guess we're lucky we're still dangling. Know quite a few people who have been rejected from all 4 choices already...at least we still have HOPE that tomorrow will be the day somebody gives us the chance of a lifetime hey!?!

Fingers crossed we will get offers, it would be nice to meet some people on this thread if we got accepted :smile:
Thankfully pharmacy pays pretty well so money isn't too much of an issue. I really want to do medicine as well so i'm willing to put in the time. :smile:

so no offence bu you must be quite old already?
do people think friday is massive offer/rejection day

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending