The Student Room Group

Southampton Medical School 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2940
I'm a home student still waiting for a BM4 decision! How many people are still waiting?
Im home student still waiting for BM5 :frown:. Only 1 rejection so far, waiting for three Uni's. The wait is so depressing...
Reply 2942
Home - BM5
Reply 2943
Home BM5 Gap Year
home BM5
Reply 2945
home, bm5 gap year :smile:
Original post by ccr24
If you've got the documents just fill them in on our own and send a copy, you won't need to see the GP. You need to have started, if not already, your hep b course before you start which normally takes 6 months to complete. There is an accepted course that takes 2 months but I'm sure it says on the forms not to opt for the accelerated course. What other jabs haven't you had? You don't need blood tests as occupational health will do these at the start of the course. If you have them done at your GP, your serum level could have changed by beginning of the course, and they will re-do them anyway so there is no point (it states that medical students don't no have blood tests as these will be done in OH).

I had my Hep B test when I was an infant, and had a booster shot done around 5 years ago. Would I have to re-do them?
Reply 2947
Original post by doctork2
I had my Hep B test when I was an infant, and had a booster shot done around 5 years ago. Would I have to re-do them?

You won't need to have them done again. However, when you have your hep b blood test, if the titre is <100mIU/ml you may require another booster.

I have needed 2 boosters due to this reason,
Original post by ccr24
You won't need to have them done again. However, when you have your hep b blood test, if the titre is <100mIU/ml you may require another booster.

I have needed 2 boosters due to this reason,

Yes, I believe I had two boosters done as well :smile:

Well, I got most of them completed, going to visit my GP to get my Immunization Record and send it tomorrow!

Any internationals applied for accommodations yet?
Home bm5 gap year: only got Southampton left; otherwise good bye medicine dream :'(
Reply 2950
Lets hear it for the BM5 ers, good luck all of us:smile:
GOT INTO BM5 woooop

Thanks for everyones support!!

RSM
Original post by rockstarmedic
GOT INTO BM5 woooop

RSM

Congrats! :biggrin: Good luck! xx
Reply 2953
Congrats RSM!! Any BM4 guys left?!
Me! Home BM4 student. I don't think there's many of us left.
Original post by rockstarmedic
GOT INTO BM5 woooop

RSM

congratulations!! did you just check track? or get a track email first?
Reply 2956
BM4 rejection :-(
Original post by Obduro
BM4 rejection :-(

:frown: I'm sorry. Have you got any other offers?

Oh and do you mind telling me if you found out by looking at track or did you get an email first?
In fact, nevermind. I just got a BM4 rejection too. :frown:
Reply 2959
BM5 rejection. Intl applicant. Expected, was my worst interview and i didnt like the interviewers. Ah well thats life, good luck to all those in contention!

Now on to waiting..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending