??
Reply 3062
Original post by WedgeDoctor
Lol 5500 applicants for 246 places? What a load of sh** ahaha

1 in 22 chance.

BM4 is 1 in 35.

Such great competition.
Reply 3063
Is there a Facebook group for BM4'ers? I can't find it. If not, I will make one now.
Original post by LexxieK
Is there a Facebook group for BM4'ers? I can't find it. If not, I will make one now.

The group URL I posted was for both BM5 and BM4 :smile:
Reply 3065
Original post by Swind
Do you know which universities are ok with first year undergrads applying, i haven't seen it mentioned on any of their websites, except Nottingham that wont accept it.

Thanks

For that you just have to call the universities up and ask I'm afraid. The unis can tend to change their applicant policies every year so even if some allowed undergrad reapplicants this year, it may not be the same next year. I think Liverpool, Southampton, Peninsula, Imperial, UCL definitely allowed it this year but like I said don't rely on what I've said and ask them personally.
There was a thread here, on TSR, with a list of every medschools in the UK that accepted undergrad reapplicants and ones that didn't. But it's for 2010 and I've forgotten where the link is....if I ever find it, I'll let you know!
Reply 3066
Original post by LexxieK
If it helps I can send you my personal statement so you know what they are looking for? :frown: I am sorry. You must apply again though! Are you local to Southampton?

Hi, Could you please send me your personal statement too as I didn't get in to Southampton but It was my first choice.

Thanks
Original post by sailor27
Hi, Could you please send me your personal statement too as I didn't get in to Southampton but It was my first choice.

Thanks

It is against the forum rules to ask for an applicant's personal statement. There are plenty of examplars in the forum wiki.
Hello fellow soton'ers!

Wondering what everyone's thoughts on accomadation are? I've already applied for mine... Eek!
Reply 3069
Original post by superstar1809
Hello fellow soton'ers!

Wondering what everyone's thoughts on accomadation are? I've already applied for mine... Eek!

Thinking of applying for catered accommodation but Glen Eyre seems to be the place where many medics are heading to :s-smilie: Where have you applied?
Hello fellow soton'ers!

I've applied for Wessex Lane ensuite accommodations... I was looking at the bus route and it was right nearby the bus route that takes you to Southampton General Hospital. Seemed very convenient in terms of commuting.

Where did you apply? :smile:
Iv been in Halls in Soton before ... the best ones are in Glen Eyre - try Selbourne as they all have double beds and are brand new. Lived there before - safe and fun - loved it!
Original post by rockstarmedic
Iv been in Halls in Soton before ... the best ones are in Glen Eyre - try Selbourne as they all have double beds and are brand new. Lived there before - safe and fun - loved it!

I don't suppose you have any photos do you? I've looked on the Southampton website, but they're not very helpful -I'm not entirely sure which building I'm looking at when on that website. I know we can't apply for the specific buildings, just the complex, but It'd be nice to know which I am looking at :rolleyes:

Thanks for info about Glen Eyre! :smile:
Reply 3073
Any idea when we have to pay fees etc?
Reply 3074
Freshers week...most people have to wait to register at the uni before their student loans are released for them to use. Fees are taken three times per year round about the allocation times of the student loan, although there's nothing to stop you paying it all upfront if you want.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3075
Original post by snoz64
Freshers week...most people have to wait to register at the uni before their student loans are released for them to use. Fees are taken three times per year round about the allocation times of the student loan, although there's nothing to stop you paying it all upfront if you want.

Ah little way to go yet then!
Reply 3076
hey i heard there was an official legal form that you can fill out and send to the universities and the unis then have to give you feedback, the link to the form was once posted on a thread but i cant seem to find it anywhere or remember which website it was on!!! can anyone help me out??
Reply 3077
Original post by heeeello
hey...

I believe you're referring to the Freedom of Information Act. This seems like the site/form you need:

http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_the_public/personal_information/how_manage/access_info.aspx
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3078
Hello fellow soton'ers!

Hey, I applied for accomoation too wessex lane and glen eyre ensuite for first 2 choices. Is southampton your first choice then>
Reply 3079
Original post by SirMuffin
Got an offer yesterday evening for BM5... Strange. I'm a gappy with A-levels already but got a conditional offer of 3As. I guess it just means I need to send in a copy of my documents...

Hey I was wondering if your offer has changed to unconditional yet?. If it has how long since you send the certificates did they take to do that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending