Indomie noodles

Watch
najinaji
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Anyone else here tried these lovely cheapo noodles? And can anyone tell me how they became popular in Africa when they're Indonesian...? :confused:
Gratia
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I LOVE THESE!!!!! Who ever invented these, I need to thank.
doubledot
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Indomie noodles are a staple part of the S.E Asian diet. Every kid was brought up on them. I have fellow S.E Asian friends who are going to university here and - no joke - they always come back from holidays at home with huge boxes of these. As in half of their luggage is indomie.

Oh I also discovered there's an online UK store that sells them here and that you can find them in Chinatown here in London. I got five 4-packets for my obsessed sister, who had to go without them for years when she was living in Greece. Funnily enough, I don't mind them either way.
sirenmix
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
indomie with fried eggs! yum
akhtarmaryam
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
In 1986, Indomie instant noodles were first introduced into the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, merging Asia and Saudi Arabia into one world, one of quintessential and absolutely riveting-in-taste noodles. Indomie’s premium wheat noodles are now part of every Saudi home. Indomie’s factory produces up to 2 million packs a day in Jeddah alone, where it opened in 1994. It was then that a Saudi company first shook hands with the world’s largest noodle manufacturer and setup a state-of-the-art plant known as “Pinehill Arabia Food Limited” thus making Saudi Arabia a self-sufficient producer of Indomie instant noodles. It didn’t take long for Saudis to acquire a taste for Indomie’s flavored noodles and PAFL steadily distributed Indomie across the Kingdom, soon thereafter exporting it to all Arabic countries and soon enough on a global scale.

Realizing that noodle making is an art, PAFL constantly strives to discover new flavors and tastes, color coding their Indomie’s packaging to reflect each flavor. Today PAFL is the main and trusted manufacturer of instant noodles in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, in the GCC, in the Levant and in North Africa and the market leader in terms quality, distribution, flavors and variety packs.

This success brought with it the addition of a second and larger plant in Dammam in 2007 where the factory produces up to 4 million packs a day. Dammam’s factory is the key provider of Indomie’s tasty noodles across GCC. To further meet the rising consumer demand, new manufacturing facilities were built in Syria in 2006, in Egypt in 2008, and two new factories in Yemen & Sudan are nearly ready to start their first commercial production. Striving to pursue excellence, we continue to introduce innovative technical developments, increase our product lines, develop our business for future prospects via more factories and are expanding our exports to Central and West Africa, Eastern Europe and South East Asia.
akhtarmaryam
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Read more about Indomie www.indomie.com.sa
childofthesun
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hahaha I thought they were an African thing
MissLalaxx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by childofthesun)
Hahaha I thought they were an African thing
Same
TeeLishuss
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by sirenmix)
indomie with fried eggs! yum
Perfect!

Posted from TSR Mobile
VexedM8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by doubledot)
Indomie noodles are a staple part of the S.E Asian diet. Every kid was brought up on them. I have fellow S.E Asian friends who are going to university here and - no joke - they always come back from holidays at home with huge boxes of these. As in half of their luggage is indomie.

Oh I also discovered there's an online UK store that sells them here and that you can find them in Chinatown here in London. I got five 4-packets for my obsessed sister, who had to go without them for years when she was living in Greece. Funnily enough, I don't mind them either way.
What site do you use? I got mine off Amazon for £14.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (92)
4.97%
Uncertainty around my education (280)
15.14%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (198)
10.7%
Lack of purpose or motivation (260)
14.05%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (82)
4.43%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (107)
5.78%
Loneliness (160)
8.65%
Financial worries (66)
3.57%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (81)
4.38%
Exposure to negative news/social media (88)
4.76%
Lack of real life entertainment (102)
5.51%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (161)
8.7%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (173)
9.35%

Watched Threads