The Student Room Group

Hair regrowth

Anyone know any good hair regrowth products? My hair is kinda going this way but not as bad as that.

No there isn't. It's genetics, sorry. You can get a hair transplant, but it will probably make you look worse.
Reply 2
First go to a dermatologist and see if you have a health problem to find out what the reason is for losing your hair. It can be a bad skin condition of your scalp, it can be caused by lack of minerals or vitamins, it can be caused by a disease.

healthguidance.org is a good online source, where I found few remedies that might work:

DHT Inhibitors, Growth Stimulants, Anti-Androgens, Anti-Inflammat
Reply 3
You'd be best off asking Wayne Rooney than TSR to be honest.
Original post by DotComBoom
You'd be best off asking Wayne Rooney than TSR to be honest.

Or Jamie Foxx

Lol nice one!
Minoxidil will solve the problem for 5-8 years, but loses its effect after that, i started using it 4 months ago, its filled the temples back in wonderfully, i guess all its doing is pushing the problem away while im at uni & i can't afford any of the more expensive treatments, which i probably will in 7 years time when ive long finished uni. Dont bother with regaine, it's an absolute ****ing rip off, go with Kirkland 5% minoxidil or something, works just as well at a fraction of the price. And to those who say there's nothing you can do about balding: don't bother giving advice on things you know nothing about.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by The Racist Dragon
Minoxidil will solve the problem for 5-8 years, but loses its effect after that, i started using it 4 months ago, its filled the temples back in wonderfully, i guess all its doing is pushing the problem away while im at uni & i can't afford any of the more expensive treatments, which i probably will in 7 years time when ive long finished uni. Dont bother with regaine, it's an absolute ****ing rip off, go with Kirkland 5% minoxidil or something, works just as well at a fraction of the price. And to those who say there's nothing you can do about balding: don't bother giving advice on things you know nothing about.

Do you just apply the the minoxidil solution where youre losing your hair? My hair started to recede when i was around 15/16 and now im nearly 18 its getting worse and worse... definitely genetics for me as my dad is basically bald
Reply 7
Original post by The Racist Dragon

Will you say that in 5-8 years?
Anom or delete.

Original post by Anonymous
Anyone know any good hair regrowth products? My hair is kinda going this way but not as bad as that.

I've tried regaine, I have a small receding temples but after 8 months using it. I did notice some regrowth...however, the growth was weak and small. like 1cm regrowth on temples with no scalp.

In other words, it didn't work for me personally so I stopped using it for 2 years. I accepted the fact, constantly worrying about it and pulling my hair back and fourth wasn't helping. Now my hair is still fine, just don't use much hair products or at all. Better cleaning routine and healthy diet regime.

If it's what products that help, I'd say its the food you eat. From experience, everything is a factor. You answer one question, you get another and before you know it, time/age creeps up on you and by then, most men either have or going through or will be going through what you did.

But yeah, I tried Regaine Extra strength but didn't work for me. You can try it as it may work for you but there is a small print in the instruction. Once used on the area, I think you experience excessive hair loss at the start but will eventually grow in time.....

First two weeks, I suffered 20/25 hair falling. It was horrifying. It looked terrible, in the end, gave it 2 months, started to regain some of my normal hair I lost but results are very dull. 8 months, wasn't going no where for me. In the end, I result further receding hairline.

In the end, I shaved it off, I kept saying to myself, I don't suit baldy head. I still don't but end results was good because I wouldn't have met a wonderful girl who loves my baldy head :smile:

If you do more research, there is hair restoration surgery, just make sure you know the pros and cons and risk involved. Also get yourself a good doctor who knows or your scarred. Hair restoration is costly but works very effectively but requires some drugs to maintain and years to heal scars.
Original post by chrislpp
Will you say that in 5-8 years?

there's plenty of other things that work but it costs money, money that i don't have right now, but in 5-8 years i will have a decent degree & hopefully a decent job, so yes i will likely still be saying that in 5-8 years

Do you just apply the the minoxidil solution where youre losing your hair? My hair started to recede when i was around 15/16 and now im nearly 18 its getting worse and worse... definitely genetics for me as my dad is basically bald

yes, its just in areas where there's hair loss, it tells you to use 1ml twice a day, but i use 0.5ml once a day because i'm lazy :tongue: but i still saw improvements after about 1 month, i noticed new hairs growing and existing hairs appear to have thickened in weak areas too
I was facing same kind of problem. I was losing my hair continuously. I can’t explain how much depressed I was. First I try to use wig, it just made me look ridiculous. I was thinking about hair transplant but it has some side effects like swelling, minor discomfort, numbness, itching, and local inflammation. Then one of my friends suggests me to use natural product to regrow hair. Then I start using it. It is very simple, just two tables in a day. I have got my result in two weeks and without any side effect. I am still using it. You may also try this to re-grow your hair.

Yes.

Grape seed extract.
Apple polyphenols.

Silica and MSM. NAC is also good for hair.

Apply topically, Emu oil.

(edited 9 years ago)
Alpecin or castor oil

Quick Reply

Latest