The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

What age is considered too old for clubbing?

I am 22 this year, and whenever I have been out clubbing I notice that the main age group is usually around 17-21. I usually see the odd guy who is obviously late 20s, early 30s and think they look a bit out of place surrounded by students and teenagers, especially when they are wearing allsaints clothes/fitted caps and stuff to try and look younger.
I know people lose interest in clubbing with age, but i'd like to know what age people think it is best to just accept that you are getting older and try other things. Personally I think that I have about 3 or four years left as I think that when your 26 and looking to pull someone then it becomes a bit riduculous when the majority of people are 8 years younger than you.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Reply 2
To be honest, when I finish University and enter into a full time job, I probably wouldn't regularly go clubbing anymore. I certainly couldn't see myself going clubbing in my mid-twenties.

However, I've seen plenty of people who are...let's say of a more mature age...who regularly go clubbing.
Reply 3
Max male age = 80
Max female age = 12 i mean 20
Reply 4
Your can never be old clubbing. Be it, 80, 90 or 120.. years old.

Some Elderly still have the moves, believe it or not. They just don't look the age and have the strength they use to but they love to look back at the good old days when they did.

So yeah... A bouncer can't throw an elderly outside the club because he's too old.
Where I go, you see a lot of people between 18 - 25 and then you will see others who are much older then 25 too. Then you also have the under 18s. I don't know if I really think there is an age where you are too old, to be honest. I think once I finish college and enter the working world I personally won't be going out as much and when I do, I doubt I will go out and drink the way I do nowadays. Probably just out to a bar and have a couple of drinks.
I dunno. I made the mistake of going out on a Saturday night to a none student venue. Pretty sure I was one of the youngest people there by a long shot.
Reply 7
I can't imagine I will be going clubbing frequently by the time I have finished uni. I'll still go for the odd night out but it's a young mans game !
Reply 8
If your rich and good looking the limit is quitr extended.
I doubt I will go very often after I have left uni but I don't think it would be too weird until you're 25/30. If you're 30+ you likely have children and to me that would be too old. Saying that you see quite a few older men (usually pervy or trying to attract WAG wannabes) and sometimes older women (usually a bit rough).
Reply 10
Fred, the ~75 year old breakdancer who went on Britain's Got Talent, goes to every club night at Loughborough Students' Union...
Reply 11
I go clubbing with my friend's mum quite regularly, I think she is mid-late 40s. She brings her boyfriend but we still have fun!
I would say as long as you are with people of your age then it is fine.
Reply 12
there's no age limit. if you're that one older guy or woman that consistently shows up practically every night, you will become legendary to those kids because you will be remembered/talked about for days. creepers gonna creep. or the clubbing in you just dies out as you get older, you'll transition to enjoying pints at the pubs.
Original post by mc1000
Fred, the ~75 year old breakdancer who went on Britain's Got Talent, goes to every club night at Loughborough Students' Union...

is he a student??
and does he chase the girls??
Reply 14
When you are no longer strong enough to lift the club.
Original post by fourdigit
Your can never be old clubbing. Be it, 80, 90 or 120.. years old.

Some Elderly still have the moves, believe it or not. They just don't look the age and have the strength they use to but they love to look back at the good old days when they did.

So yeah... A bouncer can't throw an elderly outside the club because he's too old.

in the words of the old techno song:-

no no, no no no no, no no no no, there's no limit.

till you get lazy and decide on the slippers and news at ten lifestyle: but that way of thinking can afflict people at any age.
Reply 16
Original post by Redreynard
is he a student??

No.

and does he chase the girls??

Probably.
Reply 17
I'm not so sure about it in general, but I figure I'm only going to club regularly from 18-22(i.e. Uni) and then moderately from 22-25/26 (first job)..and then probably just drinks/cocktails/private parties after that. So that's only 7 years left! ):
Reply 18
Original post by CD2112
I am 22 this year, and whenever I have been out clubbing I notice that the main age group is usually around 17-21. I usually see the odd guy who is obviously late 20s, early 30s and think they look a bit out of place surrounded by students and teenagers, especially when they are wearing allsaints clothes/fitted caps and stuff to try and look younger.
I know people lose interest in clubbing with age, but i'd like to know what age people think it is best to just accept that you are getting older and try other things. Personally I think that I have about 3 or four years left as I think that when your 26 and looking to pull someone then it becomes a bit riduculous when the majority of people are 8 years younger than you.

Is this a joke?? Where on earth do you go clubbing?!

I've never in my life heard anybody say that any age below 30 would be considered "too old" for clubbing, this seems crazy to me. I could understand if you were talking about people in their 40's...
Original post by Redreynard
in the words of the old techno song:-

no no, no no no no, no no no no, there's no limit.

till you get lazy and decide on the slippers and news at ten lifestyle: but that way of thinking can afflict people at any age.

I got that routine at 22, how boring am I, LOL. Probably because I've been through a life most 40 year olds go through.

Latest