The Student Room Group

Women of all body shapes are loved. Men of all body shapes are not.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Movember
what about women though? (ones who are about 20 years old or more)

I can't stand the sight of a skinny man it just makes me want to feed them. I am 24yrs female and I do prefer a guy with a little bit of chub to him, I don’t mind moobs and a belly as I get great pleasure from rubbing them down.

However, I do agree that these days’ women do tend to put height above facial features and character. If you’re a Shorty, it’s a hard knock life for you!!!!

:biggrin:
Original post by Bakerzoid
I strongly disagree with what you have said and I in fact have an overwhelming amount of scientific, statistical and anecdotal evidence that indicates the contrary, that women are more shallow and concerned about appearances in potential partners than men are.

Let's get the ball rolling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR3YR1ZTonc&feature=related

A video showing that men who are short have a massive disadvantage in the dating scene.

This is a scientific article showing that male height is incredibly important to young women, but for men, height is almost completely irrelevant.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8085496

"Second, there appears to be no dating consequences for a female in a height-related sense, but taller males do enjoy a noticeable dating advantage"

What I have been saying for almost two years now on this website has actually been fully understood since the 1950's:

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Height...on.-a015622157

I have more, make your move.

I agree with all this.

There's a reason why so many males in the world are worried about their height. They don't just worry for no reason lol.
Reply 22
Original post by saccharin
This is complete rubbish. There is a evidence that women actually have a more varied taste in men than men do in women (if i can be bothered later i'll try and find the sources)

Please do because personally I think your talking a load of ****e.

but, even if we ignore this, as right now i can't prove it. Males prefer women to be shorter than them just as strongly as women prefer men to be taller than them.

I agree.

Men are judged much more on their personality and a range of attributes whereas women have to rely heavily on their looks, so when it comes to body shape women are under much more pressure.

The reason for this is actually quite simple. Women especially a lot of 'modern' women are so driven career wise(as sexist as this probably sounds, it doesn't come natural to women as it does men, this is because women have more responsibilities to think about than men do, I'm talking about the obvious things) we're a little more carefree you could say because we don't have to carry children for 9 months and nurture them for the rest of our lives, however this is the same reason women seem to have some superior sense of 'greater' entitlement because of the role nature gave them, something which you, or I did not dictate, not all women lack personality, just the vast majority that are sucked in by the aforementioned, and unfortunately this will probably only get worse.

I however will en-devour with not giving a flying **** what the majority of women think about my body-shape because if they can't accept me for who I am then sod them, their loss.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
oh well I guess I'm just a moose then. cheers dude.

If you are a young, attractive woman living with an unemployed, morbidly obese man, then you really need reevaluate your life and your priorities.
Original post by ManAbout
If you are a young, attractive woman living with an unemployed, morbidly obese man, then you really need reevaluate your life and your priorities.

I'm 27. Whether that's young or not depends on whether you ask a 4 year old or a 90 year old.
Whether I'm attractive or not is subjective and I couldn't possibly comment on that. You're more than welcome to look at the photos in my profile or look at my youtube channel in my signature to make your own mind up.
My husband is 28 stone. We've been together 10 years. We have three kids together.
Make of that what you will. Honestly you seem quite narrow minded so I don't really care what your opinion is.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
Honestly you seem quite narrow minded so I don't really care what your opinion is.

Amen.

I see you are from Barnsley - when ever I am driving from London to Leeds on the M1, I always feel compelled to say "Barrrrnssleeehhh" (In the requisite accent) as I pass the Barnsley juntion. :smile:

Just thought I'd say...
Original post by InnerTemple
Amen.

I see you are from Barnsley - when ever I am driving from London to Leeds on the M1, I always feel compelled to say "Barrrrnssleeehhh" (In the requisite accent) as I pass the Barnsley juntion. :smile:

Just thought I'd say...

lol fair enough. i've only lived here for 14 months so I don't call it Barnsleh I call it Barnsli :tongue:
Original post by Katiie467
I so disagree!!
Firstly you say women think they are told to be skinny by men. I would say that it that women are told what is assumed to be fat by shops and media, not men. Well not told, but women assume that if you have to wear a size 12 + that you are fat. If you are not a normal shape then you dont fit in. Not that you arent attractive.
Secondly, i hate a man with abs and huge muscles, to be honest i think when a man is bulging with muscle he looks really unattractive. It is very shallow that you say if a woman is with a man who doesnt have a great body then he has lots of money. Not everyone is a gold digger. Some women are attracted to men by their actions, not their shape.
Thirdly, it may be hard for very short men to find women, then it is also very hard for very tall women.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Women do find all sorts of men attractive, just as men find all sorts of women attractive. When you look at all the relationships a person has had, you tend to see that they may be with people that look very very different, but have some part of their personality in common.

Totally agree with you ! You said what I wanted to say but in much better way than I would have :smile:
Amen.

Just thought I'd say...

:lol: I'm from Barns-leh and it seems that nobody can resist putting on the accent and having a go
My life-partner is underweight and has womanly hips. My lover weighs over 20 stone. A guy I am about to start seeing is also obese (although he is healthy). The latter two are not particularly good looking, although my boyfriend is really pretty. My partner is rather short for a man, as is my lover.

Slim men are more my 'type', the larger men are not. I would prefer my men slim and toned, but I am not involved with anyone like that. I am primarily attracted to people by their personalities and the chemistry we have.

If you want to generalise, then both men and women are fussy about looks and claim to be almost exclusively attracted 'stereotypically' good looking people. You cite cases where men find really large women attractive - so called BBWs? Well, there are women who find these kinds of men attractive and there are people who just don't care all that much about looks. These people are harder to find (if we believe stereotypes) but it is highly disingenuous to make references to niche cases on the one side and then claim that similarly niche cases on the other side either don't exist or are too rare to consider.
Original post by CrazyBeautiful
:lol: I'm from Barns-leh and it seems that nobody can resist putting on the accent and having a go

Haha - so it is not only me.

Unfortunately I do not pass through that section of the M1 as often now, but I used to be able to do a pretty good accent.. or so I thought anyway.
much to contrary belief, women of all body shapes are loved by men. that is to say, there will be a number of men out there who will love a woman's body shape, pretty much no matter what it is.

this might come as a shock to you. you might be thinking 'women are told to be skinny. they are told that men hate fat women. the media insults fat women all the time.' but the media works on quite a simple principle: they are there to provide controversial opinions which will sell newspapers, and the more you state these controversial opinions about fat women, the more likely women will believe them. when the actual fact is you are being sucked into media opinions because you are naive.

anyway, the fundamental point i am making is women of all body shapes are loved by men. there are skinny lovers; lots of men love curvy figures; lots of men like big bums and big boobs; lots of men even love pot bellies on women; there are many who are chubby chasers. your body shape will fit in there somewhere and it is guaranteed that there will be many men out there who will love your body shape.

flip the other side of the coin and it's not the same for men. women don't love pot bellies on men. real world women (not tsr girls) are not fans of skinny guys. a lot of women want abs on a guy. women hate moobs. they hate womanly figures on men. basically, guys are under much more pressure for their bodies, but it doesn't appear that way because women are naive and sucked into what the media tells them. if a woman is with a man who doesn't have a great body, chances are he is earning a lot of money so she sees past his body and is with him for what's in his wallet.

with regard to height, there are many men who love women of all heights. if you are a short guy though, you are kind of screwed. height is very important to women (so much so that they put height requirements above facial attractiveness).

sorry for the long post. if you can't be bothered to read, the title gives the main swing of things. what do you people think?:tongue:

What do I think?

I'm wondering why your threads are always full of bull**** generalising statements that are largely aimed towards your own self-pity?
Reply 32
much to contrary belief, women of all body shapes are loved by men. that is to say, there will be a number of men out there who will love a woman's body shape, pretty much no matter what it is.

flip the other side of the coin and it's not the same for men. women don't love pot bellies on men. p

I agree with you to a point.

It is much easier for a fat chick to get laid than it is for a fat guy. No matter how fat the woman, there will be some guy out there who is desperate enough to sleep with her. The same is not true for fat guys. He has something else to compensate for, i.e. a sense of humour, some accomplishment, money, style, power, what ever it is, he has to have SOMETHING else. A fat chick on the other hand, could have nothing going for her, but she will still get laid a lot more than the fat guy, that is just a fact.

So, it's not all dire if you are a fat guy. You can either lose weight or develop a personality that will attract women despite your weight.

this might come as a shock to you. you might be thinking 'women are told to be skinny. they are told that men hate fat women. the media insults fat women all the time.' but the media works on quite a simple principle: they are there to provide controversial opinions which will sell newspapers, and the more you state these controversial opinions about fat women, the more likely women will believe them. when the actual fact is you are being sucked into media opinions because you are naive.

anyway, the fundamental point i am making is women of all body shapes are loved by men. there are skinny lovers; lots of men love curvy figures; lots of men like big bums and big boobs; lots of men even love pot bellies on women; there are many who are chubby chasers. your body shape will fit in there somewhere and it is guaranteed that there will be many men out there who will love your body shape.

flip the other side of the coin and it's not the same for men. women don't love pot bellies on men. real world women (not tsr girls) are not fans of skinny guys. a lot of women want abs on a guy. women hate moobs. they hate womanly figures on men. basically, guys are under much more pressure for their bodies, but it doesn't appear that way because women are naive and sucked into what the media tells them. if a woman is with a man who doesn't have a great body, chances are he is earning a lot of money so she sees past his body and is with him for what's in his wallet.

with regard to height, there are many men who love women of all heights. if you are a short guy though, you are kind of screwed. height is very important to women (so much so that they put height requirements above facial attractiveness).

sorry for the long post. if you can't be bothered to read, the title gives the main swing of things. what do you people think?:tongue:

That you know sweet FA and are talking out of your ass
Haha - so it is not only me.

Unfortunately I do not pass through that section of the M1 as often now, but I used to be able to do a pretty good accent.. or so I thought anyway.

Usually if I tell someone I'm from Barnsley they immediately mimic it. I'm sure you can do the accent very well! :wink:
Reply 35
is this meant to make me feel guilty for my entire genders wrong doings, don't quite know what you want people to reply to this thread is there really anything to discuss?
Original post by Anonymous
My life-partner is underweight and has womanly hips. My lover weighs over 20 stone. A guy I am about to start seeing is also obese (although he is healthy). The latter two are not particularly good looking, although my boyfriend is really pretty. My partner is rather short for a man, as is my lover.

Slim men are more my 'type', the larger men are not. I would prefer my men slim and toned, but I am not involved with anyone like that. I am primarily attracted to people by their personalities and the chemistry we have.

If you want to generalise, then both men and women are fussy about looks and claim to be almost exclusively attracted 'stereotypically' good looking people. You cite cases where men find really large women attractive - so called BBWs? Well, there are women who find these kinds of men attractive and there are people who just don't care all that much about looks. These people are harder to find (if we believe stereotypes) but it is highly disingenuous to make references to niche cases on the one side and then claim that similarly niche cases on the other side either don't exist or are too rare to consider.

:lolwut:
Original post by sarahthegemini
:lolwut:

Problem?

He is overweight and has a BMI that would make him obese. He is also very fit and healthy. These things are not mutually exclusive.

I don't fancy him because of how he looks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending