The Student Room Group

Enrichment ideas, please!

Hey

I'm deputy head girl at my sixth form and we really need some new enrichment activities! We don't have that big of a range of things going on and we really need more fun things for people.

We have:
sixth form magazine/radio (but nobody wants to do them :s-smilie:); book club; film club; philosophy (very kindly ran by one of our teachers & is pretty popular); DofE; Extended Project and Critical thinking classes; debate group; "study buddies"; peer mentoring; prom committee; yearbook group; some sports groups (but last year they failed because the PE teachers wouldn't let us use the equipment and nodody would bring stuff); quizzes (between forms maybe); creative writing club. And that's about it.

Yeah, the main problem is that some people don't like the existing activities so don't do anything for enrichment and we want to change that, because it can be fun :smile: So any ideas you may have will be greatly appreciated :colondollar: Thanks!
Original post by Jennygrace
Hey

I'm deputy head girl at my sixth form and we really need some new enrichment activities! We don't have that big of a range of things going on and we really need more fun things for people.

We have:
sixth form magazine/radio (but nobody wants to do them :s-smilie:); book club; film club; philosophy (very kindly ran by one of our teachers & is pretty popular); DofE; Extended Project and Critical thinking classes; debate group; "study buddies"; peer mentoring; prom committee; yearbook group; some sports groups (but last year they failed because the PE teachers wouldn't let us use the equipment and nodody would bring stuff); quizzes (between forms maybe); creative writing club. And that's about it.

Yeah, the main problem is that some people don't like the existing activities so don't do anything for enrichment and we want to change that, because it can be fun :smile: So any ideas you may have will be greatly appreciated :colondollar: Thanks!

http://www.wqeic.ac.uk/courses/enrichment.asp

Take a look at my college's enrichment page on that website. We have LOADS to choose from :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Insanity514
http://www.wqeic.ac.uk/courses/enrichment.asp

Take a look at my college's enrichment page on that website. We have LOADS to choose from :smile:

Thanks! Got quite a few good ideas :biggrin:
Original post by Jennygrace
Thanks! Got quite a few good ideas :biggrin:

:wink:
Reply 4
You may take a look at my college too. :wink: http://www.s-cheshire.ac.uk/newcamp/14-19/enrich.htm
I enrolled for Astronomy. If you don't have the equipment for it, then just try to learn about the universe and stuff from the internet.

Edit: Uh, sorry, I just noticed this thread is 5 days old.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5
I'm looking to do law at university and just about to begin my a-levels. Does anyone know what I could do for enrichment that would boost my chances getting into law school.
Original post by kater11
I'm looking to do law at university and just about to begin my a-levels. Does anyone know what I could do for enrichment that would boost my chances getting into law school.

Please start a new thread in the Law forum - this one is 7 years old and needs to get closed!

Latest

Trending

Trending