The Student Room Group

University College Falmouth 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by torie3591
I applied for this course also, got my interview letter through yesterday but they scheduled the interview the day before I have another in Cumbria so had to change to 28th! Didn't help that I also live in Sussex! Small world! :biggrin:

have you applied for Wildlife and Media at Cumbria? :smile:
Reply 81
Original post by FluffyLion
Saw this on Mango Tango's Facebook:

Looks like there's no...:cool:

remedie for this.
(edited 12 years ago)
I am planning to attend UCF. I haven't had a chance to visit because I live around 6 hours away, but I will be going down next week for my Interview with them where I will also receive a site tour. Looks great, especially the media suites which I believe will be pivitol to my studies. Plus, situated in a lovely part of England.
What do I wear for my interview...am panicking! :eek:
Original post by pinkfreekyfrog
What do I wear for my interview...am panicking! :eek:

What subject? For any of the performance interviews, it's best to wear reasonably loose clothing. For any of the rest of the Falmouth degrees, I'd recommend wearing what you normally wear: jeans, t-shirts, hoodies. As long as you don't look like a total scruffbag I can't imagine them caring tbh.
What subject? For any of the performance interviews, it's best to wear reasonably loose clothing. For any of the rest of the Falmouth degrees, I'd recommend wearing what you normally wear: jeans, t-shirts, hoodies. As long as you don't look like a total scruffbag I can't imagine them caring tbh.

Applied for Eng Lit and Creative writting, so I will not be dancing around! (I hope) :tongue:
Applied for Eng Lit and Creative writting, so I will not be dancing around! (I hope) :tongue:

Lol. You're probably fine wearing what you'd normally wear around the house or going out. Don't worry about dressing up, it's not worth it. It's about what's in your head and how you can put it on paper that's more important.
Reply 87

Personally for my interview it didn't matter (I went for Journalism). There were people dressed what they felt most comfortable in. Some girls were in just shorts/tights and a top, whilst others full-on dressed up (and kind of looked out of place)
Hope this helps a bit :smile:
Lol. You're probably fine wearing what you'd normally wear around the house or going out. Don't worry about dressing up, it's not worth it. It's about what's in your head and how you can put it on paper that's more important.

Original post by beezabee
Personally for my interview it didn't matter (I went for Journalism). There were people dressed what they felt most comfortable in. Some girls were in just shorts/tights and a top, whilst others full-on dressed up (and kind of looked out of place)
Hope this helps a bit :smile:

Thank you! :smile:
Got my Marine and Natural History Photography interview on tuesday ... quite nervous but in a way i'm not because they must of seen something in the work i sent them to give me an interview.
Reply 90
I got an offer for animation :biggrin:
Uncondtional for Marine and Natural History Photography :smile: sooooo pleased and my interview was only yesterday
Reply 92
Well done everyone on your offers (:
I got an offer for EngLit and Creative writing! :biggrin: It's nice and low, so hopefully I'll be starting in September!
*English (not engLit ^^:wink:
Reply 95

Lol, well I usually tend to look like a scruffbag but I was just figuring on dressing smart casual, I have an interview for creative writing 14th March, the main thing I'm worried about is that I'm not much of a talker and generally quite quiet, so I'm worried that I won't say much and so won't get in :/
Original post by Chazza071
Lol, well I usually tend to look like a scruffbag but I was just figuring on dressing smart casual, I have an interview for creative writing 14th March, the main thing I'm worried about is that I'm not much of a talker and generally quite quiet, so I'm worried that I won't say much and so won't get in :/

The key thing would be (although don't quote me on this, I didn't do a creative writing interview) to engage with what the interviewer is asking you. If you're not much of a talker, you can do it concisely, but you still need to be enough to engage with them.
Original post by OCaptainMyCaptain!
I got an offer for EngLit and Creative writing! :biggrin: It's nice and low, so hopefully I'll be starting in September!

Well done, I got in too, what is your grade offer? :biggrin:
Reply 98
Original post by MarcusHoare1
have you applied for Wildlife and Media at Cumbria? :smile:

I have indeed :smile: Had my interview there on 15th Feb and got a Conditional :smile: I've decided I want to go to Falmouth now though, So i'm gonna do what I can to get in there. My interview for Falmouth is this tuesday! (28th) I know I need to put a lot more into this interview than I did in Cumbria as Falmouth is a tougher Uni to impress :/
Reply 99
Original post by MarcusHoare1
I've got a conditional from Cumbria for Wildlife and Media - that was a very very long trip .... had to fly up there. :smile:

Falmouth looks so much nicer than Worthing :smile:

Marcus

Oh well done :biggrin: We drove up there, 9 hours! I don't think I realised how far away Cumbria really is. You're in Worthing? I'm in Barnham :smile: Haha that's so weird! Yeah Falmouth looks gorgeous, you've applied there too?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending