Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    although being very worthwhile and designed to touch your emotions aren't working as people tend to change channels when they come on. Maybe charity adverts should be more straight to the point.
    I guess as long as they give the money but maybe the charities are wasting their money on advertising?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TELEPATHICTUBBY)
    although being very worthwhile and designed to touch your emotions aren't working as people tend to change channels when they come on. Maybe charity adverts should be more straight to the point.
    I guess as long as they give the money but maybe the charities are wasting their money on advertising?
    I always turn over Beacuse i don't like to watch them, it depresses me, and thats not why i watch tv.

ReputationRep:
    My God, learn how to form a sentence!
    Is this harsh? Seriously though, no-one will ever understand you or listen to you if you can't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hitchhiker_13)
    My God, learn how to form a sentence!
    Is this harsh? Seriously though, no-one will ever understand you or listen to you if you can't.
    oh come on you can't all be that pedantic!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TELEPATHICTUBBY)
    oh come on you can't all be that pedantic!

I wasn't being that pedantic; it's a legitamite point!
    No-one will take you seriously if you can't form your arguments coherently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hitchhiker_13)
    I wasn't being that pedantic; it's a legitamite point!
    No-one will take you seriously if you can't form your arguments coherently.
    well i thought it was coherent enough. Anyways, thank you for the advice, i shall take it on board.

ReputationRep:
    has anyone heard the NCPCC one for radio. It really affected me earlir on and I got goosebumps just listening to it. It basically simulated a girl reading a suicide note and it was jsut eeire. That advert really worked on me but it wasn't one asking for money it was an information one advising young people about talking about tehir problems.

Incidentally does anyway else have militant charity collecters where they are. There are always about 6 on the way to uni and they always pick on the students and they can get really really nasty. One even ran after me telling me not to be such a tight cow.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Charity adverts are a waste of time - the best way to make money if you're a charity is to save some donkeys: http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0...897642,00.html

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.