Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    I'm doing 11, but of course at least 2 of them don't count because according to you they are '*****y' and a doss...
    media studies and sociology?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ]{ingnik)
    people doing five a levels, what are your (predicted) gcse grades please. im probably going to do 4, but 5 would let me expand out of the whole maths/science braket which i really want to do. doing 11 gcses.
    my mocks are my predicted grades; 5As (maths, english double, food, history) and 5A*s (science double, IT, geography, french) - although i already have A* in french

I go to a grammar where they force everyone to do 4 as levels + general studies. Even though I will have covered all the material in a maths as by the end of the year, I still can't do 5 proper as levels. Doing 11 GCSEs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThornsnRoses)
    media studies and sociology?
    yeh of course media studies, and no drama. I still don't think you have a right to say what qualifications that other people are taking are '*****y' it is unfair and offensive. And once again if you think they're a doss why don't you actually experience them first hand and complete all the coursework, then you'd be fully capable of submitting your opinion of them. Until then please decist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    yeh of course media studies, and no drama. I still don't think you have a right to say what qualifications that other people are taking are '*****y' it is unfair and offensive. And once again if you think they're a doss why don't you actually experience them first hand and complete all the coursework, then you'd be fully capable of submitting your opinion of them. Until then please decist.
    Media Studies looks exciting and challenging and if it aids you for your future then why shouldn't you do it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    Where has this notion that you have to experience something to comment on it come from ?

It's quite common on this forum, and needless to say it's ********.

I can quite confidently say that having sex with a goldfish would not be a pleasurable experience without having to actually do so, and equally I can say that Theatre Studies is a doss without actually having studied it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Where has this notion that you have to experience something to comment on it come from ?

I can quite confidently say that having sex with a goldfish would not be a pleasurable experience without having to actually do so, and equally I can say that Theatre Studies is a doss without actually having studied it.
    agreeing!

No one will care what subjects you did for GCSE so you might as well do something you'll enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    i'm doing the same as Harry Potter i think (can't be bothered to check his post again though )

Maths
    F.Maths
    Physics
    Chemistry
    (and general studies but thats not timetabled so it don't really count)

i'm looking for a career in science obviously but looking at the university prospectus' (well York/Bristol/Cambridge's) these will allow me to do the obvious (engineering, biochemistry, physic, geology, etc) as well as most other stuff (politics, law, philosphy, etc)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    I'm going to do those too! I'm doing lang&lit instead of just lit though!
    Cool, are you happy with it?? I am still unsure about whether to do Chemistry or Physics, but after my Parents Meeting I am fairly sure that Chemistry will be the one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blag dahlia112)
    i'm doing the same as Harry Potter i think (can't be bothered to check his post again though )

Maths
    F.Maths
    Physics
    Chemistry
    (and general studies but thats not timetabled so it don't really count)

i'm looking for a career in science obviously but looking at the university prospectus' (well York/Bristol/Cambridge's) these will allow me to do the obvious (engineering, biochemistry, physic, geology, etc) as well as most other stuff (politics, law, philosphy, etc)
    You might be hard pushed to study Politics with those A Levels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)

It's not exactly in the same context is it? Or in your opinion is it? I guess so. I'm fed up of people putting down these two subjects, no one has a right to put down other people and their studies, what they choose is up to them.

You must be have a pretty strange/scary imagination to come up with the example that you did, and in the context that I made this comment it's correct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    You might be hard pushed to study Politics with those A Levels.
    i was looking at a university's prospectus..cant remember which, maybe oxford, but you can actually do Politics with all science alevels...maybe harder but you can do it.

ReputationRep:
    to do politics at most unis its just any "respected" a-levels of their list which will obviously include the sciences and maths but yeah it wouldn't be ideal

ReputationRep:
    Any ideas on what career i can have by being good at ICT and History????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onlylittleme)
    Cool, are you happy with it?? I am still unsure about whether to do Chemistry or Physics, but after my Parents Meeting I am fairly sure that Chemistry will be the one.
    Good choice on going for chemistry! It's much better than physics!

Yeah, I think I'm happy with my choices, but I'm not sure whether I want to do English or psychology. My sister is doing A-level english and a lot of the stuff they do just doesn't look like the kind of thing I'd want to do. They spend ages analysing books like Margaret Atwood books (can't stand her after hearing a radio interview with her :rolleyes: ) and Philip Larkin poems. I don't know about you, but that kind of stuff just doesn't appeal to me and most of the stuff you have to study is really depressing, and that just does not float my boat.
    I really love english though, and am really good at it, but I'm really not sure it I want to waste my time doing A-level english. What do you think?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.