The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

New Alternative Bursary Programme/Scheme at Sheffield - Lloyds Scholars

Any of you starting at Sheffield University this year with a household income under 25k could be eligible for this scheme.

You get paid a bursary by lloyds, get internships and lots of support. The Uni have been advertising it online and I've heard alot about it through Sheffield Volunteering.

http://www.lloyds-scholars.com/

Thought it might be of intrest to some of you guys as Bristol and Sheffield are the only two institutions offering it at the moment! Is anyone thinking of applying?
(edited 12 years ago)
I've applied and I did the maths test, but haven't heard anything back yet ....
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
I'm going to be applying, I got an email from Sheffield saying that as I got a 2:1 for first year then I could apply too. But I'm a bit baffled as to what they want in the personal statement and everything...I'll apply anyway and hope for the best :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by apassingfeeling
I'm going to be applying, I got an email from Sheffield saying that as I got a 2:1 for first year then I could apply too. But I'm a bit baffled as to what they want in the personal statement and everything...I'll apply anyway and hope for the best :biggrin:

Good luck! I was in the group of students they consulted about the volunteering side of it. From what they said it sounds like they want individuals that are very driven, academic and interested in how they can help the wider community. Obviously you have to do a minimum amount of volunteering and things like that so its probably good to address that in your personal statement.
Original post by mollymustard
Good luck! I was in the group of students they consulted about the volunteering side of it. From what they said it sounds like they want individuals that are very driven, academic and interested in how they can help the wider community. Obviously you have to do a minimum amount of volunteering and things like that so its probably good to address that in your personal statement.

Ahh, thank you! :smile: I shall keep these things in mind when I write it tomorrow. It's a brilliant opportunity, anyone who can apply should definitely give it a shot :biggrin:
Reply 5
I applied back at the end of August. I've gone through several stages and will be attending a group/face to face interview next week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending