Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Best Sheffield Freshers Events!?

Hello
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by GurlGamer
So guys what are the ones to avoid and what ones are the best? Is it better to order the tickets before hand off the website or wait till we all get there.... Would they be E Tickets or real ones sent out?

Unless you already know your flatmates, then I'd wait until you get there and then you'll plan stuff with them/flats surrounding them. Majority of people I found hadn't bought any tickets before they arrived. I think if you order them off the website then you have to go and collect them from the ticket office (in the Student Union), may be wrong on that though. There'll no doubt be plenty of people selling tickets to events wondering around Uni campus, so it won't be too difficult to find somebody selling once you get there.

As for what events... well, everybody's different! Personally I think Propaganda (friday nights at the O2) is one of the best events, but that's on every week so you will have plenty of chance to go there. It's a club night where they play a lot of Indie stuff. Corporation on a Wednesday is something you have to experience at some point, but it will be busy as hell on freshers (last year we got there half an hour before it opened and had to wait around 90 minutes). So definitely buy tickets in advance for that if you can!

I can't really remember much of what's on in Freshers week that's a sort of one-off and I have a rather selective taste, so I'll let other people tell you what events are best/worst!
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
I just bought everything.. Well, one thing per night.

I'm in the city accommodation so I just knew I wouldn't bother with any of the community stuff, and just bought tickets to all the events going on in town.

Oh, and imo you should buy a ticket for the freshers mania thing on friday and the freshers ball at the very least, because EVERYONE goes, and they will sell out.
Reply 3
Original post by Explodeation
I just bought everything.. Well, one thing per night.

I'm in the city accommodation so I just knew I wouldn't bother with any of the community stuff, and just bought tickets to all the events going on in town.

Oh, and imo you should buy a ticket for the freshers mania thing on friday and the freshers ball at the very least, because EVERYONE goes, and they will sell out.

Ah yes Freshers Mania was very good.

Freshers ball is such a rip-off though?! I went, around £30 for the ticket... then had to pay another £30 to hire a suit... then had to buy drinks on the night. Don't get me wrong, it was a good night with lots to do, but unless everyone else you know is going... personally I wouldn't bother.

Also, it was only really our flat who went from our block. Maybe we were the odd ones out!
Original post by Craiky1506
Ah yes Freshers Mania was very good.

Freshers ball is such a rip-off though?! I went, around £30 for the ticket... then had to pay another £30 to hire a suit... then had to buy drinks on the night. Don't get me wrong, it was a good night with lots to do, but unless everyone else you know is going... personally I wouldn't bother.

Also, it was only really our flat who went from our block. Maybe we were the odd ones out!

Well, on facebook everyone was saying that it sold out.. So I just got a ticket.. Plus I still have my suit from my y13 ball, which I can't get enough of wearing.. love suits..
Reply 5
Original post by Explodeation
Well, on facebook everyone was saying that it sold out.. So I just got a ticket.. Plus I still have my suit from my y13 ball, which I can't get enough of wearing.. love suits..

Yeh is why our flat got tickets, just because we heard it was selling out really quick. Ahh well that helps I guess! Fair enough.
Reply 6
I wouldn't buy tickets just because people say they are selling out. That's what the promoters want you to think so everyone rushes are buys. Wait until you know what you're flat mates are doing.
Freshers Ball was crap and boring when I went... all of my flatmates said we wished we hadn't bothered.
You are better off leaving it then doing stuff with flat mates and other people in your acom when you get there. It is just a huge money making ploy by the Uni.

You will have just as much fun going down west street and another club than if you went to one of the union nights.

Be prepared to queue a lot whatever you decide to do. So much queuing :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending