Turn on thread page Beta

2 courses watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible to apply for 2 courses at the same university? I couldn't find anything on the UCAS form or its help-file. Give me input!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it is.

ReputationRep:
    Does it give you any disadvantage? I applied for 5 courses and based my statement on those (Math / Physics ). As sixth choice I put Management Science, I just felt like it... I guess it won't hurt!?

ReputationRep:
    no, no problem at all but u must be sure that u'll get offers from at least some of them and that u will be happy in that uni and prefer no other coz it might be putting all the eggs in one basket... but then again all the departments work separately, probably none of the admissions offices of each department even know that u applied to the same uni in all those different courses... the worst part will be choosing which course...

ReputationRep:
    i know it works at imperial but dunno about other unis

ReputationRep:
    I doubt that it will be a disadvantage, because its unlikely the admissions offices will be working together. But even if they did somehow find out you'd applied for different courses at the same university it may be to your advantage as it would show that you are keen to study there.

ReputationRep:
    as long as they are not vastly different courses then you shouldn't ahve a problem. If you apply for really different courses then it looks like you are not committmed to the subject. Orignally i was going to apply for a mix of spanish and law and chemistry and law (God knows why now) but my teachers wouldn't let me and i'm so glad they didn't because i realised it was spanish that i really wanted to do at uni and not law and most definately not chem.

ReputationRep:
    Allright, thats how I understood the policy... thanks a lot for your help !

ReputationRep:
    I applied for two courses at Salford. (Computer Science and Multimedia and Internet Technology). I decided on the MIT course because it was more what I was interested in.

I also applied for two courses at Bolton as one at the Met. I decided if I didn't get into either the Met or Salford I would take a year out and do some more A levels. Going to Bolton would have been pointless.

ReputationRep:
    I applied for two courses at Liverpool - Orthoptics and Zoology with Evolutionary Psychology... kind of on different ends of the science scale, but hopefully my Orthoptics interview will go okay Interesting point there that applying for two courses shows how keen you are - will have to mention that in my interview!

ReputationRep:
    As people said earlier, the only way it can be a disadvantage is that it can make you look like you're indecisive, and perhaps not committed to a particular subject

ReputationRep:
    I'll let you know what happened.

ReputationRep:
    one of my friends applied to 6 different courses at sheffield hallam uni and got in at them all, i know its an ex poly but still it shows it is possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wal)
    Is it possible to apply for 2 courses at the same university? I couldn't find anything on the UCAS form or its help-file. Give me input!
    I have

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.