Doctor Who - Episode 10 - The Girl Who Waited - 10/09/2011 - No future spoilers Watch

Poll: What did you think of the episode?
Excellent (65)
53.72%
Good (35)
28.93%
Poor (13)
10.74%
Awful (8)
6.61%
sleekchic
Badges: 3
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I noticed there was no episode thread so I thought I'd make one.

Don't think there's any point in posting clips and teasers since it airs in 35 minutes.

Poll to come after episode airs.
Kalliope
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm very excited for this ep, looks like it will be a great one. Unfortunately, the neighbours' Last Night of the Proms party means I have to watch it on a small telly rather than a massive one but I'm sure I'll cope!
jojospacemunky
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
hoping the television in the weather doesnt go on the blink or the internet cuts off if i have to watch on catch up :-/
but i suspect tissues are required for this one!
elitepower
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well I have high expectations of this episode. This will be the first Doctor-lite (to an extent) episode since Turn Left, and that was brilliant so I hope this episode carries on the high standard. I also hope this leads Rory to getting a larger role as I love his character development and with this episode featuring less of the Doctor, hopefully Rory will become less of an extra wheel and grow into a powerful force.

Whilst I am not a huge fan of amy but am glad that Tom MacRae is taking a fresh approach to the character and since I really enjoyed his last story, I have high expectations. As the finale is drawing close, I hope they are gearing up with some strong scripts.
spacepirate-James
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Make new friends at Freshers' or watch Doctor who?

:ahee:

Mr.Messy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
already liking it more than Night Terrors.
Karen Gillian particularly :sexface:
Mr.Messy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Rory was never this sore when he waited (and protected) a box for 2000 years?
Pond overreacting.

Edit: I can understand that she doesn't want the last 36 years of her life to be rewritten, but meh.
Groat
Report 7 years ago
First the huge pink scissors, now the huge magnifying glass. I'm liking this trend. :sexface:
Presidential
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
the awkward moment when you meet your two wives lol
Duffking
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Really enjoyed that. Much better than last weeks' rubbish.
Mr.Messy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
that was a great episode.
fwed1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Brilliant!
spacepirate-James
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Fantastically beautiful at some moments. :moon:

EDIT: :teeth: more than anything else, I loved the design/filming of this episode.
Bobifier
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I liked it.

But they didnt' ***** this much when the Doctor rewrote them all last time. That said, I guess he was also rewriting the universe as a whole... But Rory wtill didn't mind about waiting 2000 years!
imperial maniac
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I really hated that episode, far far too wishy washy, the villains were rubbish, Amy was extremely whiny.
Hype en Ecosse
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I cried. :cry2:
sheep_go_baa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Rory waited 2000 years.
Jussayin'
loki276
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Was quite good, although the slow mo fight scene was ****e
sleekchic
Badges: 3
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Poll's up everyone.

(Original post by Mr.Messy)
Rory was never this sore when he waited (and protected) a box for 2000 years?
Pond overreacting.

Edit: I can understand that she doesn't want the last 36 years of her life to be rewritten, but meh.
(Original post by Bobifier)
I liked it.

But they didnt' ***** this much when the Doctor rewrote them all last time. That said, I guess he was also rewriting the universe as a whole... But Rory wtill didn't mind about waiting 2000 years!
(Original post by sheep_go_baa)
Rory waited 2000 years.
Jussayin'
See I knew everyone was going to point that out but they are completely different scenarios. Rory waits 2000 years because he shot Amy and needed/wanted to guard her. He wasn't abandoned, he wasn't forced. He chose to wait. Now compare the Rory that waits for 2000 years with the Rory in The Doctor's Wife who waits for Amy again but this time because he was abandoned by her and this time he is bitter and rightly so. If you're going to compare Amy and Rory's waiting reactions then it's more fair and realistic to compare the Rory in The Doctor's Wife who actually felt bitter towards Amy when she finally turned up after a number of years because he felt abandoned with the Amy in this episode who also feels abandoned and is perfectly entitled to feel bitter towards Rory and the Doctor.

All three are totally and completely different scenarios.
JessicaW
Badges: 1
Report 7 years ago
I really liked it. I imagine some people won't like the 'sentimentality' of it, though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (337)
15.64%
The paper was reasonable (1172)
54.39%
Not feeling great about that exam... (466)
21.62%
It was TERRIBLE (180)
8.35%

Watched Threads