The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
poll added
i love my boxers

keeps the twins snug.
Reply 3
I don't remember it actually happening. One day my Mum just decided that the time had come, so she crept into my room, boxers in hand, and changed them while I was sleeping.

Never looked back :moon:

Spoiler

Reply 4
Original post by goape
You're presuming here that everyone has switched lol....I have some pairs of boxers but prefer briefs.

I'm talking about as a kid. everyone switched to boxers at least for a few years during secondary school
Reply 5
Original post by goape
Well for me the switch was a few months so that's your assumption out the window..

There is always an exception to the rule!
Reply 6
I don't like boxers - they're too loose and I'm always paranoid that everyone can see the outline of my junk down my thigh. I'd prefer to wear briefs as they keep everything organized and tight, however I don't wear them for the simple reason that the material is generally too loose and they have the child/pensioner stigma. I wear compression brief-shorts with elasticated material because they keep everything compact and tidy and are good for contact sports too (for some reason they limit the effect of being accidentally kneed/kicked in the balls).
Reply 7
Original post by Liam_G
I don't remember it actually happening. One day my Mum just decided that the time had come, so she crept into my room, boxers in hand, and changed them while I was sleeping.

Never looked back :moon:

Spoiler

the boxers shorts fairy! You must have been like wtf when you came to get dressed the next day! At least you avoided the awkward conversation mom can I want to start wearing boxers
Reply 8
Original post by Einheri
I don't like boxers - they're too loose and I'm always paranoid that everyone can see the outline of my junk down my thigh. I'd prefer to wear briefs as they keep everything organized and tight, however I don't wear them for the simple reason that the material is generally too loose and they have the child/pensioner stigma. I wear compression brief-shorts with elasticated material because they keep everything compact and tidy and are good for contact sports too (for some reason they limit the effect of being accidentally kneed/kicked in the balls).

Just wear what you want to. If you prefer briefs then wear briefs
Reply 9
first time i recall wearing boxers i was 3, they were Popeye boxer shorts and i loved them, ever since its been boxers.
Reply 10
Original post by cid
first time i recall wearing boxers i was 3, they were Popeye boxer shorts and i loved them, ever since its been boxers.

haha Popeye. You have a good memory!
Reply 11
and what was you reason for switching, peer pressure or maybe just what your mum decided to buy? For me it was when all my mates started wearing boxers and was a gradual change from all briefs to all boxers
Reply 12
Original post by tobie123
and what was you reason for switching, peer pressure or maybe just what your mum decided to buy? For me it was when all my mates started wearing boxers and was a gradual change from all briefs to all boxers

because Popeye is the effin tops.
during secondary school
Maybe secondary school or years 5-6.
Reply 15
Original post by cid
because Popeye is the effin tops.

lol. I remember my first boxers were spiderman but I was only allowed to wear them at weekends as my mum said they weren't suitable for wearing to school and made me wear pants
Pants. :love: :colone:
Reply 17
Original post by I Persia I
Pants. :love: :colone:

??
Reply 18
Original post by tobie123
Just wear what you want to. If you prefer briefs then wear briefs

I'm perfectly content with brief-shorts - they do the exact same thing without looking silly. I personally don't think briefs look silly, but on the extremely rare occasions that I get lucky I wouldn't want her laughing at my underwear.
Reply 19
Original post by Einheri
I'm perfectly content with brief-shorts - they do the exact same thing without looking silly. I personally don't think briefs look silly, but on the extremely rare occasions that I get lucky I wouldn't want her laughing at my underwear.

easy. wear briefs for normal daily wear and boxers when you think you may get lucky!

Latest