The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I seriously don't believe it, Cambridge supposedly interview 90% of applicants and does this mean that I am so bad that I am in the bottom 10%, it's not fair!!!
Original post by jamil78613
I seriously don't believe it, Cambridge supposedly interview 90% of applicants and does this mean that I am so bad that I am in the bottom 10%, it's not fair!!!

I have a bad feeling that Cambridge don't interview 90% of medical applicants...
Reply 102
Original post by Davidragon
4.7, 6.1, 3.5A Emmanuel Applicant

I pray my AS levels count for something :s-smilie:

That's not a bad score, and I think you should be called to interview, but there's no way of knowing since it depends on how this years cohort did.

Good luck to everyone with an interview or who is waiting. And believe me, a rejection is not the end of the world. Cambridge is not the only good medical school :smile:

I have a bad feeling that Cambridge don't interview 90% of medical applicants...

They don't.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 103

Indeed no, that's quite unrealistic and I'm sure certain colleges will go all the way down to 60%
Reply 104
Original post by jokosor
Indeed no, that's quite unrealistic and I'm sure certain colleges will go all the way down to 60%

Statistics are a load of meh.
I can't believe this - I got an interview! -opens a bottle of champagne-
Reply 106
My BMAT scores were pretty good (5.2, 5.8, 5A, but wouldn't have been even BB (based on 2010 figures) and I still got an interview so definitely don't give up hope.

oh i forgot what i wrote in my essay already.. :P
Original post by Rocketeeer
oh i forgot what i wrote in my essay already.. :P

am applying to emma btw
Reply 109
Original post by giraffegiraffe
Just to second this ...... with BMAT scores of < 4.5 in both S1 and S2 I somehow got an interview ..... definitely don't give up hope!

That's quite good, I bet you had excellent UMS? You should put that in the stalking page, it will give people hope I guess.
Original post by jokosor
That's quite good, I bet you had excellent UMS? You should put that in the stalking page, it will give people hope I guess.

My UMS marks weren't as good as a lot of people's on the stalking page either, 92.5% average, but goes to show not to give up hope even with bad BMAT and not so crazy UMS . good idea- will do :smile:
Nice one on your bmat scores btw, sorry to hear about cambridge rejection :frown: did they give feedback?
Good luck to everyone. Time to burn through revision for interviews :redface:
OMG cant believe I got an interview with my BMAT score at St Johns as well!!!
Reply 113
Original post by giraffegiraffe
My UMS marks weren't as good as a lot of people's on the stalking page either, 92.5% average, but goes to show not to give up hope even with bad BMAT and not so crazy UMS . good idea- will do :smile:
Nice one on your bmat scores btw, sorry to hear about Cambridge rejection :frown: did they give feedback?

Yeah, they rejected me over resits. Prior to applying I rang them up because I had A*AABb but the B in chemistry, which they were fine with and they asked me to take Cambridge Pre U and get D2 or D1, in which case my chemistry would have been overlooked. However in the feedback they said that i had far too many resits in chemistry. I resat 3 exams plus 1 practical (still ended up with a B...) and hence they said "It would be unrealistic for us to expect you to achieve D2 in Chemistry", or something along those lines.

I received my rejection before my BMAT was marked (on Monday), I think the letter was delayed or something because it was almost 2 weeks old when it arrived while my UCAS updated the next day. Oxford at least would have waited for my results ...:rolleyes:
What I find funny is that my friend who got DDD or DDE at A2 got invited for an economics interview while my other mate who smashed AS was left in the cold, Cambridge is funny. Good luck with your interview though
Hi

please give me some advices.

My daughter has applied for Mafdalen college for Medicine. english is her 3th language, we move to UK in Sep 2007, and after 1.5 years she had to pass GCSE, she got 6 A*, 3A and 2B. At AS she got 5A with average 85%. A level prediction is A*A*A*A*A. in BMAT she got 6,7,3A.
she has not got interveiw yet.Does she have any chance?
Reply 115
Original post by sjalilzadeh
Hi

please give me some advices.

My daughter has applied for Mafdalen college for Medicine. english is her 3th language, we move to UK in Sep 2007, and after 1.5 years she had to pass GCSE, she got 6 A*, 3A and 2B. At AS she got 5A with average 85%. A level prediction is A*A*A*A*A. in BMAT she got 6,7,3A.
she has not got interveiw yet.Does she have any chance?

I've applied to Magdalene College as well, and I've got no interview. Although her UMS don't meet Magdalene's requirements, her BMAT is better than mine. So the bottom line is we're pretty similar standard, and neither have heard. Take it as a good sign. At this stage perhaps, no news is good news! :smile:
Reply 116
Original post by jokosor

What college for?
Reply 117
Sorry to constantly post, but has anyone from Magdalene heard anything yet?
thanks.

actually her average is 90%. I forgot math scor which was 99%.
Reply 119
Original post by sjalilzadeh
thanks.

actually her average is 90%. I forgot math scor which was 99%.

Academically she looks like a strong candidate to me. I cannot see why she wouldn't be given an interview as she has shown constant perseverance throughout her studies in the UK while English is not her first language. As long as her reference was decent and the personal statement OK, with some luck she will be contacted soon ...obviously I can't be sure as I'm only a student who pretends to understand how the admission tutors' minds work :colone:.

Original post by d3ano
What college for?

I was rejected by Wolfson but I suppose this question was addressed to "giraffegiraffe" right? Well I don't know where he applied. You should ask him

Original post by StrawberryLaces
I'm slightly dubious if the cut-off point is so rigid if it takes them from the 18th Nov to decide - well this is the false hope I tell myself.

Excellent analysis, your hopes came true.
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending