The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Kronic
Yes it is.

'The Truth about drugs in football'.

:colondollar: I checked from 9 onwards, I assumed it would be on after the watershed..

Damn, just realised I have football at 8. Thank God for Sky+!
Reply 61
Original post by Mastermind`

Original post by Mastermind`
Apparently he was sold to another PL club so that narrows it down. :beard: Carroll? Phil Jones? Pienaar? Woodgate? Nasri?

Unlikely Phil Jones, Woodgate was a free transfer, Nasri forced out a move, Carroll has a drinking problem so it could be him, Pienaar is rather quiet though so you never know. I hope it's not meireles though it seems him most likely because the transfer was deadline day so Chelsea would not have time to actually find out about this, unlikely to be downing/young because proceedings took some time so they would find out. Likelyhood someone bought on a deadline day.
Reply 62
Balotelli I reckon. Lots of people saying Carroll/Meireles though.

If a footballer tests positive don't they get an 8 month ban? Could be why Vermaelen is being mentioned. Anyway it's probably some nobody that's had one appearance in the PL ffs.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 63
Bit extreme but about time something was done about it... http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1916087.ece
Original post by Nasri08
Bit extreme but about time something was done about it... http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1916087.ece

That's an old article, but what's been suggested there is pretty rediculous.

And they will be forced to provide details of their whereabouts for one hour of EVERY day, including during end-of-season holidays.

Really?
Reply 65
Original post by tvdx
It's that Romanian guy, Mutu, I just google searched it.

You'll be saying Bosnich next.
Reply 66
It´s clearly Fernando Torres, why do you think he sucks at Chelsea?
Reply 67
For performance enhancing drugs yeah, but why the issue with using illegal drugs like cannabis and cocaine??? Sooo stupid, wouldn't be an issue with alcohol.
Reply 68
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3808119/Top-Premier-footie-ace-is-on-cocaine.html

From the outline it kind of looks like Nani, but then the outline could just be of a random player.

In other news:

http://order-order.com/2011/09/12/osborne-coke-and-hookers-story-breaking-tonight/

Lots of cocaine stories coming out.
Bruce Grobelaar.
Reply 70

It's printed in the rag, can't believe so many people believe it.
Reply 71
CLUE: Apparently they were recently transferred for over 1 million pounds.

That narrows it down slightly... Could be anyone. I'm betting on Gyan or Carroll. It'll probably be someone really uninteresting, though, haha!
Reply 72
Original post by M_E_X

It's printed in the rag, can't believe so many people believe it.

^ This. The Sun stole the story off Channel 4, though. They uncovered it through the Dispatchers program.
Reply 73
Original post by jinx!
^ This. The Sun stole the story off Channel 4, though. They uncovered it through the Dispatchers program.

It's not like C4 will ever announce/name the guy though, it's like the Giggs affair (although this is much more serious)...just a ploy to get people watching their show/buying their paper.

This sort of bs is usually only done during the summer to fill the sports pages, now we should just be focussing on the actual footy to to be honest.
Reply 74
And why the hell not? Cocaine is fun.

P.S. John Terry.... Gets it free off his Dad.
Reply 75
Original post by M_E_X
It's not like C4 will ever announce/name the guy though, it's like the Giggs affair (although this is much more serious)...just a ploy to get people watching their show/buying their paper.

This sort of bs is usually only done during the summer to fill the sports pages, now we should just be focussing on the actual footy to to be honest.

Yeah, you're right :smile: It's probably someone really uninteresting or they'll just hint at whoever it was without confirming. If it was the S*n, they'd blast it all over their back back pages. We definitely should be discussing football rather than player scandals.
Reply 76
Yeh, worringly Carroll seems a pretty good shout, we know he's had a bit of trouble in the past. It can't be that uncommon though, I imagine quite a few of the youngers lads in the Prem have their head turned by drugs (and indeed drink), and at the very least give it a go.
Reply 77
So much naivety, they're all taking cocaine, [probably all "on" alcohol as well, because if you take something occasionally you are "on" it perpetually] and that's always been the case.
Reply 78
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/dispatches/articles/the-truth-about-drugs-in-football-video

Says that they're going to "revel the names of players who have served drug bans without fans ever knowing"

Could be interesting
I don't see why everyone cares so much, to be honest.

What people do in their own time and what they do in their professional life should be kept completely separate, as far as I'm concerned.

I don't see why the club whoever it is plays for doesn't just dock his pay and put him on the bench for part of the season.
He's not going to want to have his name splashed across all the papers, so I'd imagine that he would thank his lucky stars that that has been the decision as opposed to being labelled another Gazza.

Latest