The Student Room Group

I have no friends and no energy

I've always been quiet in school ever since I started. Every parents evening I would hear the teacher go "he's very quiet, he should put his hand up more". I've never really had a best friend, just normal friends. Through secondary school I sticky to a tight group of people, but we only remained friends, I wouldn't consider them best friends. I left that with around 12 A* to C, I laughed inside at the chavs in my year who got worse than me. 5 years of being made fun of because I wore my uniform properly, never missed a day or got detention, all forgotten once the results were out.

I then went to college and chose A levels that I thought would be good for me to learn, and later found out I never enjoyed them. I had a close group of friends again ( my secondary school ones stayed at 6th form) who went to the same school as me, but yet somehow nothing changed, I always felt like I was some sort of the cancer of the group. I left half way through my 2nd year, I was sick of it. No one spoke to me, I was doing crap in my lessons and so I had enough.

Since then I've done nothing for 5 months. Ive never had a job, I dont have a car but most of all I have no friends. Everyone my age in my town is going to uni. I've rarely been out the house. I basically live on the Internet, talking to a few people who I've never met. I would consider them friends, but I have no real life friends anymore.

I dont know of it's my appearance, if I have a bad vibe etc. One thing is that I daydream alot. I watch movies all the time and read a few books. I'm always quiet around other people. I though I might have autism or something, but obviously I don't. Ive always felt different.
dont worry there is nothing wrong with you first of all, second piece of advice is you ever tried getting involved in some sports or hobby activities, like clubs or societies ??
and if you do go uni, you'll defo meet some people who will most likely go on to become your best mates, but it does also require you to make a bit of an effort such as getting to know people you encounter a bit more, every one is capable of making friends and best friends you just have to have that drive to put yourself out there.
Its obviously your an intellectual individual, just because you havent met anyone you consider a best mate doesn't mean you wont.
if your so quiet and dont offer a personality or bring much asset to people you associte with, things are never going to change. People probably see you as bland and dull...You probably think that going to uni offers a fresh start etc but if your going to stay the same, nothing will change. Who wants to have a mate whos as dull as a corn flake. Manybe you didnt make much of an effort with these people also.
Your confidence is the issue, laking self worth and motivation is why ou quit studies, lacking confidece and motivation to really get in there and be a peson that people want to be with. I suggest drama? something where your only choice is to throw you sekf into the limelight therefore your confidence will grow. You did good at gcse so start sixth form again. We only have one life and its short so life it to the full, dont sit in all day on virtual things. Even if you dont have anyone to go to, take a trip to the mall, join sports clubs e.g. roeing etc. good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending