The Student Room Group

Essex girl goes to Wolverhampton

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jendra9311
Friday
Day Six
Yesterday, before that body sculpture class, a guy had come up to me and randomly asked for my number. He seemed alright. We were going to go out this night, but as I said money was short and it was raining anyway, so we rescheduled for Saturday Lunchtime at Nando's.
Gotta love Nando's.

you might finally get laid. i have been reading your posts anxiously.
Reply 21
Original post by Chinese_Toilet
you might finally get laid. i have been reading your posts anxiously.

no i didnt, he turned out to be a little old for my tastes. not very much older than me (or i wouldnt have accepted) but, for my tastes, too old.
Good blog so far! subscribed!
The thread title sounds like the beginning of a joke...
Reply 24
life is good so far a uni... sort of uneventful and eventful at the same time. im going to have to ditch my old format as i update here less often i'm afraid.

i dont think i explained about the date on saturday - it was just a lunch at nando's. like i said, nothing happened but he was nice enough.

on sunday of fresher's week we decided to go to a gay bar. i cant really explain why since (to my knowledge) none of my flatmates are gay. cheap drinks and free entry for students, i think, was the main motivation. the others found the acts funny. i thought some of them were ok - maybe i wasnt drunk enough to fully appreciate them.

halfway through my first real week of university i came down with a big dose of fresher's flu during which i had some wierd dreams (when i tried to describe them to my parents they asked me if i had taken drugs. not exactly a vote of confidence...) but what really annoyed me is that, the first night i had this cold one of my flatmates kept me up to 2am with music and generally loud chatter, and then there was a 5am fire alarm because someone burned some chicken so we all had to get up and go stand outside in our pj's and dressing gowns. as if i didnt feel bad enough already.

another night i tried my first drinking games. we started off with "i have never" or "never have i ever" or whatever your local version is called. i didnt really have anything to reveal, although we found out a lot about 2 flatmates in particular... we moved on to ring of fire. luckily for me (a novice drinker) some of our flatmates werent really feeling it so i didnt get too badly off.

otherwise my uni course has started properly now i cant seem to get into the party mood on school nights - or uni nights, i suppose they are now - and last weekend i was still recovering from a cold. im in the second week of my course, but hopefully this weekend i can go out properly.

im looking for a job. no luck so far, but my student finance and finally partly come through. i got my grant but my loan will be a week or so (it better arrive soon or i cant pay for accomadation). i feel temporarily rich, but im not really. after living off £3 a day since the start of term it does feel a bit wierd to go out and spend £20-£30 in one afternoon.
Reply 25
a really good read keep it up
Reply 26
Original post by DJTom
a really good read keep it up

thank you. i was only going to do it for fresher's week, but what the hey, the next few months are an important part of the student experiance as well.

ive discovered that, as long as i get to sleep before the noise starts, i can sleep through most late night drama. fire alarm excepted, luckily, cuz one day it might be real.

ive also realised that i need to stay away from primark. there wasnt one where we lived before and i cant get over how its all charity shop prices, but for new stuff. i picked up a cute little white skirt for £1. most charity shops would cost more than £1!! im gonna blow all my loan in there, i think. must stay away.
Reply 27
thank you. i was only going to do it for fresher's week, but what the hey, the next few months are an important part of the student experiance as well.

ive discovered that, as long as i get to sleep before the noise starts, i can sleep through most late night drama. fire alarm excepted, luckily, cuz one day it might be real.

ive also realised that i need to stay away from primark. there wasnt one where we lived before and i cant get over how its all charity shop prices, but for new stuff. i picked up a cute little white skirt for £1. most charity shops would cost more than £1!! im gonna blow all my loan in there, i think. must stay away.

ok im looking forward to hearing all about it. i can never sleep so i think i would have a proberm.
Reply 28
I think our floor is quite unusual in the amount we cook actual meals... That £1.50 didnt really kick off (wasnt sure it would tbh) but quite a few of us cook proper meals. curries (homemade), casserole, jacket potatoes, egg fried rice, pasta (a LOT of pasta), even roast turkey leg with chips. every seems to be served with garlic bread though. its cuz it cost 37p

i actually like to cook, so i do try cook a bit, especially now my loan has started to come in, even if its not all here yet. im trying to slow down on buying stuff though or i'll blow it all.

i keep on panicking cuz i think the money has to last the whole year and ive spent a lot out of it already, then i remember it only has to last till january. i havnt actually spent all that much, its just i cant get my head round having about £900 for three months.

im sure ill use it up partying. actually, no, its me we're talking about. im sure ill use it up online shopping.

i wasnt going to go out last night but i did and i wish i hadnt. it wasnt worth it. i had a 11am lecture today but there was this £1 drinks night at a pub that ended at 1.30am so i thought that would be a good time to get back and get some rest before the lecture tomorrow, and several flatmates said they would do the same as they had 9am lectures. so i go out, get money out, spend money i wasnt planning to spend getting in and on drinks, but i was having fun. then the flatmates in question decide to go out to a club after all. there's now only 2 left in the party, me and this girl who wants to go back to her flat there and then (she had a cold, wasnt feeling it, not her fault) and hilst the campus was literally only just round the corner, you know, city centre, dark streets, almost midnight, etc, etc, i end up back at the flat early and dissappointed.

i wanted to go out wednesday (tonight) cuz i literally have nothing thursday/tomorrow but everyone else does and nothings on in town on wednesdays. thursday night might be good, i have nothing until 2pm friday so im ok to go out then. ive been told friday night is compulsory cuz a flatmate has a boyfriend over and he wants to meet everyone. with any luck i'll have something more intresting to tell you, giving hope to students everywhere that even the shyest recluse can become the life and soul of the party at university.

a girl can dream :biggrin:
Reply 29
...and i'll carry on dreaming
(admit it, you saw that one coming, didn't you?)

ive generally been having fun the past few days. well, sunday i was at a bit of a low point, not really sure why, but i figured i'll leave off blogging until that was over. but otherwise been having fun here at uni. not every day is a party, some days other people party i wont (usually cuz of a morning lecture the next day, i seem to be less easy about missing them than one or two of the other people on my floor). some nights people think its funny to run about screaming at quarter to four in the morning. whatever.

there's nothing specific to talk about. oh, i said we were going to go out friday, but we didnt in the end. one guy had a bit of a funny turn on our floor, and paramedics were called, and he was taken to hospital. he was fine, back with us later that night, but it didnt feel right to go out friday. he came with us when we went out saturday.
Reply 30
Hey! I really like reading your blog.

I'm at Wolves Uni too, staying in North Road. :smile:
Reply 31
Randall Lines or Lomas Road?
Reply 32
Neither, the one at the end of North Road, actually called North Road :P I know, kinda confusing.
Reply 33
Oh. Well, I live in Randall Lines. What's your course, I'm doing Biochemistry.
Reply 34
Forensic Science! So pretty similar.

How are you finding the uni?
Reply 35
pretty good so far

bit noisy though, im not used to living in a city
Reply 36
i discovered that, if i need bread, i need to go shopping at 9pm - 10pm

or, on saturdays and sundays, about an hour before it closes (weekdays ASDA is 24hr)

I got 2 loafs of brand bread (hovis, if your intrested) at 10p each and 4 seeded bagels at 75p for all 4
I was 30sec too late to get those french sticks but god knows where I would have stored them

Not such a good time for meat/fruit though
I've spent the past 30ish minutes reading your blog. I really want to go to Wolvo regardless of what i get in my exams, it's really sold it to me and i have an open day on the 26th Nov. Your blog kinda gives me a feel on how life is from a freshers point of view, it's great! (:
Reply 38
Oh. Well, I live in Randall Lines. What's your course, I'm doing Biochemistry.

hate that road always packed with cars
hope u having a good time and settling in alright
and welcome to wolvo
Reply 39
Original post by PureJenius
I've spent the past 30ish minutes reading your blog. I really want to go to Wolvo regardless of what i get in my exams, it's really sold it to me and i have an open day on the 26th Nov. Your blog kinda gives me a feel on how life is from a freshers point of view, it's great! (:

Original post by MR.PINK
hate that road always packed with cars
hope u having a good time and settling in alright
and welcome to wolvo

thanks guys. im not too sure how many are actually reading this anymore now the whole freshers week bit is past, i dont know if there's a way i can track subscriptions to my threads, but its always nice to be complimented. thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending