Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm going with Nemesis at Alton Towers, it's a great ride, it looks so dramatic, senses are heightened by the music they place, it navigates the track very swiftly, appearing to go extremely fast.

http://www.altontowers.com/movies/mo...is,2449K,1098K

ReputationRep:
    Nemesis is the best i've been on, right at the front so you see and feel everything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    I'm going with Nemesis at Alton Towers, it's a great ride, it looks so dramatic, senses are heightened by the music they place, it navigates the track very swiftly, appearing to go extremely fast.

There is one in Holland which was made by the same company which made Nemesis. It is a lot better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absolution)
    Nemesis is the best i've been on, right at the front so you see and feel everything
    The queue for the front seat is so bloody long though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    There is one in Holland which was made by the same company which made Nemesis. It is a lot better.
    Pretty much every single one in the world is built by B&M. I think there probably are better ones in other countries for sheer scale, well there obviously are, but nemesis is so effectively done. The music is sheer brilliance, the lake of blood, the way it's built into the crater, I bet the one in Holland can't match that.

ReputationRep:
    can't remember what it was called but it was at Gardaland in Italy

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much every single one in the world is built by B&M. I think there probably are better ones in other countries for sheer scale, well there obviously are, but nemesis is so effectively done. The music is sheer brilliance, the lake of blood, the way it's built into the crater, I bet the one in Holland can't match that.
    Yes it can, I've been on both. The one in Holland is better.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it can, I've been on both. The one in Holland is better.
    How? :P

ReputationRep:
    How? :P
    It just is and i've been to Alton towers about 8 times (school trips)

ReputationRep:
    It just is and i've been to Alton towers about 8 times (school trips)
    Same here and quite a few in europe, I don't think they compare.

ReputationRep:
    Same here and quite a few in europe, I don't think they compare.
    Then you havent been on the one in Holland. I dont need to explain that its better, it just is. In the same way David Beckham is better than a third division footballer. Its fact, nothing more, nothing less.

ReputationRep:
    Islands of Adventure's "duelling dragons" (Florida, bigger and better than Disney World) is a much better concept and the best I've taken.

ReputationRep:
    My personal favourite roller coasters are:

Nemesis at Alton Towers - Classic ride, very well themed, very intense.

Duelling Dragons: Fire at Islands of Adventure - Incredible ride, great with all the near misses with Ice and has fantastic negative G forces.

Grand National at Blackpool Pleasure Beach - What can I say, this coaster is superb!!

Other coasters that I love and cherish are:

Montu, Gwazi and Kumba at Busch Gardens Tampa.
    Hulk at Islands of Adventure.
    Air and Oblivion at Alton Towers.
    Space Mountain at Disneyland Paris.
    The Big One at Blackpool.
    Nemesis: Inferno and Colossus at Thorpe Park.
    Rock n Roller Coaster at MGM in Florida.

I could go on for days but I won't. I LOVE roller coasters, just take me to a coaster and I will be able to entertain myself for hours on end!

B&M are my gods!

ReputationRep:
    The first rollercoaster I ever went on was Indiana Jones Backwards at Disneyland Paris. I have to admit that I didn't know it was backwards and when it started climbing backwards to the top before it stopped, I was getting suspicious. I thought it just wanted to gain speed as it went forward but instead, 'whoosh!', it dropped back instead and the only thing I wanted to do then was to hold on tight to the safety-thing.

ReputationRep:
    I loved Parc Asterix - it was so much fun with everything being themed. The "tonnerre de Zeus" was the scariest - a rollercoaster made of wood. EEK! Generally, it was one of the most exciting days I've ever had. hehe

ReputationRep:
    My favourite is Air at Alton Towers - really cool, but gentle enough for you to experience the flying without getting a headache.

ReputationRep:

I like that one also

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    Islands of Adventure's "duelling dragons" (Florida, bigger and better than Disney World) is a much better concept and the best I've taken.
    We went on duelling dragons but the ride wasn't working properly so we didn't get the near misses It was still good though. The Hulk is superb, from the same place. Nemesis is truly excellent and there's a coaster in Port Aventura... can't remember its name but we went on it last summer and it was fantastic!

Don't know if I could say one was the best though.

ReputationRep:

yeh, it better make up for the queue

ReputationRep:
    I've been on many a coaster in my time and nemesis is my all time favourite. It has won a place in my heart everything about it is so well done! For example the station which has an old science lab type feel to it. SUPERB!

It pisses me off they didn't make much of a ride to oblivion, it's just the vertical drop and thats pretty much it. Had the potential to be a mega-coaster if they'd added in a few loops etc and made it a much longer track. That said tho i did nearly **** myself the 1st time i was queing up for it.

Ride wise Air is good but lacks the thrill of nemesis. I can't help but feel they made a bit of a half arsed job on it. i.e there isn't really much themeing etc.

The corkscrew is gud for a laugh and a gud warm up coaster. Or gud for an ear bashing...

Anywho enough on Alton Towers - It is my favourite UK theme park!

The log flume at american adventure world is pretty kool for that "ooo **** here comes the drop" moment. Worlds biggest apparently. The height of 4 double decker busses or somthing with no seat belt

Has anyone been on the gladiator ride there? What a heap of ****!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.