The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7600
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];37538121']

It's soooo, pretty, and I felt absolutely amazing in it, but I can't believe I spent that much :unsure:

That dress is lovely!

I feel like I haven't been on here in ages, I've been feeling guilty about spending a lot of time online when I should be revising. So far today I've spent 2.5 hours on my french revision and worked a 4 hour shift, so I don't think I'm doing too badly! I dropped my bf off yesterday evening at the train station (where I also happened to see my best friend who was going on the same train) so that stopped me from crying hysterically until I got out of the station at least. 3 more sleeps until I see him again, and by that time both of my exams will be finished! My first one is in less than 48 hours, I did some more practice papers yesterday but still don't seem to be able to get every question right!

Five good things for today:
1. People were friendly to me today at work.
2. I've revised topics I wasn't confident on and now feel slightly better about them.
3. It's only 8 weeks and 4 days until we get three months together :smile:.
4. I had a lovely birthday weekend.
5. My new edition of Lonely Planet came.

As for the introductions thing:

I'm Leanne. My bf and I have been together for 2yrs and 3 months. Started LD for the second time last October because my anxiety problems meant that I was forced to move back home. Hoping to live together again as of October. He comes back to see me at weekends (late Friday night to Sunday evening usually). Hello :wavey:
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];37536081']There needs to be some rule where exes quietly fade away, rather than popping up to mess things up :hugs:

----

My shoes arrived :biggrin:

527838_10150782822542003_628762002_10014014_1414574781_n.jpg

:love: them. Also, now I can leave the house, I've pretty much run out of food :tongue:

Ooooooh pretty shoessss :biggrin: and yes quite agreed... shes after more money that he doesnt owe her :nothing: like she didnt already get almost everything he owned in that break up even though shes the one who cheated! I've wanted to give her whatfor for over a year now!! The way she treats him is disgusting but the boy wont let me tell her where to shove it!

Original post by miraclemile
So not necessary. Exes can be ridiculous. I'm pretty lucky in that the boys actual exes are all perfectly friendly, but I've had issues with some of his more persistant... admirers shall we say. Luckily not for a while though!

I've actually never been to a festival :colondollar: I'm sure I'm probably missing out on something but the whole camping, mud and drunk people thing just does not appeal.

(And I do like this introducing ourselves thing. I promise to make an effort to remember all your names, but no promises!)

Yehh I'm not sure why some people cant just live and let live! :s-smilie: hahaha i loooove the mud part!! I got physically stuck in it one year and my friend spent 10 mins trying to pull me out :tongue: doesnt feel like a festival without mud :biggrin:

Original post by MysteryPass
Went for a shower and came out and my key fob wouldn't work in my door :/ So embarrassing! Thankfully the guy in the room opposite me went down to reception for me and got a guy to come fix it. My room is currently like a bomb site because everything is pulled out for leaving on Wednesday. Embarrassed is not the word right now :colondollar:

:console: that sounds pretty embarrassing :sad:

Original post by Sephrenia

He said something lovely the other day though: Said "It must be weird for all our friends to see us so settled down...I like it! I like being settled down with you." :love: Moments like that are getting me through - my doctor has refused to let me go back to work full time, or at least at my current place. He's also given me antidepressants to help me cope (hopefully). He has also suggested that I just quit - in his words "You have two choices in my eyes: Jump ship, or go down with it." I just need to research money/benefits etc =/

:hugs: I hope you figure it all out!
And your boy sounds very sweet :smile:

Original post by jeh_jeh

My baby sister was supposed to be sitting her first GCSE exams today but she was sick last night and this morning. :sad: She's got a note from the doctor, so I assume they'll just give her predicted grades, poor girl. Ugh. Boy's last exam is tomorrow (although it's a practical clinical skills thing, so minimal revision) and mine haven't even started yet. Boring revision is boring.

Awwww poor thing! I hope shes ok! I had that during some A levels and they gave me a 0 :sad: wouldnt let me have my predicteds so I ended up having to retake :sad:

[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];37538121']

I just did something really bad....

...I went into town to buy food, and came back witha £70 dress :eek: It's this one from River Island

It's soooo, pretty, and I felt absolutely amazing in it, but I can't believe I spent that much :unsure:

That dress is GORGEOUSS :biggrin: i'm so jealous I wish i could afford something like that!
I feel like you should all just make a little profile each and put them in the OP so you don't have to introduce yourselves every time a new person arrives :p:
Original post by Zoedotdot
I feel like you should all just make a little profile each and put them in the OP so you don't have to introduce yourselves every time a new person arrives :p:

that would actually be a much easier way of doing it :teehee: although not quite so personal :smile:
So I feel like I should join in the introducing XD (Although I'm not gonna put my actual name; people who know me would be able to figure me out pretty quickly, but there are people I don't want to be found by for various reasons!) So I'll just stay as DG :smile:

I met my OH when we started uni (I'm a medic, he does music); he was in the room next door to me in halls. Initially I thought he was a bit odd, and very quiet, but as we got to know each other we clicked as friends. I think I friendzoned him a few times before eventually realising there was something more here... XD He asked me out on my birthday and we've been going strong ever since! (18 months in a few weeks :smile: !) He also got me involved in all the music stuff that forms my social life and keeps me sane :rolleyes:

He's currently doing a study abroad program through uni in Australia, he's been there since the beginning of feb, and I'm flying out there to do some travelling with him in 3 WEEKS TODAY!!! AH!!! :biggrin:

We're moving in together in August for 3rd year, but will probably end up doing LD again in my 4th year - he's looking at going somewhere else for masters :frown: Trying really hard to keep my real feelings about this tucked away... I really want him to get a place somewhere awesome, so he'll be happy, but equally, 4th year is my academic finals year, when I'd really like to have the comfort of having him here :frown: Oh well...)

In other news... it's hailing here?! Having got massively sunburnt playing rugby this weekend, I'm now sat in layers of jumpers... And I cannot wait for my exams to be done... too much to learn!!
Reply 7605
Original post by DrGalago

We're moving in together in August for 3rd year, but will probably end up doing LD again in my 4th year - he's looking at going somewhere else for masters :frown: Trying really hard to keep my real feelings about this tucked away... I really want him to get a place somewhere awesome, so he'll be happy, but equally, 4th year is my academic finals year, when I'd really like to have the comfort of having him here :frown: Oh well...)

Really? What happens in fifth year? I'm curious because my boyfriend is a second year (and, incidentally, is currently poking me and checking my blood pressure in preparation for tomorrow's OSCE) medic. We're moving in together next year (well, I'm going to be living with him while I do my Masters) and then hopefully we're gonna get our own place for his fourth year (if I can get a job!).
Original post by jeh_jeh
Really? What happens in fifth year? I'm curious because my boyfriend is a second year (and, incidentally, is currently poking me and checking my blood pressure in preparation for tomorrow's OSCE) medic. We're moving in together next year (well, I'm going to be living with him while I do my Masters) and then hopefully we're gonna get our own place for his fourth year (if I can get a job!).

Our course is a pretty unique one in this I think, we sit our academic finals 4th year, then 5th year you are basically an apprentice junior doctor, with one massive final OSCE at the end of the year. I quite like this - a lot of my friends in 5th year who graduated last month have said it's meant they go into foundation year without so much fear, because they've essentially been doing it for a year anyway. But yeah... not sure I like the sound of the boy being somewhere else in my worst year :frown: We were discussing options for what happens after that the other day, we want to be living together again when I'm doing F1/2, hopefully by then he'll be starting to get established with his composing :smile:

At the moment, I'm just really looking forward to seeing him again really soon (feeling like we've been apart for aaaages now) and the year we've got coming up living together properly :biggrin:
Original post by 22KT22
I'm Katie, bf is always referred to as the boy just in case :p: we met 5 years ago at college, were romantic leads in a play and spent 2 months with me slapping him and kissing! Ended up getting together a week after the play and have been every since. We both took a gap year, I stayed in England and worked and he went to spain and did missionary work for a year, then he came back and we both went off to uni (him Nottingham, me Lancaster) and have been at uni 3 years with another year to go. Now been together 5 years, 3.5 years has been LDR for most of the year. I'm training to be a teacher so tend to post a lot of stuff on here asking for help from other teachers.

Stray: I have the same feeling! Loads of people I know are getting married and having children :eek:

Its always nice to hear people's stories of how they go together :smile:

I love your "getting together" story :biggrin: Not heard it before but that's amazing! Specially the fact you were romantic leads in a play before getting all romantic in real life! :biggrin: :biggrin:
So far I've counted 5 weddings in the last 2 months or so :s-smilie:

Original post by Jellybean91

Ohhhhhh my god will exs just JOG ON this week!!! Now the boys ex is sticking her oar in too!!! woke up to a really horrible and snide comment from her on one of my pictures on facebook! They broke up a year and a half ago and shes still pestering him and trying to make him miserable! Urghhh bitch!! excuse my language :colondollar:

:s-smilie: What did she say? Maybe the weird weather brings out the weird people!
Original post by Stray_talk

:s-smilie: What did she say? Maybe the weird weather brings out the weird people!

Turned around and said 'Awww looks lovely and hot. Does that mean you have the money to pay my parents back then?' He doesn't owe her or them any money!! Yeh I think that must be it! I just want these nutters to leave us aloneeee :sad: like weve not had enough **** to deal with recently!
Someone come make me dinner?
I'm feeling all headachy and blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
Me too, Flo! Although, fortunately, living at my nan's means I do have someone making me dinner. I saw gravy, so I'm thinking roast :love: love the dress too! I'm going to a wedding next week and I was finding it hard to get something suitable, but got this delivered and think I'm sorted now...

http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Grecian-Dress-with-Bubble-Hem/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1852761&SearchQuery=grecian%20dress&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Navy

Excited to go to a wedding with the boy.

Welcome Chiara (I have a girl in my class with that name at the moment!). I'm not currently in an LDR either, but I was a few years ago.

I'm Hannah, 23 and nearly at the end of my teacher training course. Been with the bf since last July. He was a friend of a friend and we were having a big holiday that needed more boys to equal it out and they invited him :smile: got together a few times back in England, but only officially began the relationship on holiday.

Going to New York together next month. CANNOT WAITTTT :woo:

Jelly, feel so sorry for you with the ex's thing. I agree with Stray, just makes it sound like they're still interested otherwise you'd think they'd leave you alone.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7611
I want to buy a house nowww :mad2:
I got two invitations to interviews today :biggrin: Plus I had one this morning and another one tomorrow. Fingers crossed I get one!

:hugs: Aimee, that sucks :frown: PS, what did you do with Loki in the end when you went away? Let me know if you want another girlie night!
Making and eating cookies. Bad day. It is necessary. SO GOOD! :biggrin: xx
Original post by blinkbelle
Making and eating cookies. Bad day. It is necessary. SO GOOD! :biggrin: xx

Yay for cookies, not so yay for a bad day :hugs:

*yawn* Going to head to bed with some ice cream and watch rubbish on my laptop in a bit I think.

Trying to decide whether to spend the day in the library tomorrow. Think I'll leave my alarm off, and decide depending on when I get up - I'm still shattered after the weekend, so I think sleep comes first :tongue:
I see everyone is introducing themselves and thier relationship situation again...

I am another oldie, working in Leeds and my boyfriend works in London but currently commutes from near Reading although hopefully he will move to London soon as I hate the travelling back out again once I've reached London. Been together for over 18 months now but have known him for years as we were housemates during undergrad. I plan to move to London sometime in the near future (hopefully I can stay in my current job but be based in London) but don't have plans to live with him for a few more years yet. Want a couple of years of being in a normal relationship first as at the moment we have hardly any time for each other, not just visiting but no time for phone calls or anything much.

Original post by DrGalago
Our course is a pretty unique one in this I think, we sit our academic finals 4th year, then 5th year you are basically an apprentice junior doctor, with one massive final OSCE at the end of the year. I quite like this - a lot of my friends in 5th year who graduated last month have said it's meant they go into foundation year without so much fear, because they've essentially been doing it for a year anyway. But yeah... not sure I like the sound of the boy being somewhere else in my worst year :frown: We were discussing options for what happens after that the other day, we want to be living together again when I'm doing F1/2, hopefully by then he'll be starting to get established with his composing :smile:

At the moment, I'm just really looking forward to seeing him again really soon (feeling like we've been apart for aaaages now) and the year we've got coming up living together properly :biggrin:

One of my best friends did a medicine course like that where 4th year was the final academic bit so a really horrible year but then 5th year was focused placement which she loved as it meant lots of practical experience, less academic stress and feeling more confident about FY1 when it arrived.
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];37546372']Yay for cookies, not so yay for a bad day :hugs:

*yawn* Going to head to bed with some ice cream and watch rubbish on my laptop in a bit I think.

Trying to decide whether to spend the day in the library tomorrow. Think I'll leave my alarm off, and decide depending on when I get up - I'm still shattered after the weekend, so I think sleep comes first :tongue:

:hugs: thanks! Fallen out with the boy because he's mad at me for telling him to book his holiday with the boys online... they're willing to pay 420 each for a week in Kavos when they could save 100 if they booked online. Sigh.xx
Original post by blinkbelle
:hugs: thanks! Fallen out with the boy because he's mad at me for telling him to book his holiday with the boys online... they're willing to pay 420 each for a week in Kavos when they could save 100 if they booked online. Sigh.xx

:hugs: I've had similar arguments with Andy before and now I take the attitude that it's his mistake to make and he'll learn from it. We drove to Alton Towers last week and he took the 210 mile route instead of the 160 mile route (both ways) despite me saying the 160 mile one would be quicker. If it was our combined money paying for the fuel I would have put my foot down but I left it up to him and then he started whingeing it was too far but he wouldn't let me take over the driving... :rolleyes:
(edited 11 years ago)
Wow! So many stories and so many nice people! Thankyou everyone for taking the time to introduce yourselves :smile: I really appreciate it :biggrin:
Reply 7619
Original post by hbandtr4eva
I got two invitations to interviews today :biggrin: Plus I had one this morning and another one tomorrow. Fingers crossed I get one!

:hugs: Aimee, that sucks :frown: PS, what did you do with Loki in the end when you went away? Let me know if you want another girlie night!

Well done with the interviews!

Sorry I never got back to you properly on that, my phone has a lovely habit of deleting texts before I've read them and then the screen just doesn't work at all :s-smilie: We ended up taking him to my parents (much to their displeasure!), and then they looked after him for a couple of days whilst we went to Tom's. That would be lovely :smile: When are you free?

Latest