catholic and protestant churches during tudors?

Watch
hazal
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
whats the difference between catholic and protestent churches during the tudor period? pleas help i cant find nothing on the internet and i wanna get some sleep! so tired
letsdothetimewarpagain
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The actual churches or the religions?
hazal
Rep:
?
actual churches please!!
username202682
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by hazal)
whats the difference between catholic and protestent churches during the tudor period? pleas help i cant find nothing on the internet and i wanna get some sleep! so tired
Here are a few brief pointers....
The main differences were centred around the following -

Church services and the Bible - Catholics believed that Church Services and the Bible should be in Latin whereas Protestants believed that Church Services and the Bible should be in the language of the people so that everyone could understand them.

The Priests - Tudor Catholics firmly believed that Priests were the link between God and the people and that the Pope was ordained by God. Catholic Priests were viewed as special and expected to devote their lives to God and remain unmarried and wear elaborate robes. Tudor Protestants believed that people could find God without a priest or a Pope and that Ministers were ordinary people who should lead normal lives and wear ordinary clothes.

Sins - Tudor Catholics believed that Priests and the Pope were able to forgive sins - at a price. Gifts, or indulgences, were given to the Catholic church to absolve people of their sins whereas Protestants believed that only God could forgive sins.

The Churches - Catholics believed that Churches should be designed to celebrate God and elaborately decorated and adorned their churches with statues and shrines. Tudor Protestants believed that Churches should be plain allowing the people to concentrate on the sermons.
hazal
Rep:
?
thank youuu!! know anything about the indviduals such as calvin?
Metalironman06
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What About The Differences
Metalironman06
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What About The Differences
Brandon Howarth
Answer this
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Catholics had lavish churches full of gold and art. Protestants had a bare white walled church with few decorations. The priests would wear golden gowns - there is a proper name. But a Protestant priest would wear white. Remember it by modesty. Catholics least then Protestants then Puritans
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (147)
4.89%
Uncertainty around my education (443)
14.73%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (338)
11.24%
Lack of purpose or motivation (419)
13.93%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (140)
4.66%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (181)
6.02%
Loneliness (258)
8.58%
Financial worries (109)
3.62%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (123)
4.09%
Exposure to negative news/social media (136)
4.52%
Lack of real life entertainment (163)
5.42%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (266)
8.85%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (284)
9.44%

Watched Threads