Horrible spider moments in life.

Watch
RainbowDoll
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I see there have been a few threads about spiders and how people are scared of them, so I thought it would be interesting to hear the horrible stories everyone has about spiders.
I'm only scared of certain types of spiders, money spiders or other small ones don't bother me. It's the big ones which are ALL LEGS which I hate. You know the ones with tiny bodies but HUGE legs (I also hate daddy long legs, so must be a legs thing!).
I have 3 horrible spider stories which still make me shiver when I think of them.

The first one happend about 5 years ago. I was in my bedroom when I noticed what I thought was a thread on the floor right next to the skirting board. It was about 4cms long and sort of poking out. I bent down to pick it up and as I touched it the thing pulled back under the skirting board. I stuck a bit of paper under there to see what it was and the BIGGEST spider I have ever seen in my life came out, it was so big it's legs couldn't fit under the skirting board, THAT'S WHAT I HAD TOUCHED! :eek::eek: I had to get my dad to hoover it up I was ill.

Second story happend about 3 years ago, I was just drifiting off to sleep and I opened my eyes a little bit to see a HUGE green spider on my pillow right next to my face! I screamed and fell off the bed, I couldn't sleep because all I could think about was if I hadn't opened my eyes and it went on my mouth or something.

Third was last weekend while I was in the pet store. I was looking at the fish in the tanks and noticed one tank had been removed for cleaning or something. The cobwebs behind where the tank had been were unreal. It must have been like that for 50 years or something, I have never seen such thick cobwebs in my life. And a huge WHITE spider was hanging from them. I've never even seen a white spider before. I had to leave because I was so creeped out.

Yours?
The Dark Lord
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I was tricked into watching the film eight legged freaks with some friends...

Never again.
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
This beast was found a foot away from my bed.

Spoiler:
Show

In Australia :fyi:

penguin-
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
There was a massive spider in the corner of my room, was gonna include a pic but I just googled imaged 'house spiders' and there is no way I could look at a full size image, let alone save that shiz to my computer.
Anyway, had to beg my dad to collect it in a jar for me, I've removed spiders before but this one was fat. And had the longest legs ever.

Anyway, dad gets rid of it, I'm just chilling in my room. He comes in with a jar with the spider in. I'm like 'okay, haha dad now go put it outside'

But no, he decides to open the jar lid and shoves in right up in my face, and tips the jar. The god damn spider then pokes a few legs out and this thing is centimetres from my face, and he kept it there for a good few mnutes. I cried like a flipping toddler.
Never forgiven him, *******.

EDIT: how could I forget!? The effing spider that crawled up the plug hole when I was having a shower. Now I stand at the other end of the bath.
RainbowDoll
Rep:
?
(Original post by penguin-)
There was a massive spider in the corner of my room, was gonna include a pic but I just googled imaged 'house spiders' and there is no way I could look at a full size image, let alone save that shiz to my computer.
Anyway, had to beg my dad to collect it in a jar for me, I've removed spiders before but this one was fat. And had the longest legs ever.

Anyway, dad gets rid of it, I'm just chilling in my room. He comes in with a jar with the spider in. I'm like 'okay, haha dad now go put it outside'

But no, he decides to open the jar lid and shoves in right up in my face, and tips the jar. The god damn spider then pokes a few legs out and this thing is centimetres from my face, and he kept it there for a good few mnutes. I cried like a flipping toddler.
That's torture!
tvdx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Spider crawled out from under my plate at dinner a few nights ago. =o
penguin-
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by RainbowDoll)
That's torture!
For him it was hilariously funny :cry2:
haleem
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
When they come out at 1am dowstairs, when I am by myself and run in my direction... this happens nearly every day during winter

Also, once I was playing Xbox and I felt something on my ear, brushed it away... and a spider fell on my lap... not huge, but... it was chunky... and... a spider.. :emo:
haleem
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by penguin-)

EDIT: how could I forget!? The effing spider that crawled up the plug hole when I was having a shower. Now I stand at the other end of the bath.
Not the big brown fat house spiders :cry2:
djgoebbels
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by mikeyd85)
This beast was found a foot away from my bed.

Spoiler:
Show

In Australia :fyi:

yeah, i won't be getting any sleep tonight..
penguin-
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by haleem)
Not the big brown fat house spiders :cry2:
Yeah, don't google image that. S'not pretty.
RainbowDoll
Rep:
?
I just thought of another one...
My aunt died when I was about 10 and we were sorting out all of her old things (books and stuff). So I was looking through some of her books and opened one which was really old and dusty, a HUGE spider fell out of it and started running all over the room then hid behind the TV.
Stef90
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

Spiders are cute
Hazular
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Whyyyy did I click on this? *sob*

I hate how people always say "oh don't worry, it's more scared of you than you are of it"- OH REALLY? Then why the hell is it running towards me when it can quite clearly see with its many eyes that I am climbing over furniture to get away from it?
Evil incarnate.
emilyroseeee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
This thread is making me feel like there's spiders all over me, I keep getting horrible little itches D:

Once my cat ate quite a big spider and left just one leg which kept twitching for ages. It was horrible, and none of us wanted to touch it to get rid of it.

And another time I got out of the shower and picked up a towel then looked down and there was a massive spider on the towel. I screamed and threw the towel across the room, it was terrifying!
RainbowDoll
Rep:
?
(Original post by Stef90)

Spiders are cute
No. They are evil wrapped in scary.
don'tTRIP.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The sick, crunching sound when you accidently step on a spider, barefoot :nooo:
RainbowDoll
Rep:
?
Another one.
I moved into my house when I was about 5, I can kinda remember viewing the house with my parents before they bought it and can remember there being hundreds of spiders in the bath as the house had been empty for so long. I'm just glad that it was too long ago for me to remember the spiders properly, but I know they were there.
If I saw them now I would probably have nightmares!
kej817
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I picked up one of my hiking boots to check if it still fitted, as I picked it up and was about to put it on, this massive brown fat spider ran out and up my arm. Needles to say I looked a bit mad waving my arms trying to brush it off/irrationally jumping around. I always get a bit nervous when I put my hiking boots on now and give them a little kick or something to check :P
itsgotrocksinit
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm fine with spiders. I've smashed a bowl once (on my foot >_< ouch!) because one crawled over my hand and made me jump, but apart from that one incident I've never gone 'eep!' at one. Usually it's more 'Eee! Cute!'. Especially jumping spiders. <3 They're adorable.
That said, earwigs scare the life out of me. I need to pair up with an arachnophobe and I'll get rid of spiders if they agree to rid the earth of earwigs for me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (77)
13.95%
I'm not sure (24)
4.35%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (177)
32.07%
I have already dropped out (11)
1.99%
I'm not a current university student (263)
47.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed