This discussion is closed.
Brad22
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Please can you tell me whether this is a good conclusion for this question.

The question is-

Examine the view that government not the individual should be responsible for the provision of welfare and health care.

Here is my conclusion-

Despite the differences in the major political parties being little, each one of them agrees that health and welfare provision is the responsibility of both the government and the individual. This therefore shows that both collectivist and individualist groups believe there should be a ‘hand-up not a hand-out’ system. The role of the government in any country is to ensure that each citizen has the ability to look after themselves. However, some individuals find it difficult to cope, due to the life circumstances they happen to find themselves in. Nevertheless, it can be argued that despite present economic circumstances, the state still has a duty to protect those most vulnerable.

Thanks for any help you can give.
Brad22
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Bump*
Ecosse_14
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's fine. It's a bit long, all my conclusions for modern studies essays were 1-2 sentences.

e: Probably best to ask any futur modern studies questions here instead of making a few different threads.
Naeleesa
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If possible add in some new points and knowledge to back up your final LOA (conclusion).
Make your conclusion clear using evaluative language "therefore the government should clearly be responsible rather than individuals."
Then give reasons why - not just waffle.
This is due to the fact that...............(give knowledge and explain it)
However ...........(show the other side giving knowledge and explain it)

Yet it is clear that.....................(make your LOA very clear).
(Original post by Ecosse_14)
It's fine. It's a bit long, all my conclusions for modern studies essays were 1-2 sentences.

e: Probably best to ask any futur modern studies questions here instead of making a few different threads.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (187)
29.13%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.51%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
9.03%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.41%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.94%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.94%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.92%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (20)
3.12%

Watched Threads