The Student Room Group
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website

Do Canterbury check A level results upon arrival?

Hi

I am due to start Canterbury in 4 days, but I have a major problem. When I got my results last year, I thought I got BDD in my A levels. I was told recently by my university to bring my A levels on arrival, I re-read my results, and it turns out I actually got BDE.
This because when I read my results a year ago (I had a gap year, so I applied with my A levels), my attention to detail wasn't as good as it is now, so I didn't read the information properly. I am considering whether to phone my university tomorrow and tell them, as if I bring the results on the day and they don't match up, it will look like I lied.
My thinking is that if I tell them prior to arrival, surely with only 4 days until university, with my accommodation, uni card, student finance, and course things sorted, they can't just reject me completely like that.

Will they check my A levels upon arrival?

Thanks.
It may depend on what course you are doing. And they will kick you out if they find out you gave them false information, and will probably keep the fees you've paid/will pay for the year! I think you should call them asap.
As for checking when we get there, I don't know, but I'm bringing mine just in case.
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website
You're attention to detail wasn't so good? Sure you didn't know what you were doing and just 'forgot' your grade?
Original post by chriscahill9
I only learned to read things properly in the last year.

Is uni really for you?
Reply 4
Original post by Innately_Hedonistic
Is uni really for you?

By that, I didn't mean in terms of books, etc. I meant attention to detail. I used to be careless in terms of reading information/documentation.
Reply 5
would the BDE stil be enough to reach the grades you needed?
Reply 6
I got in based on personal statement, which is why I think I will still be ok. Also, surely now they have sorted my accommodation, course, freshers week, etc, they can't just turn me away?
I got in based on personal statement, which is why I think I will still be ok. Also, surely now they have sorted my accommodation, course, freshers week, etc, they can't just turn me away?

yes they very much can. Also youve known all year, so why didnt you at least retake something to get it up to the dizzying heights of a D grade
Reply 8
Original post by Innately_Hedonistic
yes they very much can. Also youve known all year, so why didnt you at least retake something to get it up to the dizzying heights of a D grade

I just emailed admissions to inform them of it, and I intend to phone tomorrow. Did you actually read the thread properly? I said that I only found out today, which is why I've got a major problem.
Reply 9
No offence, but with those grades I would have definitely used the gap year to improve them. You're in quite a rubbish situation but good luck in getting this sorted out with a good outcome. Keep us informed.

yes they very much can
Reply 11
I wouldn't be that worried about it a friend who got a 3rd in a degree was allowed to do a masters at ukc and others who had poor grades got in. They let almost anyone in so reckon ur be ok. And yes they definitely check everyone's certificates normally around mid week on freshers week.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 12
I phoned my uni and everything is fine. I think because I told them they were ok about it. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending