The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 1
The Business department here is ACE! No jokes! Its got a really good teaching and staff rating and is the highest ranked undergraduate management school in the country!

Are you coming up to the open days? I'm a course ambassador/tour guide on the open days. Have a look at www.helenbennett.net and browse through. Its all about Lancs, the town, uni, courses etc.
If you've got any more questions, let me know through that!

Helen
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
tom5
I have been offered a place at Lancaster to study Management and Organisation, the entry requirements are ABB.

Could you tell me what the Business department is like and if the requirments are actual grades or the equivalent in points or either.

Also, as I have applied for English there, what is the English department like? I've heard good and bad about that!

Finally, where would you recommed for living on campus?

Many thanks :smile:

Hi Tom,

I'm actually on the Management & Organisation course and the LUSU (Lancaster Students' Union) Management School Rep. It's a great subject but I would stress that it focuses on looking at business and management from a critical perspective too (so it's not 'Be a Manager in 3 years' type course). It's good if you're interested more in the 'people' side of business, rather than the statistics and accountancy.

Lancaster Management School is excellent - the only 6* undergraduate management school in the country so it's got the prestige and the courses are well structured too.

You will need decent grades due to this but good luck and hope to see ya next year.

Dan
Reply 3
Thanks for your help.

Which college is best for me? It's quite a difficult decision to make based on a few paragraphs in a prospectus.

I'm not too bothered about being tidy or having my own ensuite. I'd rather share with about five or six others in a college with a good sociable atmosphere and NO meal services.

:smile:
Reply 4
How did you write your PS for 2 subjects? I want to apply for 2 different degrees next year I just dont know how to tailor my ps:/
Reply 5
I was told to write about both subjects and treat them individually. I wrote them in two separate paragraphs and didn't use a connective as this would have made the subject in my second paragraph sound like my second choice. Try not to sound like one is your 'backup' and you should be fine.

Good Luck!
Reply 6
Hi Tom

Best college for social life is County by far. I was in Pendle but found it quite insular if you're not with happy go lucky people. If you are you're sorted (like me in the first year).

If not, Furness and Fylde are always noisy! They're being rebuilt so not sure what accomodation will be like.

Have a look on an open day and see what you think! Are you coming up for one?

You'll see me in a bright yellow jumper trying to organise the tour guides!

Curiosity - what other unis are on your list? Is Lancs your 1st choice?

Cheers
Reply 7
I think so. I've applied for english language and english and the media there also but havn't heard anything yet.

Also applied for english at Edinburgh but that might be a bit far and Oxford Brookes.

When's the open day?

Latest

Trending

Trending