The Student Room Group

2012 Uni Applicants for Photography

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Clare1994
Haha well it seemed like it at the time! and i have to get two B's and a C to get in.

I have to get a merit in my diploma :smile:
What have people been wearing to the interviews? From what I can gather it's more of a smart casual type thing?
Yep that's what I've been doing.

Has anyone got an interview for Glasgow this week, mines on Tuesday and I know they asked for everything I included in my digital portfolio but tht includes some life drawings and a painting which really only look good on the computer screen, so was thinking I might "forget" them. Plus I'm more nervous than for any of my other interviews combined.
Interview at Falmouth on Tuesday for Marine and Natural History Photography can't wait :biggrin: :biggrin: its my first choice and I just love the course.
Hi so um I only just recently got an offer from the uni I wanted to apply for which stated that I had an interview in march.

I have to also produce a portfolio for it, although virtual or manual (?) is not stated.

I'm still confused as to what to include so any helpful tips will be appreciated.. .

I was going to speak to the teacher but seeing as it's so late I just feel that they will mostly probably be extremely annoyed and go on at me for not talking to them sooner. However I didn't want to spend time making the portfolio if I wasn't going to get an offer anyway. As well as this others in the class have already finished their portfolios for other universities I believe, so I'm kinda screwed.

The interview is on the 28th march.. so yeah I need it done by then..

thanks!
Original post by MarcusHoare1
Interview at Falmouth on Tuesday for Marine and Natural History Photography can't wait :biggrin: :biggrin: its my first choice and I just love the course.

Ahh I have mine on Wednesday for Photography! So nervous!! It's my first choice too it's such a lovely place to be as well. Just a question, how up to date is the workbook you'll be taking? Mine isn't entirely up to date and I feel I've missed bits out. Just wanted to see what others were doing? Good luck and let me know how it goes! :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Anybody heard from ECA yet? Sent of my digital portfollio at the begining of Jan and still not heard anything!
Reply 247
Guys! Got an offer from Nottingham Trent of BBC after my terrible interview and then to make my week amazing offer from LCC of BB!!!!! SO chuffed!
Got an Interview at Falmouth tomorrow, anybody know if its group interview?
Hope everyone's is going well xx
Reply 248
Original post by frankpants
Anybody heard from ECA yet? Sent of my digital portfollio at the begining of Jan and still not heard anything!

Me neither :frown: I guess we'll hear around March.
Reply 249
I got an interview at Napier :biggrin:
Reply 250
Unconditional for Napier, happy chappy!
Unconditional from Falmouth :O I wasnt sure after my interview but im guessing I must of done something right.
Original post by MarcusHoare1
Unconditional from Falmouth :O I wasnt sure after my interview but im guessing I must of done something right.

Ahh well done!! that was quick of them :biggrin: had my interview there today, I thinkkk it went alright so fingers crossed :tongue:
Hey guys!

I was jut wondering what you think of my uni choices and which one would you go too

I got a intant offer from Newport Wales today right at the end of my interview

I have a interview for Falmouth on the 20th of march as I had to reschedule. Does anyone have a interview then?

Brighton is currently considering my application and I've yet to hear from LCC
Original post by fernandolive
Hey guys!

I was jut wondering what you think of my uni choices and which one would you go too

I got a intant offer from Newport Wales today right at the end of my interview

I have a interview for Falmouth on the 20th of march as I had to reschedule. Does anyone have a interview then?

Brighton is currently considering my application and I've yet to hear from LCC

It's your choice and the end of the day and you shouldn't base it on what any of us say! However, Falmouth is a brilliant place and the course is one of the best, and it's my top choice. I applied to Brighton and sent off an online portfolio but haven't heard back, but I really liked the place and it had a great atmosphere, but they didn't want to take anyone on that hadn't done a foundation diploma so I don't know what that means for you? I personally didn't like LCC but I applied to Canberwell but I wasn't wowed by it, they rejected me probably because I didn't do a foundation. I don't know if that's helped you at all :tongue: but you should consider the location and the quality of the course and the facilities etc really. I dunno this is turning into an essay :smile: hope this helps you in some way!
Reply 255
Napier asked for my portfolio today, finally!

But I have no idea what to do for part 2 and 3 of the portfolio...

Can anybody help me? It would be great to know what others did or roughly just so I don't go off track. :biggrin:
Reply 256
Original post by robyn_
Unconditional for Napier, happy chappy!

Awesome, congrats! Did you have an interview? How was it?
Reply 257
Original post by Senika
Awesome, congrats! Did you have an interview? How was it?

Well, I applied last year, got a conditional (if I defered it and got the grades) but I declined because I wanted to apply for GSA & ECA this year once I got my highers and matured a bit more.
Re-applied this year and got a call today to say they remembered my work and were happy to give me an unconditional without having to go through the interview process again. Stress free offer.. awesome!
But I must say, Napier staff are really friendly and the interview last year was really relaxed. Don't stress about presentation etc (mines seriously sucked.. I was so underprepared) but if they can see your passion then you will get through :smile: Show your best work and just chat away to them. They asked me about my hobbies, school, interests (like my favourite book.. even had a small chat/debate about The Crucible by Arthur Miller).
Overall nothing to worry about though, if you need any help feel free to message me. And good luck with your applications, hopefully see some of you guys next year!
Reply 258
Original post by robyn_
Well, I applied last year, got a conditional (if I defered it and got the grades) but I declined because I wanted to apply for GSA & ECA this year once I got my highers and matured a bit more.
Re-applied this year and got a call today to say they remembered my work and were happy to give me an unconditional without having to go through the interview process again. Stress free offer.. awesome!
But I must say, Napier staff are really friendly and the interview last year was really relaxed. Don't stress about presentation etc (mines seriously sucked.. I was so underprepared) but if they can see your passion then you will get through :smile: Show your best work and just chat away to them. They asked me about my hobbies, school, interests (like my favourite book.. even had a small chat/debate about The Crucible by Arthur Miller).
Overall nothing to worry about though, if you need any help feel free to message me. And good luck with your applications, hopefully see some of you guys next year!

Thanks for your answer :smile: I'm applying to ECA and GSA as well. What's your first choice? (So many questions, sorry!)
Original post by procrastination...
Ahh well done!! that was quick of them :biggrin: had my interview there today, I thinkkk it went alright so fingers crossed :tongue:

Their facilities blew me away - the fact that I wont have to wet develop film anymore is a massive positive.

Quick Reply

Latest