The Student Room Group

How often do you make driving mistakes?

Hey

So I drove for the first time in quite a while today, after passing in March. I made a really stupid mistake, and although it wasn't dangerous, I did feel like a complete idiot, and it did give me a little shock.

How often do you make mistakes while driving?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Occasionally.

Just get over it. Everyone makes mistakes, though I'm sure we're about to discover just how many members of this forum never do... :wink:
Original post by DOAADI
Occasionally.

Just get over it. Everyone makes mistakes, though I'm sure we're about to discover just how many members of this forum never do... :wink:

Yeah, it was just because this is the first time I've actually done something when I really knew it was stupid.
Reply 3
Just learn from it so you don't do it again.

Remember that the driving test isn't supposed to produce perfect drivers, just people who are ready to go out on the road and carry on learning.
Only a few, I always felt like there was a lot of pressure to get things right in my lessons and made more mistakes because of it.
Just about every other drive but they're rarely large ones. Most people do it, I managed a corker not too long ago when I drove for a good 7 minutes in the dark without lights on. Stupid well-lit roads :colonhash:
Reply 6
Everyone makes mistakes, even really experienced drivers, what's important is to realise you made a mistake and learn from it. :smile:
all the time
I still stall every now and then at traffic lights and I've been passed since February.
Reply 9
Not that regularly now really. A couple weeks ago I went round a corner really quick in 3rd gear, as I went round I realised it was a really stupid thing to do and I must be more careful. Saying that I'm quite hard on myself though it might not be as bad as I was thinking :redface:

But yeah that was the first time in a while that happened but it does happen. I think its good we can recognise that we do stuff like that instead of just doing it though :wink:
Reply 10
Lights off during the winter when its always dark is a common mistake. But yeah all the time, no driver doesnt. Altho it really annoys me when other drivers become unnecisarily aggressive,a s if they are perfect drivers.
Reply 11
Every time I go out. I've got high standards :wink:

IAM Advanced test (2005), Land Rover Off Road training (1994), Diplomatic Protection Squad Evasive Driving certificate (2001), UK licence cats A, B, BE, C1, C1E, D1, D1E since 1991.
Reply 12
It depends what you call a mistake TBH. I'll only do something bad occasionally, but since I'm very self critical I can see room for improvement on almost everything ... except that overtake this afternoon :tongue:
sometimes, im not a huge fan o drivin
all the time , probably quite bad mistakes too :/ , but never involving running over pedestrians , they are safe.
Reply 15
I almost got someone shot.

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by DOAADI
Occasionally.

Yeah, we all make mistakes occasionally. I occasionally make mistakes too, but i just get over it and carry on.
Reply 17
Original post by Emma:-)
Yeah, we all make mistakes occasionally. I occasionally make mistakes too, but i just get over it and carry on.

The trick is to learn from them :wink:
Reply 18
About 8 majors every time I go out driving :colonhash:
I passed on Wednesday, and drove past my instructor today. Waved at him then proper gassed past him. Could see him cracking up in my rearview. :lol:
Original post by YorkieLad101
sometimes, im not a huge fan o drivin

If you have a lengthily breakdown you'll love it forever

Quick Reply

Latest