Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Another question.. feel like a completle nightlife newb here.

i know that generally you got to be fairly smart at clubs.. like no trackies and stuff. Im guessing your not allowed to wear trainers? Like my Adidas Nizza Los or Nike 6.0s.. What is the acceptable footwear? I got a pair of bog standard slip on shoes.. and thats it. Would the shoes do? Or would I look like I was in the wrong place?

Oh and what sort of clothing is acceptable. Guess jeans/chinos and polo/casual shirt would be the norm?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Any plain dark shoes should do. Black leather shoes, black/grey pumps etc.

ReputationRep:
    I wear black plimsolls or black vans, i think generally if you wear bright shoes it's riskier (from a guys perspective).

ReputationRep:
    Black shoes jeans and a polo or shirt is what i would go for

ReputationRep:
    Dark shoes, pumps, plimsolls etc

Jeans

T-shirt, polo, shirt etc.

ReputationRep:

Are basically the shoes I've got.. all my trainers are white

Those shoes arent too smart?

ReputationRep:
    Boat shoes lol or black vans. Then wear jeans or chinos. And wear a Oxford shirt/ chequered shirt/polo/ tight t and you will look like a don. Follow up with a pull and a couple numbers and that's that.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Haven't been clubbing in ages but id usually go for grey or black vans, jeans and then a polo or casual shirt.

ReputationRep:
    don't worry about the dress code so much, especially when we're talking about these student nights for freshers, there'll be plenty of people wearing all sorts of crazy stuff. Basically you need to look good, you can go ahead and buy yourself a new wardrobe of clubbing clothes which will get you in the club but really u just need clothes that suit you and leave you feeling comfortable. It's so easy to dress to impress these days since half the people are wearing the same clothing which is fine if you want to stay off the radar.

You've already got the idea, don't walk in with a full set of tracksuits looking like a complete chav, but I'm guessing you don't dress like that wherever you go anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FurusR)

Are basically the shoes I've got.. all my trainers are white

Those shoes arent too smart?
    Lol you're going to a club not a job interview, and no to white plimsoles, no matter what they will be stained red or blue from WKD, theres no avoiding it.

ReputationRep:
    I go all out man!

I go for big cowboy boots, white jeans, some sort of t shirt, braces and shades. But that's just me, no point in being generic and trying to fit in with the crowd.

ReputationRep:
    Whats the verdict on Converse Hi-Tops?

ReputationRep:
    whatevers cheap, nightclubs ruin shoes.

ReputationRep:
    Depends what kind of club you're going to, and on what night it is. Sometimes you're fine wearing anything so long as they're not sandals - other times you need to be wearing shoes/not trainers or you won't get in.

ReputationRep:
    OK, well this Sunday I'm going to this: http://allevents.in/Cardiff/%E2%96%B...00455073349198.. Any idea what footwear I need to purchase?

I'm guessing that those shoes above are too smart?

ReputationRep:
    OK, well this Sunday I'm going to this: http://allevents.in/Cardiff/%E2%96%B...00455073349198.. Any idea what footwear I need to purchase?

I'm guessing that those shoes above are too smart?
    Are you retarded or something? You're not going to the ****ing ice rink, there isn't any footwear you 'need' to have unless you don't own any shoes to begin with.

From the description:

'Expect a night of good music, stupidly cheap drink deals as well as the perfect chance to meet/catch up with your housemates as we look forward to the 2011-12 academic year and all the many parties, promiscuous behaviour and moments of fame and shame that come with it '

Do you really think this place could give two ****s about the shoes you're wearing? You could wear the black shoes u have, but they'd probably get wrecked.

ReputationRep:
    Wear vans, chinos and a polo with an emblem of a man playing horse croquet and you're ready to join the herd.

Seriously though, what happened to individuality?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mockery)
    Lol you're going to a club not a job interview, and no to white plimsoles, no matter what they will be stained red or blue from WKD, theres no avoiding it.
    ...or yellow from well, erm...

ReputationRep:
    I'm not bothered what I wear.. I'm just concerned I wont be let in.

I only own three pairs of shoes. 2 trainers, Nike 6.0s white, Addidas Nizza Los White and Black Slip On Shoes.

I was just asking which would be the best.. obvioulsy white trainers are risky, and black shoes are smart.. SO do you guys reccomend that I go out tomorrow and buy some black footwear? ANyone got and images/pictures?

And yes. I obviously am retarded if I cant decided what sort of footwear to wear on my first night out at Uni.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not bothered what I wear.. I'm just concerned I wont be let in.

I only own three pairs of shoes. 2 trainers, Nike 6.0s white, Addidas Nizza Los White and Black Slip On Shoes.

I was just asking which would be the best.. obvioulsy white trainers are risky, and black shoes are smart.. SO do you guys reccomend that I go out tomorrow and buy some black footwear? ANyone got and images/pictures?

And yes. I obviously am retarded if I cant decided what sort of footwear to wear on my first night out at Uni.
    Just wear black pumps or something. You can get away with something like this easily http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/store...SED%2BPLIMSOLL
    just wear whatever as long as they're not blatent trainers.

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.