The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Help please, resit second year nottingham university

Hey,
new to the site but just wondered if anyone could help!
Both me and my boyfriend study at Nottingham univeristy but he has just failed his second year resits at Nottingham Uni, but literally by just a few marks.
He had a bit of a tough time during his second year due to personal reasons but they can't really be shown as extenuating circumstances due to the fact they can't really be proven, but just wondered how likely it is that he will be able to resit the year?
or possibly retake the modules he failed again whilst doing his third year?
He got good results in his first year, he just had a bit of a tough time this year.

Really it would be better if he could retake the second year again, so he can obtain a better degree.

He's emailed the uni, due to the fact that on the progression section of the portal it just says they are unable to confirm his progression status and to contact them for more details.

Just wondered if anyone has been able to retake the second year at nottingham?
I know they are pretty tough!

Any help would be massively appreciated! thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Get him to contact the Students' Union Education Advisers who'll be able to run through all his options and whatnot :smile:
http://www.su.nottingham.ac.uk/helpadvice/advicecentre/
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
This might be of use to you:
http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/academicservices/documents/qmdocuments/ug-regs-flow-chart.pdf
You'll see it says 'one further reassessment oppurtunity at school's discression'
There is hope!
Reply 3
Thanks a lot for the links! Hopefully will go ok!
It might also be worth contacting Academic Processes on 0115 84 67285 to check what's happening.
Reply 5
thanks, i'll tell him to give that a go.
Looks like he might be changing course :smile:
What was the outcome of this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending