The Student Room Group

joining social work, please help.

Ok, am due to start a degree undergraduate in socila work, the three year programme. Am a very late entry, so now playing catch up, and needing a lot of advice. Firstly, i did my diploma in nursing, and finished in 2008, and arcording t0 what i have been reading and gatharing, apparently, that will affect, the amount of money, that I will be recieving?. Also, how much, roughly will i be getting, with 3 kids, who are my dependants please, i need to know, the rough estimate, of my yearly entitlement, many thanks. I appreciate, similar threads exist, but i think, all situations are different, please help .
Reply 1
you should get an nhs bursary of £4575 for social work, check out the NHSBA website also you get the standard package from student finance

im not sure if your diploma will effect things as its not a previous degree, but tbh I'm not 100%
Reply 2
Ye thanks that's what am trying to gather, for those, who are, were or know anyone in a similar situation please.
Reply 3
gutted, just had my reply from student finance, and despite the advice, they have been giving me, on my previous contact, i have just found out, i do not qualify, to have my tuition fees paid, as well as not being given the maintanance grant. All, i qualify for, is possibly the bursary, though havent heard from them yet, and the maintanance loan. That means, have to pay my own fees, which is over 3000, but i cant see myself arfording that, all as a result of misinformation. what other funding options, do you think are available for me, because, am desperate now, will ring my university student finance department tomorrow, but just need a heads up.
Original post by tsobo
gutted, just had my reply from student finance, and despite the advice, they have been giving me, on my previous contact, i have just found out, i do not qualify, to have my tuition fees paid, as well as not being given the maintanance grant. All, i qualify for, is possibly the bursary, though havent heard from them yet, and the maintanance loan. That means, have to pay my own fees, which is over 3000, but i cant see myself arfording that, all as a result of misinformation. what other funding options, do you think are available for me, because, am desperate now, will ring my university student finance department tomorrow, but just need a heads up.

Apart from taking out a bank loan (with very high interest) to cover your fees, I don't think there are any other options...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending