The Student Room Group

The best Leggings?

I need a few new pairs of leggings as the ones I have are stretched or have holes in them. I want decent ones that dont stretch after washing them once. Any opinions about which shop sells the best leggings? :smile:
Reply 1
I don't like the ones from Topshop, River Island, etc, as they're nearly all made of cotton and I think they look a bit too worn after a while.

I have a pair from Forever21 that are more... I don't know what the material is, I think lycra? It doesn't feel like cotton and it's not shiny, but it's more stretchy. They do just normal cotton ones too though so you have to be careful about what you're picking up...

If you're really just looking for basic black cotton ones.. just go to somewhere like Primark. Spending three times the price on the exact same product doesn't make sense to me.
Reply 2
I have tesco ones, they are two for £8, they stay nicely put below the ankle, stretchy, not see through and not made from cotton that bobbles.
My Miss Selfridge ones are great, they're not the horrible cotton-y ones that seem to attract hair and whatnot, they're really soft too.
Reply 4
I don't usually shop at Topshop (bit too expensive for me!) but do like their leggings.. they are really soft and stretchy and the colour has stayed the same. Have had some for going on 3 years now and they are still good to go :smile:
Original post by enchanting
I have tesco ones, they are two for £8, they stay nicely put below the ankle, stretchy, not see through and not made from cotton that bobbles.

Not see through? We must shop at different Tescos! (Well we probably do, but same company!) Although they are supersoft. I bought four pairs for uni :colondollar:
(edited 12 years ago)
Uniqlo Heat Tech...but I think I washed them on too high a setting so they bobbled.

I handwash them now. :h:
Reply 7
The leggings I own are from ASDA and they're quite thick and they're a really good quality, i'm not sure how much they were, but they weren't much!

I've had about 4 pairs of black leggings from Primark and they were awful!

:smile:
If they're for going under dresses and long tops, the Primark Secret Support ones (£4 per pair) are very good. No idea what they're like for their intended purpose, I just like them because they're very thick and opaque but don't seem to attract lint like normal cotton leggings.
Reply 9
Thanks for your reponses i have tried primark ones before and havent been impressed but i might try the primark secret support ones and I will have a look at the ones in miss selfridge and topshop since i need a few pairs
Original post by Mega Nerd
The leggings I own are from ASDA and they're quite thick and they're a really good quality, i'm not sure how much they were, but they weren't much!

I've had about 4 pairs of black leggings from Primark and they were awful!

:smile:

I second this. The Dorothy Perkins & Boohoo ones are quite good too.
My H&M ones developed a hole extremely quickly- annoying. But I've had a pair from Miss Selfridge for ages and they look almost as good as new!
I get ones that are 99% Elastain because I can't stand the cotton and nylon ones :frown:
Don't buy Primark ones!! I had a pair that turned completely see through at the seams after 1 wash :mad:

In my experience, Top Shop ones are pretty good. I also have a pair from Ethel Austins that are 4 years old and still look brand new.
I love and swear by Topshop leggings.
They fit well and don't do that bunchy thing at the knee.
I also always have a problem with leggings because I'm so tall, but Topshop do a tall set and an extra long length set :smile:

I hate New Look, Primark and Matalan leggings.
I don't really like the Primark Secret Support ones, they're shiny and they bunch up a lot.

I just buy the cotton leggings from Primark for £3 because I don't really want to spend £8-£10 on a really basic item and they're not that bad.
I have some from store 21. they are a bit thick but sit nicely on the hips. I also have a black pair from Matalan in the bebau range which are lovely however the actual matalan range were pretty awful
Iv had quite a few pairs my best pair are from new look! they are soo much comfyer than all my others and have lasted ages!
Reply 18
where can i find leggings that don't attract pet hair??:frown:
Reply 19
I got a pair from TK Maxx about 3 years ago and they only just got holes in them now and never bobbled.. Don't know if they will ever have them again though which is unfortunate.

Quick Reply

Latest