Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Whilst nonchalantly walking through town the other day, I noticed three young men shiftily shuffle into an Ann Summers that has recently opened where I live.

Men buying sexy underwear for their girlfriends. No. Just no.

If my boyfriend ever bought something like that for me I'd just smile and say, "Aww. That's sweet. Go try it on and let me see you in it!"

It's not a present, it's just selfish! It's for their own enjoyment! It's like a girl buying a girl buying her boyfriend's a fireman's outfit and saying, "Put that on love, it really gets my juices flowing."

And am I very much mistaken, or do men just want to see girls naked anyway? What's the point in me (or him) buying a £30 basque when all he's going to say is, "That's very nice. Now take it off."

I mean, if girls want to do it for their menfolk because it makes them feel good, then fine. But, really. Men should just stay out of underwear shops.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Nerdy One)
    Whilst nonchalantly walking through town the other day, I noticed three young men shiftily shuffle into an Ann Summers that has recently opened where I live.

If my boyfriend ever bought something like that for me I'd just smile and say, "Aww. That's sweet. Go try it on and let me see you in it!"

It's not a present, it's just selfish! It's for their own enjoyment! It's like a girl buying a girl buying her boyfriend's a fireman's outfit and saying, "Put that on love, it really gets my juices flowing."

And am I very much mistaken, or do men just want to see girls naked anyway? What's the point in me (or him) buying a £30 basque when all he's going to say is, "That's very nice. Now take it off."

I mean, if girls want to do it for their menfolk because it makes them feel good, then fine. But, really. Men should just stay out of underwear shops.
    Did it occur to you that these men weren't buying it for their girlfriends? There are other alternatives you know.

ReputationRep:

Ya know i was one of those guys who would do that but after reading that you made me realise a few things i didnt think of before.....thanx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Did it occur to you that these men weren't buying it for their girlfriends? There are other alternatives you know.
    I'm not just referring to those particular three men. I'm talking about men in general.

ReputationRep:
    your bitter and twisted, many girls like nice underware because it makes them feel better about them selves...id much prefer a guy to buy me underware which is useful than a box of chocolates. and by your claims...do guys just buy chocolates so they can eat them themselves?

one day you might grow up.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not just referring to those particular three men. I'm talking about men in general.
    You have a point there you know...but i dont think i would mind being brought sum sexy underwear now and again, perhaps not for special occasions, but just as a random present maybe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    your bitter and twisted, many girls like nice underware because it makes them feel better about them selves...id much prefer a guy to buy me underware which is useful than a box of chocolates. and by your claims...do guys just buy chocolates so they can eat them themselves?

Excuse me, it does not make her bitter and twisted? hows about you explain that comment? It is her OPINION is it not?

ReputationRep:

That's ridiculous! I'm not being childish in the least! Most of the girls I know completely agree with me. Just because you like to be bought underwear, doesn't mean every girl does, you're basing that solely on your opinion. Why is your opinion anymore valid than mine?

ReputationRep:
    Well, I personally wouldn't be comfortable in the lingerie department of any store and I agree with you. No place for a fella to be. On the odd occasion that my girlfriend wanted to stock up on such items (sexy or practical) I'd make my excuses and meander to the nearest pub or motorcycle shop.

But then again, I'm not exactly what you'd call a "new man"!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Barman)
    Ya know i was one of those guys who would do that but after reading that you made me realise a few things i didnt think of before.....thanx
    Oh for gods sake.....one minute i decide one thing....then the next....screw it i'll just be my old self!! Never had any complaints before!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Well, I personally wouldn't be comfortable in the lingerie department of any store and I agree with you. No place for a fella to be. On the odd occasion that my girlfriend wanted to stock up on such items (sexy or practical) I'd make my excuses and meander to the nearest pub or motorcycle shop.

But then again, I'm not exactly what you'd call a "new man"!
    Exactly! That's what my boyfriend does! As soon as I head for an underwear department, he scarpers! He's afraid women are going to think he's a pervert, even though I'm with him. The poor dear.

ReputationRep:
    That's ridiculous! I'm not being childish in the least! Most of the girls I know completely agree with me. Just because you like to be bought underwear, doesn't mean every girl does, you're basing that solely on your opinion. Why is your opinion anymore valid than mine?
    I agree and Id be interested to see what she says about calling you bitter and twisted and needing to grow up

ReputationRep:

because your ****ging off guys who are getting their girlfriends what they want/will like?

if you have a problem with that...then your bitter and twisted.

it is childish to think that men buy underware to be selfish.

sure, if you dont want your bf to get you underware- then tell him, but your moaning bout men in genral is like me coming on here and telling all guys not to buy chocolates. thats just rediculas.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly! That's what my boyfriend does! As soon as I head for an underwear department, he scarpers! He's afraid women are going to think he's a pervert, even though I'm with him. The poor dear.
    Sounds like a proper bloke to me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Barman)
    Oh for gods sake.....one minute i decide one thing....then the next....screw it i'll just be my old self!! Never had any complaints before!!
    bless ya lol x

ReputationRep:
    because your ****ging off guys who are getting their girlfriends what they want/will like?

sure, if you dont want your bf to get you underware- then tell him, but your moaning bout men in genral is like me coming on here and telling all guys not to buy chocolates. thats just rediculas.
    She is not "twisted" what a harsh word to use because of her opinion!!! And if that is you opinion then voice it, afterall, its a forum where people voice their opinions isnt it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kita)
    bless ya lol x
    thanX :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend bought me some underwear from Ann Summers for my birthday, i was impressed that he picked the tasteful set (one of the only ones in the whole shop) rather than the tacky horrible ones! I saw the box and was horrified, but opened it and was pleased. I don't think it's selfish, i got benefit from me wearing it too :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claire1985)
    My boyfriend bought me some underwear from Ann Summers for my birthday, i was impressed that he picked the tasteful set (one of the only ones in the whole shop) rather than the tacky horrible ones! I saw the box and was horrified, but opened it and was pleased. I don't think it's selfish, i got benefit from me wearing it too :rolleyes:
    well thats ok, i mean like i said, i wouldnt mind being brought underwear, but some people, in fact, alot of people would object to it and feel a bit like a sex object or something, but i really dont think it warrented being called "bitter and twisted" and that she was "childish" and needing to "grow up" at the end of the day, it was her opinion and she may feel insecure.

Why does anyone have the right to put down her opinion on something, i personally think that was wrong.

But neway, glad u liked it lol, and i have run out of things to say now lol

ReputationRep:

You know, you have NO right in critisizing and INSULTING a person who is entitled to her own opnion!! You shouldn't just barge in threads like this and ****ging people off!! This exactly shows what kind of a person you are, which is disappointing seeing that you should be what we should see as a responsible moderator. If you can't discuss it sensibly like twinker bell (kita?) then lay off.
    How old are you? Seriously?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.