The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5100
Original post by fyrecracker
Its so stupid, In my heart of hearts I know its going to be a NO, but its been so long, Ive started to 'want' it all over again?

See you saturday xxx

Oh Fyrecracker, I feel for you. Just think there maybe a specific role for you and they are just filling in the majority roles at present. A hug to you and fingers crossed for good news!:hugs:
Reply 5101
Original post by maclondon
Though some of us Still haven't heard yes / no / reserve
I was emailed that it was awaiting creative decisions.

I couldn't be that patient without hearing anything. Ring them or email them and put us at least at some ease of knowing something!! My initial casting offer was lost and still hasn't turned up - hopefully that isn't the case with you.
Reply 5102
Original post by rocks99
Not entirely sure I would agree with that statement - at my recall (Feb 18th) it was made very clear that we were auditioning for one of two (or possibly both) segments for the Olympic Opening ceremony. I'm certainly hanging on to that belief, as I am away for the other ceremonies.

I agree, hang on in there (and you haven't had a no). :smile:
Positive mental attitudes! They're just having their game show moment of tension (albeit the 'moment' is a number of months, but, hey, the olympics is allowed to be dramatic :wink: )

'we regret to inform you that... YOU ARE COMING TO THE OLYMPICS'
Reply 5104
Original post by cornishscot

Can't help feel a little bit miffed still that whilst they recognise we all have something to offer they would rather fill places up with new recruits (who possible missed the original deadline to apply, whereas we didn't thinking that is/was the one and only chance we'd likely have to do so!).

I feel the same... :frown:
Reply 5105
Can you tell I'm just catching up with most of the posts?? and haven't worked out to multiquote and reply.

Congratulations to everyone who has heard and to those who haven't you will. We've all been there waiting for news and not given up hope with the support of so many on here - so we are all with you in all that you are going through.
Reply 5106
Original post by shaunmag
been lurking a while.........Auditions and call backs in Feb....

Got a holding mail last night and then a CAST OFFER!!!

51-B :smile:

Wooohooooooo!:smile:

Congratulations! Must be man with rythm!!!!!!!
Just beginning to catch up on the last 24 hours. Sounds llike some good news has started filtering through. :yeah:
Original post by Drumbeat
great am also male and in the 51-A group and going to the 31st meet.
so at least we can chat about guys things

haha. No problemo :smile:
Original post by Dancersmum
Out last night at "Annie" (still singing the songs, I do love the music in that show) as one of my daughters is Pepper in it this week locally, having done "Swan Lake" as a lead swan last week with a national ballet company - bit of a contrast. Just found a holding email that arrived at 17.57 last night...

Great to hear:smile: I too got Holding email :smile:
Original post by geejohn
I feel the same... :frown:

I just hope that once they have selected who they definitely WANT from both rounds of auditions that those who auditioned first are somehow up higher on this list of RESERVES that they have still to place should the need arise to do so.

Only other way which would be fair would be to rank us with points in different categories and the recruit accordingly.

Whether or not you have auditioned for both Olympics and Paras (in separate rounds of auditions Nov./Feb.) should have no bearing on their final decision whatsoever.

No way should anyone who has auditioned 3 times get selected ahead of someone who has only auditioned twice based purely on that factor alone, nor should our commitment be questioned by not accepting the invite to audition for the paras. - some of us are simply NOT available to do all the rehearsals for that due to other commitments including work - we can't all make ourselves available 24/7, 4 or 5 times a week from April to September or whatever (but this does not detract from the fact that we still want to take part in what we originally auditioned for back in November, namely Olympics opening and/or closing ceremonies).

Oh well, back to the never ending wait for me and a few others on here in the meantime I suppose ! <sigh>
Reply 5110
No way should anyone who has auditioned 3 times get selected ahead of someone who has only auditioned twice based purely on that factor alone, nor should our commitment be questioned by not accepting the invite to audition for the paras. - some of us are simply NOT available to do all the rehearsals for that due to other commitments including work - we can't all make ourselves available 24/7, 4 or 5 times a week from April to September or whatever (but this does not detract from the fact that we still want to take part in what we originally auditioned for back in November, namely Olympics opening and/or closing ceremonies).

Absolutely right and I can't think that they would be able to. No matter how 'keen' people have been in auditioning for everything - that won't affect decisions. They are a professional body obliged to stick to their own rules as publicised.. Their dates for notifying people of results are a bit scatty but that's a reasonable response to the situation of having thousands of applicants. 'Keen-ness' and number of auditions won't come into it.
Reply 5111
Soo exciting people are finally finding out!!
Fingers crossed for those waiting and reserves xx

Stumbled on a print out when I auditioned last year as to what they were looking for...
We will also be looking for:

Dancers all styles classical, contemporary, urban, ballroom, social, traditional and culturally specific.

Theatre skills drama students, amateur dramatic groups and general experience either in theatre, film or performance.

Musical skills percussion, drumming, singing
Other performance skills gymnastics and circus skills
Wheelchair performers/sports people

Competent users of BSL (British Sign Language)

General all-round performers there are many roles that do not require a specific skill, but just a great deal of enthusiasm.

I wouldn't mind doing ballroom with nice floaty dress!! Lol :dancing:
(edited 12 years ago)
Hey y'all,

I also got through to the Opening Ceremony as part of 49c..
Anybody in that section too??
Reply 5113
Angelclauds, I think there are quite a few people in 49 here - Caroline27, Smencil and LottyC to mention a few. Not sure which segment, but we will end up in the same rehearsals at some point, I believe.

I think Ufoken is in 49C. Maybe Flakeydom can help out with the fantastic spreadsheet! :smile:
Reply 5114
Original post by Angelclauds9
Hey y'all,

I also got through to the Opening Ceremony as part of 49c..
Anybody in that section too??

congratulations, woohoo!!! :smile:
Original post by adelie27
Didn't we all look the part in Galactica's photo ?

Photo, what photo would this be then? Could you maybe provide a link to it here for us who do not know what you're talking about/haven't seen it yet, please?

Thanks in advance.
Original post by Nevvie
I think Ufoken is in 49C. Maybe Flakeydom can help out with the fantastic spreadsheet! :smile:

Yup, just two in 49C here. 21 in segment 49 overall

Photo, what photo would this be then? C

I think it's the one taken at the mini-meetup that the re-auditionees for the Paralympics had.
Reply 5117
Original post by MsIs
Can you tell I'm just catching up with most of the posts?? and haven't worked out to multiquote and reply.

I just open up each message quote in a new tab and then copy and paste to put them all together.

Seems like only Olympic ceremonies performers have been cast this week. Hope there's not too many of them and then they get on to Paras and reserves asap.
Photo, what photo would this be then? Could you maybe provide a link to it here for us who do not know what you're talking about/haven't seen it yet, please?

Thanks in advance.

The foto from mini para auditions with cinnamon, fyrecracker, adelie, dancersmum, rafiki and me:smile:
Reply 5119

Not sure if this adds/detracts to the recent discussions we've been having about the situation on here save to confirm that being a RESERVE from November's auditions does not necessarily mean we will have less of a chance of being cast, just that we may have to wait in a queue for a place behind those who auditioned in February and got an offer from that round of auditions.

Can't help feel a little bit miffed still that whilst they recognise we all have something to offer they would rather fill places up with new recruits (who possible missed the original deadline to apply, whereas we didn't thinking that is/was the one and only chance we'd likely have to do so!).

The problem is I don't think number of auditions, keenness, or how early the audition was will be considered at all. They are looking for certain people according to whatever criteria they have laid down, and it's likely that some February auditionees will be more suited to some of the roles than November reserves. So the reserves will simply be left in limbo until they are needed. Who knows what criteria they'll use then! What a nightmare! Hang in there!

Latest