The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9100
Original post by Pinnerite
Hi Colin. Welcome to the forum! I assume you are in Group 44 then and perhaps 44FOP having their first outdoor rehearsal today? If so there are a number of you already on this forum! Yes good the rain stayed off although having to work through large puddles was not ideal, but tomorrow I think we shall need the cagoules. Well we have had the freezing cold two weeks ago, the searing heat last weekend so we are sampling all weathers.

Thank you. Yes group 44. Not sure what FOP is, but today was our third outdoor rehearsal. Are there may from 44 on here? Wonder if I know any of you.
Original post by Olympian
Thank you. Yes group 44. Not sure what FOP is, but today was our third outdoor rehearsal. Are there may from 44 on here? Wonder if I know any of you.

Yes loads of us. Were you 44A, B C or D? If you PM me your number and 'area' I will send you mine and let you know who else from the forum was in your original group. I linked up with a couple more TSR people today through recognising bib numbers!
The FOPPERS were the guys wearing pink bibs who joined us today.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9102
To all those in 51 - check your emails because we've had some time changes for the next two Saturdays :smile: Although it does mean slightly earlier mornings...

On second glance, the email heading is only 51A, so maybe it's just us? We'll find out soon enough I suppose! :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9103
Original post by Pinnerite
Yes loads of us. Were you 44A, B C or D? If you PM me your number and 'area' I will send you mine and let you know who else from the forum was in your original group. I linked up with a couple more TSR people today through recognising bib numbers!
The FOPPERS were the guys wearing pink bibs who joined us today.

I'm 44B. Ah right, I remember seeing them. I'll PM you my area and bib number now.
Reply 9104
Just found out I'm going to be an auntie!!! :biggrin:
This is going to be the best summer EVER!!! :bunny::bunny::bunny:
Original post by lauski22
Which closing ceremony (if you both get through) would you be doing? I'm going for paras

Paras only, too, as I am a fellow 51er.

Original post by abs0n
On second glance, the email heading is only 51A, so maybe it's just us?

No, it's everybody.

Original post by Lara5
Just found out I'm going to be an auntie!!! :biggrin:

Congrats!! Which segment number is that? :wink:
Congrats Lara5 - get those knitting needles out and try for a hat!

Just trying to figure out where to go and watch the pageant - I knew I should have made more effort in recent years to befriend someone with a Thames balcony flat!

The countdown continues although even the Games are overshadowed this weekend by the razzmatazz of the Jubilee... and then in a couple of weeks, the Games buzz will start...

54 is a grafitti style - which given the 2012 logo shares some of that style - seemed to work - plus the collage needed some colour!
TRUE-54-SF-1280x1024-465140.jpeg
Reply 9107
Original post by cinnamon

21st July: Dress Rehearsal 1 (All)
23rd July: Dress Rehearsal 2 (All)
25th July: Dress Rehearsal 3 (All)

Any idea of the timing of these?
I'm trying to book a flight out of town on the evening of the 23rd - does anyone know if this rehearsal will go past 8pm?

My section cast coordinators have still not sent out times for these.

Thanks!
Reply 9108
Dedication. Given my jubilee festival ticket to a friend and dagenham bound. Please stay dry!!!!
Reply 9109
HI EVERYONE,

I AM A 44 FOPPER AND I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE NEEDED A LIFT FROM CANARY WHARF AREA TO THE REHEARSAL SITE. CONTACT ME ON HERE SO WE CAN GO TOGETHER!

Good luck to everyone!

Tef
Reply 9110
Original post by scielle
I'm trying to book a flight out of town on the evening of the 23rd - does anyone know if this rehearsal will go past 8pm?

Thanks!

Nope - nobody knows yet. We've been told we'll know as soon as they do....
Original post by scielle

Obviously, don't know for sure but I'd have thought it's likely to go on later if they want to mimic Opening Night conditions which will start after 8pm.

Original post by Ropey1
Please stay dry!!!!

Um... well... that didn't work well. I am finally home and dry from the pageant which (thankfully post-Queen) became very very wet! Hope that rehearsals were mostly over before it really came down like stair rods... and that turnout was enough to make the rehearsal worthwhile.

Was v crowded down by the Tate but had a great time. Got chatting to a woman who has made some of the Opening Ceremony costumes but, of course, said no more! And I did manage to get one pic with the Queen looking in our direction!
P1030607.jpg
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by scielle

Thanks!

erm i would assume the will be from v.early to v.late. probbaly why 'its not listed - plus i'm sure arrivals will be staggered so they don't have 10000 arriving at once, that logisitic probably isnt worked out yet.

a flight out ? on a dress rehearsal day - meaning you have to be at an airport 2 hours before your flight? or at least an hour, + an hour min to get to an airport from stratford. (stanstead is about 30 mins drive, city close but still takes 30+ minutes to get there - theres no such thing as a less than 30 minute journey in london) etc. I'm sure we'll all have to be de-briefed, costumes returned etc, plus physically leaving the park will take time.

sounds unlikely
can you get a v.early flight the following morning?
plus you'll have to be back in london early the day after?

seems a little unlikely TBH - talk to a cast co-ordinator
i'm assuming theres something you *have to* be at on the day between rehearsals.
Have to agree with maclondon; that it might be wiser to see if there's any way to postpone whatever you need to fly for (even until later in the morning so you could leave first thing on 24th). But I guess if it's something like a wedding that will be well nigh impossible! Good luck!

53 days to go - now given at one point, they were asking for cars for the closing ceremonies, surely this number 53 would be desperate to apply although might not creep in under the age requirement!
53airportcut.jpg
Well yesterday's rehearsal was marked by paddling though a flooded site :frown:. I do hope the drainage at the stadium will be better. Wellies really are the order of the day if it is raining or has been raining the previous couple of days. The dancers did their rehearsals indoors but we tough44ers had to brave it our either under a flooded hangar or on the site itself. At least the loos tried to compensate by running out of water at the end :biggrin: - babywipes another essential methinks.

The good point though was that I managed to link up with justingalore and Mastidon for the first time and Speedy123, wickedgrin and tylergardener again :smile: :smile:. And on the way to the bus I spotted Fyrecracker - this time without Beckham boot for identification! And we had our surprise, courtesy of Danny Boyle but we are not going to tell all you dry people what it was:biggrin: except to say that it was also wet by the time I got home....

Now the FOPPERS have joined us if any others want to PM me with your bib numbers I can look out for you. You are a great team and really raise our spirits with your enthusiasm- thank you!:banana::banana:

We were let off early :smile: so I decided to risk trying to get to the pageant. After an abortive attempt on the north bank I eventually caught a sliver view of the Thames from the south bank - that is when the orange coated crowd security guys deigned to move their buik-they seemed to have no interest in watching themselves. After 'watching' for an hour though the extreme murk from behind a wire barricade more suited to restrain animals in a zoo I was absolutely soaked - but glad I had take a change of clothing to Dagenham- except that the bank of portaloos enticingly partly blocking our view were on the other side of the barricade....to which no one had access - hmmmm.

At least I was able to 'enjoy' the great photos the rest of my family had taken from further up the river when it was dryish and from an excellent vantage point. But then they do not have the thrill of performing at the OC....
(edited 11 years ago)
If people haven't read their email they should now, some times have been changed for a few saturdays, Earlier starts!

This means for me the latest train i can get is the 7:11am which means a proper early start!!!!!!!! The thought of setting my alarm for 6 is depressing!
Original post by JessykarH
If people haven't read their email they should now, some times have been changed for a few saturdays, Earlier starts!

This means for me the latest train i can get is the 7:11am which means a proper early start!!!!!!!! The thought of setting my alarm for 6 is depressing!

which segment no? no 44 e-mails.
Original post by maclondon
which segment no? no 44 e-mails.

I am guessing just the 51's got moved.
Wow - we have all been lying back and chilling out over the Jubilee weekend - 3 days worth of posts on a single page hasn't happened often.

Hope everyone is having/has had a great Jubilee weekend! Pinnerite - at least you saw a little of the pageant even if it was through photos rather than the gloom of the weather. But glad rehearsal went well!

52 days to go... this one just because it looked 'vintage' which seemed right while we are looking back to the 50s with the jubilee
52.jpg
One word of warning. I was originally given £50 on my Oyster card which I religiously only used on going to rehearsals and had £15 left on it after 5 rehearsals. However on Sunday on checking in we were all issued with new cards but found out at the station this was only for £10. We were told to hand in our old cards (and I assumed we would be having £50 again so no problem) but some managed to keep theirs - including one guy who had more than £80 on his (so now has £90) - how much did he get to start with? Because of rushing to try to see the pageant and having to exit a couple of times because of crowding etc. and with no other card with me it appears I went to the daily off-peak cap limit of £8.50 so now I do not have enough to get back to 1:1 on that card. Presumably they have clamped down because of abuse of the system but be warned it is not enough to cover more than one entry and exit into the tube network.

Latest