~CAROLINE~
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 15 years ago
Two of my teacers left at the end of my lower sixth, they'd really looked out for me at school and we ended up bein really close, i still keep in contact wiv them through email, it was never thought of about keepin in touch it was their choice to give me their address and ask for mine, askin to me would seem pushy even though we got on so well. i'd feel a bit odd about keepin in touch wiv some teachers, even tho i get on well wiv them. it just depends on the person 1 of my teachers keeps in touch wiv loads of his ex pupils, but others keep in touch wiv none.
littlemissalex
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 15 years ago
If the teachers that you want to stay in touch with, dont actually initiate exchanging email addresses etc then do we ask them? or just leave it be, assuming they might not want to? id be sooo embarrassed if i asked them and they said no..
*Farfalla*
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 15 years ago
One of my teachers emailed me this holiday out of the blue.... they already had my email address after i emailed an assignment in. They emailed to let me know about some websited to help with coursework. What do you guys think about this? It seemed a little odd to me?
elvliz
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by *Farfalla*)
One of my teachers emailed me this holiday out of the blue.... they already had my email address after i emailed an assignment in. They emailed to let me know about some websited to help with coursework. What do you guys think about this? It seemed a little odd to me?
i just think that sounds thoughtful, as if they want to keep in touch with you - i'd be grateful
littlemissalex
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by *Farfalla*)
i think its fine. My teacher and i email each other frequently when i need help or i need him to mark something for me during the holidays etc. I wouldnt worry about it, as elvilz said, its thoughtful
Alipattzr5
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by elvliz)
what rae your views on teachers keeping in contact with old pupils?

It seems to me like if a particular teacher has influenced a pupil they should keep in contact.

I ask cos i'm leaving school this year and there is a particular teacher i want to stay in contact with because she's influenced and helped me a lot
I am in the same position. There is a particular teacher at my school who I would love to stay in contact with even after I have left. I intend to email her to let her know how I am getting on
Mr M
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Alipattzr5)
I am in the same position. There is a particular teacher at my school who I would love to stay in contact with even after I have left. I intend to email her to let her know how I am getting on
You've bumped an 11 year old thread.
Bethxshawxo
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Are we allowed to message them on messenger though if the teacher has left the school but we haven’t. Because a teacher has recently left but I want to stay in contact with her
summerbirdreads
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Bethxshawxo)
Are we allowed to message them on messenger though if the teacher has left the school but we haven’t. Because a teacher has recently left but I want to stay in contact with her
This thread is probably older than you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (56)
12.33%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (8)
1.76%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (122)
26.87%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (41)
9.03%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (212)
46.7%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
3.3%

Watched Threads