J3551CA
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Has anyone got a magical way of remembering the cell organelles? I need to remember the organelles and their functions and Im struggling. I need a rhyme or something.
EmMione De Lys
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Like mnemonics ?? I need 'em too !! I always miss one or two of them !
J3551CA
Rep:
?
I need to remember:
Ribosomes
Cell Wall
Mitrochondrion
Vacuole
Lysosomes
Chloroplast
Golgi body
Cytoplasm
Cell membrane

And all the functions. Please help me remember them......
Philbert
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...8151742AAmP6WG

Found this page on Yahoo! answers. Those should give you some ideas, you could use those ones or adapt them to make them a bit more personal
J3551CA
Rep:
?
(Original post by Philbert)
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...8151742AAmP6WG

Found this page on Yahoo! answers. Those should give you some ideas, you could use those ones or adapt them to make them a bit more personal
This is fab than you very much x
J3551CA
Rep:
?
Further more can anyone give me a fantastic example of velocity? just got my head around displacement, force, mass and acceleration. my understanding is that rather than saying I'm travelling 50mph My velocity would be that i was travelling 50mph north which is 20 miles from target. This is a guess I don't really have a clue? x
DarrenBoyle
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by J3551CA)
Further more can anyone give me a fantastic example of velocity? just got my head around displacement, force, mass and acceleration. my understanding is that rather than saying I'm travelling 50mph My velocity would be that i was travelling 50mph north which is 20 miles from target. This is a guess I don't really have a clue? x
I think you should probably ask this Physics question in the Physics subforum instead of this Biology one
eckothegecko
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Repetition, repetition, repetition! That's all I can suggest, especially drawing the cell and organelles frequently.
It is possible
J3551CA
Rep:
?
(Original post by Amiro123)
I think you should probably ask this Physics question in the Physics subforum instead of this Biology one
yes your probably right. x
BeHappy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by J3551CA)
I'd say velocity is a speed in a given direction. So if an exam question asks you for velocity you may have to say 50mph North or 50mph at 15 degrees to the horizontal. Whereas speed has not direction... Etc. Like others have said, you'd probably get a better answer in the physics forum

For the organelles perhaps make note cards, one for each organelle? It's a purely personal thing, depending on how you revise and what sticks in your head.
A pneumonic perhaps or a song? Haha
J3551CA
Rep:
?
(Original post by Amy7)
I'd say velocity is a speed in a given direction. So if an exam question asks you for velocity you may have to say 50mph North or 50mph at 15 degrees to the horizontal. Whereas speed has not direction... Etc. Like others have said, you'd probably get a better answer in the physics forum

For the organelles perhaps make note cards, one for each organelle? It's a purely personal thing, depending on how you revise and what sticks in your head.
A pneumonic perhaps or a song? Haha
Thanks Amy you have confirmed what I thought about velocity. It seems so close to speed but I guess thats it. Speed and time in a certain direction. Thanks x
Nishrin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Mnemonics for Cell organelles.My Little Peter Got Excellent Comments on Red Vase.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (3)
9.09%
I need help researching courses (2)
6.06%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
9.09%
I need help with my personal statement (15)
45.45%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (7)
21.21%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
3.03%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (2)
6.06%

Watched Threads