Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magicalsausage)
    The Power of Love

Oh of course.

ReputationRep:
    Umm no I think you'll find that cheesy power ballads are far superior.
    Oh yeah! Cheesy power ballads are the greatest
    {gets lighter out}
    CAA-AA-AA-RIEEE CAAA-AAA-AAAA-RIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theoffender)
    I've just been reading through old posts of this thread, and I can quite safely say that you are a complete berk.
    Look through all the grammatical mistakes he made in his self-laudatory statement which you quoted - his understanding of apostrophes is rather poor for someone soooooooo brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASNaC)
    Look through all the grammatical mistakes he made in his self-laudatory statement which you quoted - his understanding of apostrophes is rather poor for someone soooooooo brilliant.

You are so evil

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rah)
    who cares? you can still say you went to cambridge.

queens' is lovely and received the most applications last year (including mine )
    is queens really lovely????! whats so good about it? im so glad you said that as im heading there in october.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    Don't worry. Just listen to the Final Countdown and get yourself a perm and all will be forgiven
    One of the only real songs I've ever heard used as hold music. That and 'Heard it through the grape vine'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theoffender)
    I've just been reading through old posts of this thread, and I can quite safely say that you are a complete berk.
    He's alright. He can just get a bit carried away.

ReputationRep:
    The Power of Love
    "And you don't need money, Don't need fame, Don't need no credit card to ride this train...."

Mmmmmmmm... Back the Future....

( Really quite AWFUL song though. Why would you choose that to high-light from BttF and miss out Johnny B Goode? )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faboba)
    "And you don't need money, Don't need fame, Don't need no credit card to ride this train...."

Mmmmmmmm... Back the Future....

( Really quite AWFUL song though. Why would you choose that to high-light from BttF and miss out Johnny B Goode? )
    Johnny B Goode isn't a power ballad!

ReputationRep:
    queens was one of my shortlisted colleges but i thought it looked and felt dingey. maybe thats just me :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Plus, if someone challenges you on an issue that's personal, you're going to get defensive, and lose control of what you say. Both of you, stop being deliberately provocative. If you're both at Cambridge, shoot one another with water pistols or something, just don't *snark*

<mutter>

And I thought it was only us *girls* who *****ed...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockindemon)
    queens was one of my shortlisted colleges but i thought it looked and felt dingey. maybe thats just me :confused:
    oh no! dingy?? in what ways?
    sob.
    ive heard its one of the more social colleges? is that true? i hope its not the cambridge equivalent of the university of hawaii!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masonne)
    university of hawaii!!

What? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

ReputationRep:
    oh no! dingy?? in what ways?
    sob.
    ive heard its one of the more social colleges? is that true? i hope its not the cambridge equivalent of the university of hawaii!!
    Yeah, it seems to be. I've never actually been to one of their ents, but they're apparently good (not as good as Clare Cellars though, obviously ) and the few people I know from Queens' all seem quite outgoing. Don't worry, you're not going to be stuck in a social wasteland!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Yeah, it seems to be. I've never actually been to one of their ents, but they're apparently good (not as good as Clare Cellars though, obviously ) and the few people I know from Queens' all seem quite outgoing. Don't worry, you're not going to be stuck in a social wasteland!
    And it isn't dingy! Some of the accommodation blocks ming a bit but that goes for most colleges. Queens' has some glorious medieval buildings.. mmmm...

ReputationRep:
    Johnny B Goode isn't a power ballad!
    No. But it is a damn goode song.

Remind me to get drunk and sing it for you some day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MentallyIll)
    What? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
    university of hawaii has the (mis)conception of being a university for those that just want to get a suntan, surf and have an awesome time partying. hence i was hoping that queens wasnt simply the univeristy of cambridge equivalent.....although it may be fun

ReputationRep:
    university of hawaii has the (mis)conception of being a university for those that just want to get a suntan, surf and have an awesome time partying. hence i was hoping that queens wasnt simply the univeristy of cambridge equivalent.....although it may be fun
    Sounds like a nice place to me :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Queens' is very social, and has very good ents, however it does not have a reputation lik the University of Hawaii, as it is also known for being one of the more academic colleges (almost always in the top 10).

ReputationRep:
    im applying for economics- got AAB in 12-Unit ICT and Business Studies Respectively, now doing maths, further maths, economics and as additonal further maths in a yr- im looking at fitz and homerton, what would you suggest anyone?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.