Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    im in the A2 year at college and ive no idea wot to do next. i want to go to uni and do sports science but it doesnt really lead to a good career. i was thinking of taking a gap year to think about wot to do and earn some money ect but that means there will be more competition for uni places next year coz of the tutition fees in 2006. im not sure if sport is the right degree for me though but i will find it interesting. also u have to do oral presentations which i hate.
    any advice

ReputationRep:
    just do a degree that you will enjoy- that is the most important thing as now-a-days many professions or jobs do not require specific degrees and you can do conversion courses etc. If you are really not sure then take a year out and get some work experience/paid work in an area you think you might like to go into. This way you can have an ultimate goal, make your decision and earn money at the same time. If you get good grades you will not need to worry about the competition. I took 2 years out and now have places at birmingham and warwcik to do psychology and am trying to pick between them- so its all good!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    im in the A2 year at college and ive no idea wot to do next. i want to go to uni and do sports science but it doesnt really lead to a good career. i was thinking of taking a gap year to think about wot to do and earn some money ect but that means there will be more competition for uni places next year coz of the tutition fees in 2006. im not sure if sport is the right degree for me though but i will find it interesting. also u have to do oral presentations which i hate.
    any advice
    become a professional sports photographer - think of all the freebies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthbutton)
    just do a degree that you will enjoy- that is the most important thing as now-a-days many professions or jobs do not require specific degrees and you can do conversion courses etc. If you are really not sure then take a year out and get some work experience/paid work in an area you think you might like to go into. This way you can have an ultimate goal, make your decision and earn money at the same time. If you get good grades you will not need to worry about the competition. I took 2 years out and now have places at birmingham and warwcik to do psychology and am trying to pick between them- so its all good!!
    thanx. i think im gonna end up doing sport its just that ive not applied to uni and wud like to go this year. :rolleyes:
    its not possible to get through clearing if uve not applied is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    any advice
    What subjects are you taking?

What do you enjoy?

That ought to give you at least an idea of what area of degree type you may want to pursue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    thanx. i think im gonna end up doing sport its just that ive not applied to uni and wud like to go this year. :rolleyes:
    Hi you can apply late, you will be subject to a late fee I think.. but the unis will still consider your application at their discretion. Then you will be eligible for ucas extra and clearing. (But you have to use up 6 choices). It would be best to do this all ASAP, like,,, right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alec)
    What subjects are you taking?

What do you enjoy?

That ought to give you at least an idea of what area of degree type you may want to pursue.
    yea i enjoy sport the best apart frm one module. can i just ask any1 wot is the timetable like at uni. i mean do lectures finish at around 4.00 or 5.00. also how much free time is there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    I think that you can put in a late application- www.ucas.com check on the website or phone them asap to find out.

ReputationRep:
    www.ucas.com

ReputationRep:
    http://www.ucas.com/
    this is what i meant to post-soz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    any advice
    just do biology or sumthin, do somethin that could be developed into what u want to do, like i want to do fine art or textiles design as a degree both will allow me to go into teaching art, something related is what u want

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthbutton)
    www.ucas.com
    http://www.ucas.com/

http://gosh.ex.ac.uk/~osw201/ukl/ind...altfaq_vb_bugs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fionah)
    Hi you can apply late, you will be subject to a late fee I think.. but the unis will still consider your application at their discretion. Then you will be eligible for ucas extra and clearing. (But you have to use up 6 choices). It would be best to do this all ASAP, like,,, right now.
    k thanks, why wud i have to use up 6 choices?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    yea i enjoy sport the best apart frm one module. can i just ask any1 wot is the timetable like at uni. i mean do lectures finish at around 4.00 or 5.00. also how much free time is there.
    varies with subject. Some people will be unluvky enough to have pretty mcuh 9-5 every day. Fortunately i'm not one of them. Every 2 weeks i get friday off and my longest days are monday (12-5) and tue (10-3)

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2004
Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.